Gate 3

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I agree 100%!

I tend to just take it stride and not get my panties in a bunch over it.

Yes, the occasional southbound douchebag who breaks the traffic law, you nod and smile and say a little prayer for their soul. This morning, the southbound traffic blocked 235 for everybody, northbound and coming up Hermanville for at least 4 traffic cycles that I saw. That's a little beyond patience trying. I saw people at Hermanville swinging through the gas station and cutting across all of that mess to turn north they were so fed up. This is when accidents start happening and road rage starts occurring. The back-ups were so bad because of this. In all honesty, if everybody had followed the traffic laws, the traffic would have been flowing and everything wouldn't have been as backed up. But because some people seem to think the traffic laws don't apply to them...

CrashTest

All this just fans the flames for moving the whole base outta here because infrastructure and geographic location can't handle the logistics or flight ops. The base access "exercise" had traffic backed up to Hollywood.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I had to go through gate 1 twice this morning, once at 0540 and again at 0840. I know it's SC/Cs but neither time did I notice the guards doing anything different that would back traffic up so badly. :confused:

PeoplesElbow

Unfortunately the people coming from the south feel the need to wedge into the tiny amount of space that there is even when they don't have the right of way so if someone has a turn arrow but is waiting until there is enough room to turn in it is too late because some tool that lives south of base jumps into the space that should have been theirs.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Unfortunately the people coming from the south feel the need to wedge into the tiny amount of space that there is even when they don't have the right of way so if someone has a turn arrow but is waiting until there is enough room to turn in it is too late because some tool that lives south of base jumps into the space that should have been theirs.

:elaine:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Use the first gate you come to instead of thinking you are going to beat everybody by passing them all to overcrowd the last gate.

SG_Player1974

All this just fans the flames for moving the whole base outta here because infrastructure and geographic location can't handle the logistics or flight ops. The base access "exercise" had traffic backed up to Hollywood.

Anyone want to wait another 7 YEARS for this county to expand on the roadways or try to improve the commute to PAX?

It took them that long just to expand 235 from Gate 2 to Route 4. 7 YEARS FOR 5 MILES PEOPLE!!!

Hell... it has taken them over a year just to build the entrance to the new shopping center/theater across from Wildewood! And they are STILL NOT DONE!

FollowTheMoney

This security BS is an exercise in futility. To drive in, then stop to show an ID that get's, what?, a cursory micro-second glance, then a wave through? Any ID can be counterfeited to pass entry at a drive through security gate. Does anyone really think this is a viable way to stop someone hell bent on becoming an "active shooter" or continuing a mission of espionage? Base security is an absolute joke! At least at the gates anyway. Return to an open base entry system or at least the window decal system. How you people put up with this Orwellian show of false security on a daily basis is beyond me.

dave1959

It was announced on the radio and also published in the local news both paper and online.

Yeh, that.... I knew and I don't have anything to do with the base.

If someone doesn't know about it ... It's the a-holes that live in their own little bubble and don't pay attention to what's going on around them.

CrashTest

Anyone want to wait another 7 YEARS for this county to expand on the roadways or try to improve the commute to PAX?

It took them that long just to expand 235 from Gate 2 to Route 4. 7 YEARS FOR 5 MILES PEOPLE!!!

Hell... it has taken them over a year just to build the entrance to the new shopping center/theater across from Wildewood! And they are STILL NOT DONE!

They've been working on FDR for 30 years.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I work back by gate 3, if you think it was bad you should have seen the CF on GMR at gate 2.

:yeahthat:

I usually use Gate I in the a.m., but ALL the southbound lanes were trying to squeeze into the two left-turn lanes into Gate I. So, I went to Gate II. Not a whole lot better; same situation; add to that GMR traffic blocking the intersection
I was committed to the right left-turn lane (if that makes any sense) into Gate II. Things were inching along thanks to the quick light cycles; two or three cars went around me into the same lane to which I was already committed; behind two cars whose drivers didn't have the sense to go around and proceed . The same lane was clear about 20-30 yards ahead of the two cars I was stuck behind. Out of the corner of my eye, I see an F-150 trying to get around me and into the right left-turn lane. Neither I or the car in front of me could advance and this truck d*mn near sideswiped me trying to get ahead of me. Ask me if I moved......'Nope' would be the answer.

I almost wish I could work 9-5. Traffic's lighter by 9.....isn't it?

Cool story, huh? :lol:

Last edited:

merc669

:yeathat:

I usually use Gate I in the a.m., but ALL the southbound lanes were trying to squeeze into the two left-turn lanes into Gate I. So, I went to Gate II. Not a whole lot better; same situation; add to that GMR traffic blocking the intersection
I was committed to the right left-turn lane (if that makes any sense) into Gate II. Things were inching along thanks to the quick light cycles; two or three cars went around me into the same lane to which I was already committed; behind two cars whose drivers didn't have the sense to go around and proceed . The same lane was clear about 20-30 yards ahead of the two cars I was stuck behind. Out of the corner of my eye, I see an F-150 trying to get around me and into the right left-turn lane. Neither I or the car in front of me could advance and this truck d*mn near sideswiped me trying to get ahead of me. Ask me if I moved......'Nope' would be the answer.

Cool story, huh? :lol:

One of the reasons I started working from 5:30 am till 3pm was to not have the current issue. Leave the house at 5:15 and get to gate 1 and thru and at work by time they opened gate 2 at 0530.

molly_21

:yeathat:

No. I work 545-315. The few times I have had to work late or had running around to do and did not get finished until 430ish, traffic sucks. God forbid you leave after 330. A lot of people do actually work later hrs for whatever reason (8-430/530 or 9-530/630 (depending on if they are 8 or 9 hr days)) and traffic is actually bad. The earlier the better (meaning before 630/645). But I would say that those 20% of the base workers are the ones messing up traffic.

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

One of the reasons I started working from 5:30 am till 3pm was to not have the current issue. Leave the house at 5:15 and get to gate 1 and thru and at work by time they opened gate 2 at 0530.

Either you're a supervisor, or you work for one who doesn't say, 'These are your hours.....there will be no changes or deviations authorized.'