gall bladder issues

J

jp2854

kwillia i have a gyn apt on the 1st of feb that is the earliest they could get me in and i go to the gastro on the 15th of January. I go back to my family doctor tomorrow to talk to her again and see what she wants next. I have learned to live with the pain and yes I have had it for a while that is another reason the gyn thinks its a cyst.

Lilypad

kwillia i have a gyn apt on the 1st of feb that is the earliest they could get me in and i go to the gastro on the 15th of January. I go back to my family doctor tomorrow to talk to her again and see what she wants next. I have learned to live with the pain and yes I have had it for a while that is another reason the gyn thinks its a cyst.

Sweet jp2854 dear sweet jp2854, you need to tell all these "doctors" what YOU need....girfriend you need an advocate!:howdy:

friendtofishes

Years ago I suffered through months of intense abdominal pain, I was first diagnosed with an inflamed gall bladder, then an inflamed appendix, had two exploratory surguries, one removing the gall bladder and the next the appendix. Then I was told it was Chrones disease, despite numerous attempts at treatment, nothing helped. Finally after being seen in the ER 7 times in 7 days, the DR started testing my kidney function. Turns out I had had a kidney stone, it had become lodged in the urethra, blocking the flow of urine from one kidney. The end result was the kidney had failed and I had to have 3 additional surgeries to remove it and all the resultant scar tissue. I sincerely hope you are not experiencing the same or a similar issue. But your month's of abdominal pain and the flaoting nature of it remind me of what I went through.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
So, it's been two weeks or so and nothing new? What came from the 15th appointment with gastroenterolgist?

I was betting on gall bladder disease (my own gallbladder had hundreds of stones that didn't show up on ultra-sound, CT scan, etc. I fiddle-farted with upper abdominal pains for three years before a stone finally stuck in the bile duct and caused fever, sepsis, jaundice and appropriate pain.

Since jp's pain moved to McBurney's point, sounds like appendix (yes, you can live for years with chronic appendicitis) or possibly ovary.