Gay TV

Gwydion

I don't see any issue with a gay (GLBT) channel. If it works and is able to sustain itself, then who cares? Maybe its just me, but I'd rather families get exposed to other lifestyles more than gangbangers and the other crap that is on tv.

bcp

In My Opinion
I don't see any issue with a gay (GLBT) channel. If it works and is able to sustain itself, then who cares? Maybe its just me, but I'd rather families get exposed to other lifestyles more than gangbangers and the other crap that is on tv.
or, I'd rather families have parents that dont allow the gangbangers on the tv, and dont allow the shows that try to glorify the homosexual on the tv in the home either.

I have yet to see any tv that has only one station on it.

Gwydion

or, I'd rather families have parents that dont allow the gangbangers on the tv, and dont allow the shows that try to glorify the homosexual on the tv in the home either.

I have yet to see any tv that has only one station on it.

Do you feel that shows on the channel would "glorify" homesexuality?

bcp

In My Opinion
Do you feel that shows on the channel would "glorify" homesexuality?
glorify, or make acceptable, yes.

however, you are certainly welcome to view the gay channel with your children all day long. none of my business.
on the other hand, I am perfectly free to block those channels from my set so they dont accidently get turned on in my home. None of anyone elses business.

Gwydion

however, you are certainly welcome to view the gay channel with your children all day long. none of my business.
on the other hand, I am perfectly free to block those channels from my set so they dont accidently get turned on in my home. None of anyone elses business.
:buddies:

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

I'd prefer it not be one of my channels. To think some of my Comcast bill pays for this garbage makes me ill. It's bad enough that my kids get exposed to the gay crap on HGTV. That's enough to make us all wanna puke.

bcp

In My Opinion
I will say this.
that night I flipped the channels and found the freaks in dresses on the runway, I was forced to call the daughter in to the living room to view this and laugh along with me.

so funny the way they tried to copy the American Idol or Dance with the stars type format, and the way those judges actually acted like they were saying intellegent things.

matter of fact, I might watch that again sometime when I need a laugh..

that crap isnt for real is it? I mean, it is supposed to be funny right?

bcp

In My Opinion
I'd prefer it not be one of my channels. To think some of my Comcast bill pays for this garbage makes me ill. It's bad enough that my kids get exposed to the gay crap on HGTV. That's enough to make us all wanna puke.
I hadnt thought of it that way. I agree with you.

I think Ill call verizon tomorrow and voice my opinion on my dollar paying for the filth.

Gwydion

I hadnt thought of it that way. I agree with you.

I think Ill call verizon tomorrow and voice my opinion on my dollar paying for the filth.

Have a long look at the other tv channels they are providing. Make a list of all of them and see if you can get a few bucks knocked off. There is a rather large list that some families may disapprove of.

bcp

In My Opinion
Have a long look at the other tv channels they are providing. Make a list of all of them and see if you can get a few bucks knocked off. There is a rather large list that some families may disapprove of.
that would be up to those other families to try to avoid supporting the channels they dont agree with, dont you think?

I just dont want to pay for the gay ones. Just like I dont pay for the other filth ones like playboy and such.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I think it's free free country and if you don't like it don't watch it. I wouldn't let children watch OLN because I wouldn't want them to see a deer get waxed on TV, but I don't expect them to not have the channel because I don't like it.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I just dont want to pay for the gay ones. Just like I dont pay for the other filth ones like playboy and such.

exactly. they should make the gay channels pay per view so us strait people don't have to pay for some sick channel that we don't agree with.

Black-Francis

that would be up to those other families to try to avoid supporting the channels they dont agree with, dont you think?

Playboy channel is not filth.....As a heterosexual man, I resent that..