Forum rules or dirty words.

What is your opinion about the profanity on forum?

• #1 Profanity is unfitting for a Community Forum.

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • #2 Dirty language is okay on this forum.

• #3 The rules say no dirty language so there is not to be any.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • #4 The Moderator does not enforce it so the rules mean nothing.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • #5 The dirty words are okay because they irritate JPC.

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • #6 Mature grown up people use profanity so it can be used here too.

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • #7 When the Moderator does not care then no one else need care either.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • #8 I never post profanity but other people do.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • #9 Can use acronyms and lie about its meaning being dirty.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • #10 It is not asking too much for people to refrain from using dirty language on the forum.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • #11 To hell with the forum rules.

• #12 Just change the name to "The dirty Community Forum".

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • #13 Other reason to stop the profanity.

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • #14 Other reason to keep using profanity on the forum.

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If only other persons here could be as magnanimous as you claim to be.

Hey f-wad...what am I?..a fawking potted plant? I am much more magnanimous than that Toxick arsehole is...guaran-fawking-tee ya. He can be sofa king we todd did, ya know what I mean?

:buddies:

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Can we pool in and buy english classes for Jimmy? If I have to see one more double pronoun or fragmented sentence from him, I swear....

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
The Child Support system and its ideology are evil and ignorant, but the words are not dirty or profane or anything negative.

It does seem to me that one big reason for the inappropriate language is because of people functioning around a 3rd grade level here.

:whistle:

1. Pretty sure the children that receive child support would disagree.

2. Your assessment of 3rd grade level here is obviously based on your writing skills.

Please stop using double pronouns. Seriously.

terbear1225

The Child Support system and its ideology are evil and ignorant, but the words are not dirty or profane or anything negative.

It does seem to me that one big reason for the inappropriate language is because of people functioning around a 3rd grade level here.

You hit 3rd grade at about 15, right? Did you ever get past 3rd grade?

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Not negative? Tell that to the single moms who can't support their kids. Idiot, if you father a child, be prepared to pay for that child.

JPCusick

My real name.
Response.

And for America.

:patriot:

[ censored ]

The very first-place prize is awarded to you. :killingme

Yours is superior based on your sincerity.

You are the dirty-talking winner.

:dingding:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You're still here and still complaining. That can only mean one thing, you really like it, but you want everyone to think you don't.

I see this more as a discussion and not so much as a complaining, so to me "liking it or not liking it" is irrelevant to me.

It seems to me that others fail to see the seriousness of the transgression.

Getting people to act (and speak) as savages is easier to do, while raising the standard above that divide is a much more enjoyable way to go.

Please stop using double pronouns. Seriously.

You would be wise to start learning from my example instead of criticizing.

My language used is very governed.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The very first-place prize is awarded to you. :killingme

Yours is superior based on your sincerity.

:dingding:

I see this more as a discussion and not so much as a complaining, so to me "liking it or not liking it" is irrelevant to me.

It seems to me that others fail to see the seriousness of the transgression.

Getting people to act (and speak) as savages is easier to do, while raising the standard above that divide is a much more enjoyable way to go.

You would be wise to start learning from my example instead of criticizing.

You should go back to school, pick up where you left off in 5th grade.

Toxick

Splat

I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect.

The first time I didn't feel it.

But this time I feel it!

And I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!

:diva:

JPCusick

My real name.
Reply.

I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect.

The first time I didn't feel it.

But this time I feel it!

And I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!

I do have a high respect for you ever since I first started posting on this forum when I first ran for election in 2006. At that time it was you that posted a defense against a certain wrongful deed going on and I do not forget things like that. So ever after I have kept you in my high regard.

In fact if I did not feel that high regard for you then I would not get so blasted angry at you when you defend the indefensible.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for making my point for me.

There are reasons that I post the words in that way - and you would need to give me some simple consideration to empathize.

I try to be accurate and truthful in my words which requires from me to use extra words.

As like in that case (the sentence above) when I speak in real life then I use profanity myself and I do speak with dirty language, so I control that defect in writing the post for this forum, which means that my speaking language is not quite right while my language used here is better governed. As such I am trying NOT to be a real life hypocrite.

The words that I use in my postings are important to me - even if they are not so well versed to you.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
There are reasons that I post the words in that way - and you would need to give me some simple consideration to empathize.

I try to be accurate and truthful in my words which requires from me to use extra words.

As like in that case (the sentence above) when I speak in real life then I use profanity myself and I do speak with dirty language, so I control that defect in writing the post for this forum, which means that my speaking language is not quite right while my language used here is better governed. As such I am trying NOT to be a real life hypocrite.

The words that I use in my postings are important to me - even if they are not so well versed to you.

I'm not sure what you just tried to say, but I'll leave at this. If you are going to post and try to portray yourself as someone more enlightened, smarter, well versed and with an air of superiority, then you need to have that grasp of the English language and it's common correct use. If you are going to write like you speak and at your current intelligence level, that's fine...most people can respect that. But when someone tries to write or speak on an intelligence level higher than what they actually possess, it makes you look dumber, not smarter. Remember, it's the message, not the words you are trying to get across.

JPCusick

My real name.
Reply.

I'm not sure what you just tried to say, but I'll leave at this. If you are going to post and try to portray yourself as someone more enlightened, smarter, well versed and with an air of superiority, then you need to have that grasp of the English language and it's common correct use. If you are going to write like you speak and at your current intelligence level, that's fine...most people can respect that. But when someone tries to write or speak on an intelligence level higher than what they actually possess, it makes you look dumber, not smarter. Remember, it's the message, not the words you are trying to get across.

I got to say that I do not agree with any of that, and I see that as a strategy for remaining inferior.

It reminds me of the old stories about Abe Lincoln, in that he was teased and insulted because he wanted more-so to read his books instead of working in the fields.

If anyone acts nice then they are nice, and if one acts better than they are better, and every person has to start from the bottom and then move up.

As to my own language here then I repeat - you would be wise to learn from the example instead of criticizing it.

Plus I said that I do NOT write as I speak, because I speak with the dirty words but I restrain myself from writing the dirty words.

And your last line (in red) is simply wrong, in that the words must be correct or else the message simply can not be delivered correctly.

It was said of General Grant during the racist rebellion that one of his best attributes was that the messages he sent to his officers were written in such a clear wording that his orders would be followed without the confusion of others who wrote poorly.

Link = ALWD | Legal Communication & Rhetoric: JALWD | Current Issues | Fall 2012 | Julie A. Oseid

:coffee:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
So JPC, you think most people on the forums are inferior to you because they speak their mind and use a word here and there to get their point across. What an effin' joke! Most everyone here is a hard working citizen making their contribution to society and you sit you your a$$ and look down your nose while you're getting your entitlements and not doing one thing to make a difference in your community. You are such a loser.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
I got to say that I do not agree with any of that, and I see that as a strategy for remaining inferior.

So, you got to say you don't agree with me and that is your strategy for remaining inferior.

Are you sure that's what you meant to say? See what I mean about message?

You just said you are inferior to me.

Stop this argument while you have a sliver of credibility left.

JPCusick

My real name.
Reply.

So JPC, you think most people on the forums are inferior to you because they speak their mind and use a word here and there to get their point across.

[ censored ]

People who use dirty words to communicate are inferior to those who communicate in better ways.

And I do not see it as "most people" on this forum, as it is really just a few lowlifes.

You are still equal in other regards - but inferior just in language skills.

That is not a complicated reality.

:howdy:

bcp

In My Opinion
People who use dirty words to communicate are inferior to those who communicate in better ways.

And I do not see it as "most people" on this forum, as it is really just a few lowlifes.

lets see.. if I have a choice.
inferior in language skills
or
inferior in life skills

man, this is tough,, I suppose if I were inferior in life skills, I would really want to be superior in language skills since I would have to be begging others to sustain me.

of course, If I am superior in life skills, and am able to sustain my own life without digging in other peoples pockets,,, WTF does it matter if I swear now and again.
Should I be concerned with offending the leach with their hand in my pocket? I dont think so.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

personally I like a large, colorful, vocabulary. it adds spice to the conversation.