gall bladder issues

PsyOps

Pixelated
yup i know i have to do something can't live life like this. I have had enough. :(

Do you notice the discomfort occurring when you eat a certain kind of food? If you don’t know, you should keep a food diary and note what you ate and when the pain occurred. The gall bladder will respond to foods with fat in them.

J

jp2854

Do you notice the discomfort occurring when you eat a certain kind of food? If you don’t know, you should keep a food diary and note what you ate and when the pain occurred. The gall bladder will respond to foods with fat in them.

I keep a food diary and so far there is no rime or reason to any of the pain. I know I can't eat too much in one sitting. I eat very little unless I want pain. all i have been able to eat so far is wild and long grain rice. greenbeans and carrots and tomatoes and I can also eat aspargus once in a blue moon. I also can eat chicken but not much in a weeks time frame or i end up in pain. The pain these last 3 weeks has been constant doesn't matter what I eat or what I do its there. I will be calling my doctor back tomorrow (I have to see if she is in she might be off this week due to it being right after christmas).

Tomorrow for lunch or dinner not sure which it will be yet I am going to try a plain baked potatoe and see how that does as I am getting a little tired of rice.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I keep a food diary and so far there is no rime or reason to any of the pain. I know I can't eat too much in one sitting. I eat very little unless I want pain. all i have been able to eat so far is wild and long grain rice. greenbeans and carrots and tomatoes and I can also eat aspargus once in a blue moon. I also can eat chicken but not much in a weeks time frame or i end up in pain. The pain these last 3 weeks has been constant doesn't matter what I eat or what I do its there. I will be calling my doctor back tomorrow (I have to see if she is in she might be off this week due to it being right after christmas).

Tomorrow for lunch or dinner not sure which it will be yet I am going to try a plain baked potatoe and see how that does as I am getting a little tired of rice.

You still seem to have an appetite. I read someone mention something about pancreatic cancer or something. One of the signs of that is loss of appetite.

Do you exercise? Could you have pulled a muscle? Does it hurt when you push on that area? Or is it only related to when you eat? Have you been vomiting, belching a lot, do you have a nasty or metallic taste in the back of your mouth particularly when you lay down?

I thought I was having a heart attack a while back, went to the emergency room. Turns out it wasn’t a heart attack but possibly acid reflux.

J

jp2854

You still seem to have an appetite. I read someone mention something about pancreatic cancer or something. One of the signs of that is loss of appetite.

Do you exercise? Could you have pulled a muscle? Does it hurt when you push on that area? Or is it only related to when you eat? Have you been vomiting, belching a lot, do you have a nasty or metallic taste in the back of your mouth particularly when you lay down?

I thought I was having a heart attack a while back, went to the emergency room. Turns out it wasn’t a heart attack but possibly acid reflux.

I suffer from acid reflux so i take meds daily for that so it can't be that. I have been burping a lot and yes it does hurt when I push in on the area that the pain is in so i don't do it.

No i don't exercise other htan taking the dog out to go to teh bathroom 4x a day. It is a constant pain doesn't matter if i eat or if i don't eat. the pain usually gets worse after eating though.

I am going to be calling the doctors in the morning to see if i can get them to go a little further in trying to figure things out as I can't live like this for 3 weeks like the nurse told me to do.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I suffer from acid reflux so i take meds daily for that so it can't be that. I have been burping a lot and yes it does hurt when I push in on the area that the pain is in so i don't do it.

No i don't exercise other htan taking the dog out to go to teh bathroom 4x a day. It is a constant pain doesn't matter if i eat or if i don't eat. the pain usually gets worse after eating though.

I am going to be calling the doctors in the morning to see if i can get them to go a little further in trying to figure things out as I can't live like this for 3 weeks like the nurse told me to do.

It's quite obvious you need some MRI/CT scans and perhaps a gastroscopy. And don't let them ignore the heart. Sometimes perceived stomach problems can actually be heart problems, especially if the pain is high up around the sternum area.

Any problems with breathing or dizziness?

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I had my gallbladder removed in 1987. We had made a big pot of chili for dinner & later that night, I awoke with excrutiating pain between my shoulder blades and felt very nauseous.

I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. I woke my husband to take me to the ER. Eventually the shoulder pain subsided, but the nausea remained, I was only comfortable in a 'fetal' position. To make a long story short, I had a small gallstone lodged in my hepatic duct along with 3 large stones. The small one that was lodged was the one causing the pain.

Here's a good article on gallstones. I wish you the best in determining the cause of your pain & for an easy fix.

Nutrition: Gallstones and Complications - Detection and Treatment

Lilypad

Here's a good article on gallstones. I wish you the best in determining the cause of your pain & for an easy fix.

No easy fix....surgery is the only option if there are stones, gravel or an obstruction...

J

jp2854

It's quite obvious you need some MRI/CT scans and perhaps a gastroscopy. And don't let them ignore the heart. Sometimes perceived stomach problems can actually be heart problems, especially if the pain is high up around the sternum area.

Any problems with breathing or dizziness?

no problems with breathing or dizziness. The only problem i have is lower right side stomach pain.

J

jp2854

No easy fix....surgery is the only option if there are stones, gravel or an obstruction...

the doctor already said no gallstones everything there looked fine. so we are puzzled as to what it could be.

Agee

I went through the majority of the Gall Bladder/liver/pancreas tests. Everything was soild. The doctor narrowed it down to "Peptic ulsers", prescribed two 150 mg zantzc a day. Problem subssided, but still get the occasional attacks.

When they hit I have to sleep sitting-up and can't sleep on my side. Rich, fatty, fried foods have been esssentially eliminated.

Best to you and get well soon!

I went through the majority of the Gall Bladder/liver/pancreas tests. Everything was soild. The doctor narrowed it down to "Peptic ulsers", prescribed two 150 mg zantzc a day. Problem subssided, but still get the occasional attacks.

When they hit I have to sleep sitting-up and can't sleep on my side. Rich, fatty, fried foods have been esssentially eliminated.

Best to you and get well soon!

But you can still eat crispy grilled steaks dunked in ketchup... right...:shocking:

PsyOps

Pixelated
no problems with breathing or dizziness. The only problem i have is lower right side stomach pain.

I was mistaken. I thought I read you said it was in the upper abdomin/center of your chest around the sternum.

I say don't be shy and tell your doctor what you want or go somewhere else.

Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

She hasn't answered. I think she's ignoring me. :ohwell:

:yeahthat: She has you on iggy.

I was mistaken. I thought I read you said it was in the upper abdomin/center of your chest around the sternum.

I say don't be shy and tell your doctor what you want or go somewhere else.
That's what she reported a couple weeks ago. If the pain is "moving" it might very well be intestinal. It could be a vast number of things and there is simply no way to guess. She has to wait and see what all the tests point to.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's what she reported a couple weeks ago. If the pain is "moving" it might very well be intestinal. It could be a vast number of things and there is simply no way to guess. She has to wait and see what all the tests point to.

I initially approached this from a gall bladder problem standpoint at first. My wife was hit suddenly with acute gall bladder disease so I have some pretty ugly personal experience with that and can talk about it some.

I am having back pain that doctors can't figure out what's causing it. He thought it was my hip join so I had a steroid hip injection. Well, this did nothing. I also had back pain that I thought was causing me a heart attack. Pain can radiate from places when you think it’s in one place it’s actually in another.

I realize it will take time to find the problem, but jp also should demand things from the doctor and not let the doctor ignore things that jp may know about. Sometimes doctors can be passive about things and it’s pretty annoying.

J

jp2854

i already have a call into her today and so far she hasn't returned my call and who knows if she will or will not do so. I will give her til 230 and if i don't get a return by then i will call her office back and see if they can get an answer as to what she wants to try next. the rest of the day its going to be light foods for me (veggies) and a potatoe for dinner. Tomorrow is going to be a clear liquid diet (jello and chicken broth or maybe I will add some rice to it I have to see) as I said before I can only take it hour by hour not day by day right now.

I go see the gastrointerologist on the 15th of january maybe he might be able to pinpoint the problem if my family doctor doesn't want to work with me to figure it out. When i do talk to her today I have to get her to give me something for being nauseous (sp) as after I eat i get feeling as if i am going to u know but so far it hasn't happened but I hate walking around not feeling good.

So far we know its not my gallbladder stones or anything wrong with the gallbladder we also know I don't have any kidney stones and she did blood work and it all came back normal. Last tuesday she had me start taking yuck old maalox (I wouldnt even ask my worst enemy to try the stuff) gag me with a metal spoon and upped my previcad she seems to think i have indigestion but it can't be that because of where the pain is. I guess she thinks I have had this for 2months now whats the big deal if she waits a little longer. Well it is a big deal I am tired of being ill. I want to live a normal life again and not have to worry if I eat now will i end up sick in an hr from what i had.

Over top of all of this I now got a cold due to this weather we have been having.

Last edited by a moderator:

wineo

loving life
I have had gall bladder attacks for the last 3 months and see the surgeon on Jan 5th. They keep giving me pain meds and phenagren for nausea/vomiting. I have been on 3 different pain meds, each one a stronger strength. Only masking the pain.

I am having a slight attack as I type this. Getting to be Normal for me. Isn't that sick?

Been to the ER 3 times and always the same thing, follow up with your Dr. in 1 to 3 days. You can clearly see the stones or pylops(not sure which one it is). I just want this out, I have been miserable and am ready to feel like myself.

Hope the 5th brings me a surgery date.