FYI - be safe ladies

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
Just to complete the post above, this same email was flying around last year - IT IS NOT TRUE! IT DID NOT HAPPEN!!!!!

I just received the same email. The email I received was forwarded with a signature from William Rosado, Sergeant, MSP. IF this is not true, I would think that police officer would be PO'd that his name is circulating with this!

dn0121

I just received the same email. The email I received was forwarded with a signature from William Rosado, Sergeant, MSP. IF this is not true, I would think that police officer would be PO'd that his name is circulating with this!

First, it is simple to add someones name. Look I just changed your name in your quote to RB. Second how would he even know it is on it?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
50/50 scenario:

Self defense or MA? Big difference. Even I, as small as I am, could catch and snap your arm like a twig. What do you think someone twice my size could do? So, I hope, you're looking for the first one.

I think I could take you :boxing:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Did the OP say the guys had a weapon? I don't remember reading that. Plus, there are TWO guys, so you'd have to be pretty quick about getting BOTH of them with the gas. Besides, if they actually had a gun pointed at me, I'm pretty damn sure I'd just give them the freaking gas. :rolleyes:
ETA: I just read the OP, and it said one guy was in front and the other guy was behind her. Soooo, you'd have to get the guy in front and then turn around and hope you still had time to spray the guy behind you....:eyebrow:.
What's so impossible about that? Squirt the one in front first (as your body blocks the rear ones sight) and then turn and squirt the one in back. It's your choice but I will not be a victim unless he has a gun in his hand. It's very unlikely that he will display a gun in full view when lots of people are around. I can also say that, if I see a man coming up to me, I get into a defensive posture very quickly. I have stopped guys before with a swift heel to the stomach or neck. This is why it is soo important to be aware of your surroundings at all times! Especially women. STOP A CRIME BEFORE IT HAPPENS! Parking lots, dark areas, walking to your car alone, etc., can be the end for some women & old people. I can't count how many times I've seen women at their cars fumbling through their purses looking for their keys with absolutely NO idea what's going on around them! Have those keys out before you get to your car!
For me, no one comes into my "space" (unless she's hot") :lmao:
I always keep people at least 2-3 feet from my body. I'm just that way but I never pump gas without constantly looking around. I've shown people many ways to avoid becomming a victim of crime but it's up to them to use it. :yay:

W

Wenchy

What's so impossible about that? Squirt the one in front first (as your body blocks the rear ones sight) and then turn and squirt the one in back. It's your choice but I will not be a victim unless he has a gun in his hand. It's very unlikely that he will display a gun in full view when lots of people are around. I can also say that, if I see a man coming up to me, I get into a defensive posture very quickly. I have stopped guys before with a swift heel to the stomach or neck. This is why it is soo important to be aware of your surroundings at all times! Especially women. STOP A CRIME BEFORE IT HAPPENS! Parking lots, dark areas, walking to your car alone, etc., can be the end for some women & old people. I can't count how many times I've seen women at their cars fumbling through their purses looking for their keys with absolutely NO idea what's going on around them! Have those keys out before you get to your car!
For me, no one comes into my "space" (unless she's hot") :lmao:
I always keep people at least 2-3 feet from my body. I'm just that way but I never pump gas without constantly looking around. I've shown people many ways to avoid becomming a victim of crime but it's up to them to use it. :yay:

You're a man and we are talking about a hypothetical situation involving a woman and two men. You can go ahead and play "Rambo".

True, we all need to be aware of our environment and prevent putting ourselves into a potentially bad situation.

I am a woman. Again, If I'm approached and feel threatened they can have their flipping gas. They can even have my credit card and my car. Material things can be replaced (easily) but I can't.

You go ahead and show those bad boys who's the boss. :yay: :lmao:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Listen to your illogical logic! I wouldn't reach for anything with a gas nozzle in my hand for God's sake! And even if you didn't have the gas nozzle in your hand, you act like you are going to fill up his gas can then you squirt him in the eyes! Then say: "he told me he had a knife or gun". Good grief ladies!!!!!
Here's the 2 scenarios:
1) You scream and he shoots you if he has a gun or stabs you. You lose!
2) You hit him in the eyes with a stream of gas and run. He can't see you for at least 10 minutes and your safe. You call 911 and he is apprehended. Women; I swear! Go ahead, scream. It worked in 1930...:whistle:

You will STILL be shot if you reach for anything, especially the shut off button! NO SUDDEN MOVES, OK? You have the gas nozzle IN HAND and yet you'd reach for the shut off button??? No wonder it happens to you ladies so much! GEEZZZ!
The gas nozzle will shoot a stream of about 6-10 feet. It's still your best bet!

Where did I say I'd reach for something with a gas nozzle in my hand? I said he could grab the nozzle quickly to turn it towards me. I also never said to only scream. Screaming does have a way of getting attention even though you bad-mouthed it. You can never say anything without sounding condescending, can you?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
You're a man and we are talking about a hypothetical situation involving a woman and two men. You can go ahead and play "Rambo".
True, we all need to be aware of our environment and prevent putting ourselves into a potentially bad situation.
I am a woman. Again, If I'm approached and feel threatened they can have their flipping gas. They can even have my credit card and my car. Material things can be replaced (easily) but I can't.
You go ahead and show those bad boys who's the boss. :yay: :lmao:
Yeah, you tell 'em cupcake. Go ahead and be a victim. They'll probably take you as a hostage then you'll wish you had fought them.
Every woman who screams is ALWAYS let go without injury right? :whistle: What a world I live in!
Where did I say I'd reach for something with a gas nozzle in my hand? I said he could grab the nozzle quickly to turn it towards me. I also never said to only scream. Screaming does have a way of getting attention even though you bad-mouthed it. You can never say anything without sounding condescending, can you?
That's exactly how a woman thinks but you're sooo wrong lady! I can tell if a person is approching me to talk or to do damage. Can't you? I believe that you would let him turn the nozzle on you. I can just tell! Ya know, he could also grab you in his arm and do an Irish jig with you too!!! The possibilities are endless here.
And there you go again calling ME condescending when I'm just looking out for another person's safety. Go ahead, scream. I've never heard of a woman being hurt or raped when she screams :sarcasm:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Yeah, you tell 'em cupcake. Go ahead and be a victim. They'll probably take you as a hostage then you'll wish you had fought them.
Every woman who screams is ALWAYS let go without injury right? :whistle: What a world I live in!

That's exactly how a woman thinks but you're sooo wrong lady! I can tell if a person is approching me to talk or to do damage. Can't you? I believe that you would let him turn the nozzle on you. I can just tell! Ya know, he could also grab you in his arm and do an Irish jig with you too!!! The possibilities are endless here.
And there you go again calling ME condescending when I'm just looking out for another person's safety. Go ahead, scream. I've never heard of a woman being hurt or raped when she screams :sarcasm:[/QUOTE]

Bully for you! Shame you didn't meet Ted Bundy and turn him in sooner. Everybody else thought he was just the nicest guy they'd ever met!

KMPaddy2255

And there you go again calling ME condescending when I'm just looking out for another person's safety. Go ahead, scream. I've never heard of a woman being hurt or raped when she screams :sarcasm:

Oh really? Then you have obviously never been held at gun point before...huh?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:doh:

Says the guy who wants to go all Jet Li on their asses. :lmao:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Ok, but how fast does gasoline come out of the nozzle? :eyebrow: I doubt it's a gusher like it would need to be in order to drench them. :lmao:

I'll still take my chances with the button. It's right next to the pump.

Why am I debating about something that was made up? :lol:

I went to gas station yesterday evening and I saw that the button is not very close to the pump. You will have to walk over to be able to reach it. Also, if you are short, it's too high and out of your reach.

I would not take that chance to push the button as they can block your path to reach the button, trip you, etc. It's not worth it.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Says the guy who wants to go all Jet Li on their asses. :lmao:
Hey! I can't look like Chuck Norris and not be able to kick like him. (well almost). I think they watch too much TV and think that stuff really happens that way. Ya know, women scream and the cops hear it at the station or come from another county to rescue them... :shrug:
Hey PCJB, were you at Best Buy in Waldorf yesterday?
I went to gas station yesterday evening and I saw that the button is not very close to the pump. You will have to walk over to be able to reach it. Also, if you are short, it's too high and out of your reach.
I would not take that chance to push the button as they can block your path to reach the button, trip you, etc. It's not worth it.
Thank God! Someone who lives in the real world. :yay:

Vince

You lost me right about there. :bs:

There are a number of things she could've done since she was still in control of the situation.

1) Cut the pump off and walked inside since there's no mention of a weapon on the perp.

Better yet...
2) Doused him with gas and set him on fire. (My favorite) :lol:

#2 was :sarcasm: but even getting a bit of gas on him (he wanted free gas) and then pulling out a lighter would have been better than giving him exactly what he wanted.
That's the one I like!! :yay: :lmao: