Furniture buying places

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You have a long way to go to get in the same league as TJ, Sappy and Midnight but, damn it boy, you keep trying.

True dat! It is like a pubescent youngster having a temper tantrum, flinging poop trying to make things stick and doing the "Look at me! Look at ME!!!" dance while vomiting in every thread it can. We have seen MUCH worse. :lol:

True dat! It is like a pubescent youngster having a temper tantrum, flinging poop trying to make things stick and doing the "Look at me! Look at ME!!!" dance while vomiting in every thread it can. We have seen MUCH worse. :lol:

No idea what he's trying to prove by digging up those old non sequitur threads.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I'm going to have this site shut down! I KNOW PEOPLE!!! :roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So I spent the day Saturday furniture shopping up in Waldorf. First and foremost, traffic is a fustercluck. :lol: But I managed to hit four stores and my reviews are below, from lowest to highest ranked:

• Regency - what a joke! Huge warehouse where fugly furniture goes to die. Horribly overpriced, too. Next! :boo: :boo:
  • Value City Furniture - When did the 80's chrome and glass come back into style? NEXT!!! :boo:
  • Bob's Discount Furniture - An older gentleman named Roger greeted me as I entered the store. I said it was my first time shopping there so he gave me a nice rundown of their pricing system and where stuff was located in the store. Found some nice pieces while wandering and took pics of them. Roger saw me as I was leaving, asked what I had found, and explained their delivery policy to me. All straight forward and no nonsense. :yay:
  • Ashley HomeStore - Now we're talking! Beautiful setups and many styles to choose from! The store is right down from VCF and I didn't even realize it was there until I went to pull out. I walk in and an old friend is working there, so we chatted for a few minutes and then he left me alone so I could explore on my own. Prices were reasonable but a bit more than Bob's but it was also higher quality. Took more pics of what I liked and talked to H on my way out about delivery. Overall a very good experience. :yay: :yay:

Still exploring buying used, other stores in other areas, and online sources. Anyone ever buy from Wayfair.com?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So I spent the day Saturday furniture shopping up in Waldorf. First and foremost, traffic is a fustercluck. :lol: But I managed to hit four stores and my reviews are below, from lowest to highest ranked:

• Regency - what a joke! Huge warehouse where fugly furniture goes to die. Horribly overpriced, too. Next! :boo: :boo:
  • Value City Furniture - When did the 80's chrome and glass come back into style? NEXT!!! :boo:
  • Bob's Discount Furniture - An older gentleman named Roger greeted me as I entered the store. I said it was my first time shopping there so he gave me a nice rundown of their pricing system and where stuff was located in the store. Found some nice pieces while wandering and took pics of them. Roger saw me as I was leaving, asked what I had found, and explained their delivery policy to me. All straight forward and no nonsense. :yay:
  • Ashley HomeStore - Now we're talking! Beautiful setups and many styles to choose from! The store is right down from VCF and I didn't even realize it was there until I went to pull out. I walk in and an old friend is working there, so we chatted for a few minutes and then he left me alone so I could explore on my own. Prices were reasonable but a bit more than Bob's but it was also higher quality. Took more pics of what I liked and talked to H on my way out about delivery. Overall a very good experience. :yay: :yay:

Still exploring buying used, other stores in other areas, and online sources. Anyone ever buy from Wayfair.com?
:yay:

Have you also considered Overstock.com?

MiddleGround

Whatever you do and wherever you shop, please heed these words.

DO NOT GET A FURNITURE WARRANTY FROM MONTAGE!!

I got one from Raley's and those people (Montage) are crooks!!!

Just a friendly tip