Furniture buying places

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
@Jazz Lady...I work retail, so it is good to read a customer had an experience, which should be unremarkable.

Should be but seems to be not the norm around here. I appreciate good service and always reward the workers handsomely. If they can't be tipped monetarily, I will give compliments and let their manager know of my pleasure with the service if I can.

SugarBear47

My experience buying furniture in southern maryland is hit & miss. You do not know what you will eventually get when delivered, which takes 6 weeks, because everything comes from a warehouse, somewhere. I've seen a lot of praise for Ashleys in Waldorf. For me that was the worst. Service was great at the store, bend over backwards to help me. The problem started after I received the bedroom furniture - it was not the same quality as was in the store - the furniture that arrived was nothing but partical board. Within a week drawers were falling out of dressers, the sides of the drawers are only a few inches high etc etc....really reallly cheap. I bought a loveseat that arrived with NO support and yet in the store it felt so nice and firm. This was all a year ago, yes i complained with no results and furniture is now at the county dump. Will never buy from Ashleys again.

OldHillcrestGuy

My experience buying furniture in southern maryland is hit & miss. You do not know what you will eventually get when delivered, which takes 6 weeks, because everything comes from a warehouse, somewhere. I've seen a lot of praise for Ashleys in Waldorf. For me that was the worst. Service was great at the store, bend over backwards to help me. The problem started after I received the bedroom furniture - it was not the same quality as was in the store - the furniture that arrived was nothing but partical board. Within a week drawers were falling out of dressers, the sides of the drawers are only a few inches high etc etc....really reallly cheap. I bought a loveseat that arrived with NO support and yet in the store it felt so nice and firm. This was all a year ago, yes i complained with no results and furniture is now at the county dump. Will never buy from Ashleys again.

Better not buy from Regency, Marlo or Ashley all owned by Regency people. I have always had good luck from Lazy Boy, just in the last month got 2 leather recliners from them. They were in the warehouse up near Baltimore and had them delivered in less then 7 days. No pressure from the sales folks, they are not on commission, we walked the store for what seemed like an hour before we decided to contact someone for help. We then spent maybe another 2 hours just talking and kidding with the ladies who were working. These recliners replaced 2 older ones we had for at least 20 years, these new ones are so comfortable.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Jazz, not to steel your thunder, but this is the best thread for me to share this.

Hubs just picked this up in Alabama-squeeee!

Attachments

• tall boy 1.jpg
    tall boy 1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 185

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Jazz, not to steel your thunder, but this is the best thread for me to share this.

Hubs just picked this up in Alabama-squeeee!

Very nice and will go well with the rest of your furniture. :yay: And you are not stealing my thunder at all. My searching and buying is all done now. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Very nice and will go well with the rest of your furniture. :yay: And you are not stealing my thunder at all. My searching and buying is all done now. :lol:

I'm going to be compelled to make him carve a head board now. We have an upholstered headboard right now.

OldHillcrestGuy

Where can I find an Amish made sofa and barcalounger?

Don't know about a amish sofa. Barcalounger's are what we just replaced, had 2 of them, had them for about 20 years. Place we bought them at in Arlington Va. went out of business. They were great recliners one of them was my Archer Bunker go to chair.

Clem72

Don't know about a amish sofa. Barcalounger's are what we just replaced, had 2 of them, had them for about 20 years. Place we bought them at in Arlington Va. went out of business. They were great recliners one of them was my Archer Bunker go to chair.

I was kinda-sorta-joking. Would like Amish furniture quality, for furniture not typically made by Amish (at least not at the places I can go to here in SOMD). A recliner and/or sofa that wouldn't fall apart after only a few years would be great.