Gas ????

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
gumbo said:
Which tells me that price changes are being controlled from a lot higher up than gas station owners or oil corporations.
I hope you're not insinuating that the President called all the gas stations in America and told them to raise their prices.

Think about it - catastrophe in the South, and gas prices make an immediate jump in the north? The gas stations should sell the gas they have at the price they bought it, then jump the price when their price goes up.

janey83

Twenty Something
thank god I live near the cumberland gas station now, and tomorrow I can fill up my car for slightly less than what y'all are paying in PF..............

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
vraiblonde said:
I hope you're not insinuating that the President called all the gas stations in America and told them to raise their prices.

Think about it - catastrophe in the South, and gas prices make an immediate jump in the north? The gas stations should sell the gas they have at the price they bought it, then jump the price when their price goes up.
Oh I agree they should...And there are Laws that forbid them from price gouging the public during times like this.

Read some of the Fed Laws pasted during WW1 and WW2
Hell one law known as the McPherson act stopped mechanics from price gouging because there was a shortage of mechanics.
This act stops all auto business from getting together and price gouging.
A gas station is a automotive related business.

So how can they get away with naming their price and price gouging the hell out of the public ??? It falls under all the laws that were written during the WW not to mention we are at War.
Most of the laws written during the World Wars on price gouging and monopoly are on fuel, rubber and steel.

So you tell me how they are doing it then.
And exactly why are all the oil wells in TX, PA, OK,CA and Alaska caped off and on reserve?
Like they didn't know the very place that we buy oil from was going to hike it up seeing how we are over there kicking butt.
Thats right fight back kick em in the wallet.
And our Government always finds ways of funding wars.
Who are the two major contributors to political campaign funds ?
Could it be OIL companies and Insurance companies.
The result is the Oil Co, Ins Co and our Gov are all in the same little cozy bed.
They are all one of the same that controls all.

The dude that owns the place where we fuel up our trucks has told us that we can expect another major increase in prices today with his next expected fuel delivery and then his station is on a "rotation" list for delivery until further notice. I guess $4 a gallon won't seem so bad when some stations start running out altogether.

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
Nickel said:
Someone please confirm that this is weird: I was driving down 301 toward La Plata...gas at the WaWa in White Plains was 2.89, the WaWa in La Plata was 2.93, and the gas at Safeway was 3.43!!!! And there were people actually getting gas at Safeway!!!!!!

Nickel,
I seen that price as Safeway too, and thought I was just still half asleep because once I got to White Plains it was only 2.89 at WaWa. That is crazy that Safeway went up that high but, we gotta get gas though. It sucks.

CarolG

Nickel said:
Someone please confirm that this is weird: I was driving down 301 toward La Plata...gas at the WaWa in White Plains was 2.89, the WaWa in La Plata was 2.93, and the gas at Safeway was 3.43!!!! And there were people actually getting gas at Safeway!!!!!!

The safeway in Bryans Road was 3.45 and they had a long line. I don't see why when the other gas stations were 2.99 or 2.95. The shell (burch mart) actually ran out of regular last night because they were 2.95 or something like that.

Qpid

The reason Safeway gas is higher is because its independant....

I seen the same thing...$3.41 @ Safeway and down the street at shell its $3.09

nomoney

Qpid said:
The reason Safeway gas is higher is because its independant....

I seen the same thing...$3.41 @ Safeway and down the street at shell its $3.09
it's because only blacks buy it at safeway and its just another way the man can stick it to them :yay:

B

Bruzilla

If you really want to do something about gas prices, start a letter/email onslaught on all of the media outlets as they are the primary cause of most of this. We lost 10% of our refining capability in New Orleans, but that's not enough of a drop to cause widespread shortages and price spikes. What's driving that is speculation and panic buying, most of which results from unrealistic reporting of events.

For example, I was at a Sam's Club in Jacksonville yesterday, and there were long lines of cars at the pumps. There was also a WJXT news crew there video taping the lines and interviewing drivers. What wasn't shown was the ten or so other gas stations withing viewing distance that had no lines, or the fact that the idiots at the Sam's Club were sitting idling in line for 15+ minutes to pay $2.72 a gallon for gas when gas was $2.75 across the street at Chevron where there was no line.

Now, turning on the news last night, I see WJXT's reporter talking about the "mad rush" to go out and get gas, and how lines are forming at stations, and there was the video from the Sam's Club, but no video of the empty gas stations nearby. People watching that story get the impression that there are long lines at stations, and shortages are imminent, so they run out and panic buy which causes the shortages and price spikes they were afraid of.

FNC did a story about a gas station in Alabama that ran out of gas, and showed long lines of people trying to get gas, but didn't bother to show all of the other stations within a few miles that did have gas. They also didn't mention the fact that spot shortages are occuring in Alabama and neighboring states because in most cases the trucks that supply these stations got damaged in the storm, which is a highly local problem that's being inferred by the media to be a potential national problem. Once again, we're not getting the whole story, and stupid people react for all the wrong reasons.

I've sent emails to CNN, FNC, NBC, CBS, and ABC asking for more honest reporting, and I wish everyone else would also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcraft

I Agree

I must say that I do agree. 2 days ago the exxon in Prince Frederick ran out of regular gas. Everyone starting passing the word that there was very little or no more gas being shipped for awhile. After they heard that everyone headed to all the other stations for gas. They were paying the high prices which also made the other stations raise their prices. What they didn't know was that the tranker truck bringing the load of gas to that exxon that morning broke down and was 2 hours late getting there. End of story..