Gas ????

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Someone please confirm that this is weird: I was driving down 301 toward La Plata...gas at the WaWa in White Plains was 2.89, the WaWa in La Plata was 2.93, and the gas at Safeway was 3.43!!!! And there were people actually getting gas at Safeway!!!!!!

willie

Hot N Bothered said:
I wouldn't mind the gas crisis of the 70s. I remember Mom having a fit over 70 cent gas. :tantrum

Ah, the good old days.
Not quite,
In the 70's the problem wasn't 70¢, it was the fact that there was no gas to buy at any price.

Hot N Bothered

willie said:
Not quite,
In the 70's the problem wasn't 70¢, it was the fact that there was no gas to buy at any price.
But nobody ever paid $3 a gallon. The gas was there, you just had to look for it and you didn't go running all over town or make two trips when you didn't have to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Danzig said:
$2.99 in the Park @ Sheetz and WaWa
Go, gas, GO! Damn, I should've bought some Exxon stock :ohwell:

Anyway, this is temporary - once they get everything back on track, prices will go back down.

willie

Hot N Bothered said:
But nobody ever paid $3 a gallon. The gas was there, you just had to look for it and you didn't go running all over town or make two trips when you didn't have to.
Are you sure you were there? There was a limit to what you could buy and a F250 Ford could not make it between stations on the Penn. Turnpike on the allotted amount. Gas lines were long and the price was immaterial. If your situation was just to get around town, it was no big deal but a 60 mile commute was a problem. You also have to remember that most cars in the 70's were gas hogs and the allotted gallons didn't get you far.

Christy

b*tch rocket
czygvtwkr said:
Dont forget the $5 for a cup of 50 cent coffee.
It's not $5, it's $3 and some change. :razz: I buy high dolla coffee on a frequent basis. :lol: You don't hear me complain about that, or gas prices, I need them both to sustain the life that I am accustomed. :drama:

Christy

b*tch rocket
PrepH4U said:
Makes me wonder what home heating oil will jump up to, could be a rough winter for some!
Guh, you had to go and bring that up. It's gonna be ugly I fear. BUT, I now have justification to buy the fancy shmancy insert for my downstairs fireplace that I've been wanting for years. :yay: See there is an upside to everthing. :biggrin:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Christy said:
Guh, you had to go and bring that up. It's gonna be ugly I fear. BUT, I now have justification to buy the fancy shmancy insert for my downstairs fireplace that I've been wanting for years. :yay: See there is an upside to everthing. :biggrin:
Find a good one, baby! We might need it now more than ever....

And we better order some far-wood.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Steve and Christy

What are you guys worried about? You can always go snuggle in with your new neighbors. :killingme

StanleyRugg

I am ready. I just went to the Shell down by Popes Creek and filled up Momma Ruggs Cordova. I even filled up the gas cans and all the mason jars and pickle jars I could find in the canning shed. I give up on the whirlybird I was trying to get workin and now I am inventin a motor that runs off cider vinegar. It won’t smell too good, unless of course you like vinegar like Rod does. One time the school sent a note home that they had lice infestation and momma Rugg warshed Rods head in cider vinegar everyday for a month cause she said lice was vermin that liked the unclean. He was sad at first cause nobody would sit next to him on the bus, but he got happy cause he got a seat all to himself. Momma Rugg says we are going to run out of gas by next Friday and it will be mayhem. Bein the scientist I am I think it will be sooner.