• It won't harm them nor make them accepting of a wrong way to live

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • It won't harm them and will rightly make them accept gays in society

Votes: 39 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is one of those things I think should be left up to the parents to talk to their kids about. The fact that you put "indoctrination" into it should raise concerns about any form of agenda.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tammy Bruce says that gay groups are in fact trying to indoctrinate our kids into their lifestyle, especially the transgendered gays and other mentally ill freaks. (Yes, I just called transgendered people "mentally ill freaks" because that's what they are).

Tammy Bruce is a lesbian and has worked with these groups in the past, before she woke up and saw the writing on the wall. So I assume she knows what she's talking about. Her books are very good, not like Ann Coulter or anything like that, but filled with facts, common sense and thought-provoking commentary. I highly recommend everyone read what she has to say about GLAAD and other gay groups, and their agenda for our children.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wise and responsible parents need to get a hold of their kids before our systems do. With this progressive movement going on there's no telling what your kids are going to come home with imbedded in their sculls-o-mush.

ImnoMensa

I dont think that teachers ,unless they are gay, should be teaching something they know little about.

If they are gay they shouldnt be teaching.

It isnt necessary to teach kids about homosexuality in school.

I dont believe it will turn kids gay, however it may lead them to experiment, Do we really want kids experimenting with bi-sexuality?

bcp

In My Opinion
Since I have heard from the liberals on another forum that teaching about God in school is nothing less than indoctronation, using their own logic, I fail to see how this can be considered anything less.

so, yes, it must be an indoctronation of the homosexual lifestyle, and there must be the realization that just like religion, some children will turn to the gay arts.

kmw1123

I'mno Mensa said:
I dont think that teachers ,unless they are gay, should be teaching something they know little about.

If they are gay they shouldnt be teaching.

Why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed to teach?

Hessian

3 Episodes of...

Amazing Race, 2 episodes of Design on a dime, 2 episodes ABC's home make-over (or some crap like that) and throw in a few seconds of a Gay Pride parade and...

My daughter is pretty sure that gays are not normal...Generally-Be polite...just avoid them. (And she knows that conservatives are facing more descrimination than gays are).

And no...public school is not an option for her. The indoctrination is stretching down into Middle school.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
FIRST OF ALL!

1) Its ok to be gay when haze grey and underway.

2) Half of all gay men are born that way. The other half get sucked into it!

3) I guess we should indoctrinate our children that interacial relationships are to be considered the norm also. No wait my Ex is already doing that

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...will being told 'Gay is OK' make your son or daughter gay?
Being told that gay is okay and to be tolerant of others' life choices is one thing.

To be indoctrinated is a totally different ball game. (Perhaps a wrong choice of words?)

If your children are firmly planted, or at least know who they are on the inside, exposure to others won't sway their disposition. Education and information tends to make us stronger and more compassionate.

On the other hand, lost souls have the proclivity towards blending, experimenting, staying lost. Rejection from parents lead kids to anything that makes them feel wanted and better, even if only temporarily.

Homosexuality is what it is. It's not going to go away. If your child is homosexual, then let them know they are accepted for who they are, not their sexual inclination; that is most important. That is, if you love your children for who they are.

PsyOps

Pixelated
K_Jo said:
Of course not. It won't harm them and will rightly make them accept gays in society

Oh, so we are forcing our kids to accept things? Yup, that defines indoctrination alright. I don't think you have thought about how dangerous that statement really is.

I don't want the schools "making" (FORCING) MY kid to accept anything except reading, writing, math, science, etc... The rest should be left up to the parents "making" their own kids accept (OR NOT ACCEPT) such things.

kmw1123

PsyOps said:
Oh, so we are forcing our kids to accept things? Yup, that defines indoctrination alright. I don't think you have thought about how dangerous that statement really is.

I don't want the schools "making" (FORCING) MY kid to accept anything except reading, writing, math, science, etc... The rest should be left up to the parents "making" their own kids accept (OR NOT ACCEPT) such things.

Ok, so I guess that means that we can't teach anything that is considered multicultural either since there are racist parents who don't want their kids to learn about other cultures. And I guess that means that we can't have any DARE programs or teach how to say no to drugs since there are parents who think that using drugs are ok. Same thing with drinking and smoking. There are two things that I hope for your children. One, I hope that once they leave school and enter the real world, they won't get a job where they will be forced to work with a gay coworker for fear that their gayness will rub off on them. I also hope that your child never comes to you and says that they are gay, despite all of your teachings that it is wrong and disgusting, because I wouldn't want to see you disown your own child.

And to whoever gave me red karma about a simple question of gay teacher...First of all, it was a simple question...Second of all, when is the last time you heard of a gay teacher molesting a same sex student in southern Maryland??? When is the last time you heard of a male or female teacher molesting a student of the opposite sex??? hmmm, check the news from a couple of weeks ago.

PsyOps

Pixelated
kmw1123 said:
Ok, so I guess that means that we can't teach anything that is considered multicultural either since there are racist parents who don't want their kids to learn about other cultures. And I guess that means that we can't have any DARE programs or teach how to say no to drugs since there are parents who think that using drugs are ok. Same thing with drinking and smoking. There are two things that I hope for your children. One, I hope that once they leave school and enter the real world, they won't get a job where they will be forced to work with a gay coworker for fear that their gayness will rub off on them. I also hope that your child never comes to you and says that they are gay, despite all of your teachings that it is wrong and disgusting, because I wouldn't want to see you disown your own child.

And to whoever gave me red karma about a simple question of gay teacher...First of all, it was a simple question...Second of all, when is the last time you heard of a gay teacher molesting a same sex student in southern Maryland??? When is the last time you heard of a male or female teacher molesting a student of the opposite sex??? hmmm, check the news from a couple of weeks ago.

K_Jo stated that the schools should MAKE kids accept this. However, it’s not acceptable, to MAKE, errr teach… our kids about religion, but somehow we see it okay to MAKE, errr teach… our kids to accept something that may be contrary to their beliefs like homosexuality. Drugs, smoking and drinking underage are all illegal. Bad analogy. I’m not concerned about “gayness” rubbing off on my kids; I’m concerned about FORCING my kid to accept something they chose not to accept. They must accept that 1+1=2. They must accept the principles of a sentence. They must accept that the earth is a round globe. These are facts. But they don’t have to accept homosexuality anymore than they have to accept a religion. I don’t want, nor do I trust a teacher, who just very well might have an agenda, to MAKE my kid accept something as personal as sexual choice. I want my child to understand there are these various types of people in the world, but I want this to come from me, and I will teach them that they treat everyone with respect. But they DO NOT have to accept these things as a normal lifestyle if they chose not to. If my child comes to me and says he/she is gay I will love him/her no less. That’s not what this is about to me. You are completely missing the point. There are appropriate places to teach these things to kids, and I happen to think schools are the wrong place. This is just another example of throwing the responsibility on the schools rather than the parents.

You’d do yourself a favor and stop reading into what I post. I never wrote that being gay is wrong or disgusting. Get the emotion out of this and you might be able to focus more on what I posted.

kmw1123

I don't think that the point is to make your kids accept homosexuality as a normal lifestyle, but to help students, no matter what their beliefs, understand that there are people out there who do things differently and how to deal with that in the real world. Since laws have changed recently in the constitution dealing with homosexuality, discrimination, hate crimes, and things of that nature will not be tolerated and this is just the state's way of helping kids deal with that so they don't get in trouble later on. The same thing goes with racial discrimination, gender discrimination, and anything else that people can be accused of. School has always been a place that teaches tolerance of many different things, but now all of a sudden, we are just supposed to stick to 1+1=2.

SamSpade

kmw1123 said:
School has always been a place that teaches tolerance of many different things, but now all of a sudden, we are just supposed to stick to 1+1=2.

But I don't think "school" is the place to teach that at all. Ethics, right and wrong - it's MY job to teach my kid not to hit, to be polite, to show respect to the teacher and so on. It is not the school's job. Their job is to teach math and English and history and art and music and science. Not values. Not culture. Not ethics. I don't care if they think they need to do it if parents aren't doing it. It's not their job. It's not "all of a sudden". It's always supposed to be that.

If you don't think so - try to imagine how much you'd like it if someone with an opposite political alignment from yours made it THEIR responsibility to teach YOUR child about right and wrong, about what's appropriate, about culture and ethics. You'd be steamed, and you'd be right.

PsyOps

Pixelated
kmw1123 said:
I don't think that the point is to make your kids accept homosexuality as a normal lifestyle, but to help students, no matter what their beliefs, understand that there are people out there who do things differently and how to deal with that in the real world. Since laws have changed recently in the constitution dealing with homosexuality, discrimination, hate crimes, and things of that nature will not be tolerated and this is just the state's way of helping kids deal with that so they don't get in trouble later on. The same thing goes with racial discrimination, gender discrimination, and anything else that people can be accused of. School has always been a place that teaches tolerance of many different things, but now all of a sudden, we are just supposed to stick to 1+1=2.

Look KMW… I was responding to K-Jo’s assertion that kids must be MADE (or forced) to accept certain lifestyles. That is not the job of our educators. You took that and went off on me assuming I am intolerant and wrongfully made assumptions that being gay is wrong or disgusting. I’m simply saying that you cannot MAKE anyone accept such things. If you are going to “help” students understand certain types of people out there then let’s include everyone, every group. How about Christians or Hindus? How about transvestites or change-dressers? How about swingers and people that are asexual? Where does it end with the responsibilities laid on our teachers? It seems to me they are having a hard enough time just getting the basic subjects across to students. Teaching tolerance and exposing kids to these things belongs in the home. I don’t know how old you are but when I was in school I don’t remember the first thing about being taught tolerance. In fact I was in the 4th grade when bussing started and there wasn’t a single subject opened for teachers to teach us how to deal with this new concept of integration. We just dealt with it and either discussed it with our parents or dealt with it head on with each other. Now, almost 40 years later, we need classes to help us deal with these things. Teachers are becoming so focused on these social issues that they have no time to teach the basic subjects. And it reflects in our standings in education internationally.

PsyOps

Pixelated
SamSpade said:
If you don't think so - try to imagine how much you'd like it if someone with an opposite political alignment from yours made it THEIR responsibility to teach YOUR child about right and wrong, about what's appropriate, about culture and ethics. You'd be steamed, and you'd be right.

And this is exactly why I don't trust a teacher (a person I don't honestly know) to teach my kids about such things.

SamSpade

PsyOps said:
And this is exactly why I don't trust a teacher (a person I don't honestly know) to teach my kids about such things.

Well I use that one often - if you detest the right wing, imagine how you'd feel if your child's teacher was imposing their political views on your kid. Or if they were a religious fundie and they were teaching their religious views in the classroom. If you can imagine how you'd feel, then maybe you can grasp where these folks are coming from - and why they think the best solution is for school to NOT do these things at all.

kmw1123

SamSpade said:
But I don't think "school" is the place to teach that at all. Ethics, right and wrong - it's MY job to teach my kid not to hit, to be polite, to show respect to the teacher and so on. It is not the school's job. Their job is to teach math and English and history and art and music and science. Not values. Not culture. Not ethics. I don't care if they think they need to do it if parents aren't doing it. It's not their job. It's not "all of a sudden". It's always supposed to be that.

Hmmm, in a way I agree with you. I wonder if I could get a refund for all the classes I had to take on multiculturalism in education since it's not my job to deal with it. I'm not trying to go off on anybody or ask anyone to change their views, but there are parents out there who do not mind their children learning tolerance for such things as homosexuality. As far as I can tell, that portion of the class is optional and will remain that way, so therefore no one is forcing their views on your children. If they change that and make it a requirement for all students, then feel free to storm the board of ed with torches and pitchforks. I would actually be a part of the angry mob because it would be 10 times harder to do my job if I had to deal with angry parents all day long.