Gaza pullout

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
But you know I've never called for their extermination, unlike your statements towards all Arabs.
:huggy: I understand. Make it about me rather than your own flip-flopping position. If I were in your shoes, I might do the same thing. :smile:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
tomchamp said:
This is better than Fox..I'm gonna hang out for a while! :popcorn:
Damn, you think her and I could get a gig on their network. Vrai, send them some of our battles and see if they would be interested. This could be big bucks. :killingme

tomchamp

Ken King said:
Damn, you think her and I could get a gig on their network. Vrai, send them some of our battles and see if they would be interested. This could be big bucks. :killingme
I'm on the phone now..talking to Hannity..see what I can do :lol:

Ken King

PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:huggy: I understand. Make it about me rather than your own flip-flopping position. If I were in your shoes, I might do the same thing. :smile:
Yeah, it's so much better to maintain the status-quo even when you are wrong. So Clintonesque.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
Yeah, it's so much better to maintain the status-quo even when you are wrong. So Clintonesque.
Well, I wasn't going to call you Clinton-esque. Al Gore-esque, maybe. John Kerry-esque, definitely. But Clinton? Nah - that would be hitting below the belt. Like in......Greco-Roman wrestling, perhaps? :jet:

:lmao:

Nupe2

vraiblonde said:
Well, I wasn't going to call you Clinton-esque. Al Gore-esque, maybe. John Kerry-esque, definitely. But Clinton? Nah - that would be hitting below the belt. Like in......Greco-Roman wrestling, perhaps? :jet:

You said Clinton ... and below the belt! :lmao:

Ken King

PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

:killingme Oh, those were the days.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Perhaps I need to clarify...

vraiblonde said:
Yeah, yeah...then 20, then 30, then 40. :rolleyes: The Palestinians are like the Moveon.org crowd - they will NEVER be satisfied until their enemies are all dead. Doesn't matter that they make their own problems, they will insist that they are victims of some plot.

:rolleyes:

...it's ALL on the Palestinians now.

They have shown no reason to have any confidence in what they will now do in terms of peace and an optimistic future and that is based on their leadership of the last 30 years, not opinion. I wish them all the best but we will simply have to see.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...it's ALL on the Palestinians now.

They have shown no reason to have any confidence in what they will now do in terms of peace and an optimistic future and that is based on their leadership of the last 30 years, not opinion. I wish them all the best but we will simply have to see.
Agreed, the olive branch has been offered. Will the retort be from the AK-47?

Triggerfish

bennydafig said:
I've read the reports on the Liberty, and it was where it wasn't supposed to be, nor was it where the Capt reported it being. Israel acted as we would, an unkown ship in hostile waters, an unknown WARship in hostile waters.. You SINK it.. and if you can't sink it, you engage it and stip it form it's intended mission.

THis incident happened during a full out war. Accidents happen.

But I know. You read about it on the ineternet so it MUST be true!!

Did you know the Israelis flew over the ship multiple times before they attacked it?

Triggerfish

Nupe2 said:
I've always questioned why neighboring states (Jordan, Syria, etc.) didn't carve out territory and make that Palestine

Until the the state of Israel was created Israel and Jordan were part of the British Mandate of Palestine and there were very few Jews in the area until the Jews emmigrated there and ended up making themselves the majority in less than a generation. The Jordanians probably think that they have already givedn up plenty of land to the Jews. Also the Palestinians want their land not neighboring lands.

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
Although it wouldn't surprise me, since that whole organization does nothing but promote and appease terrorism.

I strongly disagree....although a lot of people in this country think of UN as just monitoring and in some cases interferring with nations' foreign policies it also is involved in helping starving children (UNICEF) and protecting natural and cultural sites (UNESCO).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Triggerfish said:
I strongly disagree....although a lot of people in this country think of UN as just monitoring and in some cases interferring with nations' foreign policies it also is involved in helping starving children (UNICEF) and protecting natural and cultural sites (UNESCO).
UNICEF Scandal

Also, Reagan pulled us out of UNESCO in the 80s because of administrative corruption and financial mismanagement, coupled with their anti-American political stance.
http://www.heritage.org/Research/InternationalOrganizations/BG1405.cfm

The UN sucks.

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
Also, Reagan pulled us out of UNESCO in the 80s because of administrative corruption and financial mismanagement, coupled with their anti-American political stance.

HHHmmmm...I wonder why the Great Smoky Mountains NP and about a dozen other places in this country are on the UNESCO World Heritage site list. It's actually stated on the Great Smoky Mtn NP welcome signs.

Also almost every aid organization has more than its share of corruption and financial mismanagement. People sell Red Cross aid packages instead of handing them out on a regular basis.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Triggerfish said:
People sell Red Cross aid packages instead of handing them out on a regular basis.
The Red Cross sucks, too. At least on a global level - the local RCs that aid people in the immediate area are good organizations and worthy of support. You know the head of the SoMD Red Cross isn't living in a palace with a 7-figure salary.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Triggerfish said:
HHHmmmm...I wonder why the Great Smoky Mountains NP and about a dozen other places in this country are on the UNESCO World Heritage site list. It's actually stated on the Great Smoky Mtn NP welcome signs.
For the same reason businesses display their BBB sticker: because their customers don't know any better and think it's a sign of a reputable business, rather than a sign that the owner coughed up the money for membership.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And, frankly, those UNESCO bastards had BETTER support something in the US, considering we contribute ONE-FOURTH of their budget.

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
The Red Cross sucks, too. At least on a global level - the local RCs that aid people in the immediate area are good organizations and worthy of support. You know the head of the SoMD Red Cross isn't living in a palace with a 7-figure salary.

Well, the Red Cross was just an example. In general any large international aid organization has people stealing funds. However if you want to send aid to flood or earthquake victims whether they are domestic or international you will probably end up giving to one of these big organizations since they are the only ones that can really organize and coordinate aid. Yeah, you can send blankets and stuff directly if you know someone there but in most cases hard cash is more helpful (unfortunately easier to steal) since they can buy what the area really needs and it can stimulate the local economy. Sending items can in some cases do more harm than good since they have to spend a lot more manpower separating the items and distributing them. Plus they take up space on planes and trucks to the area whose infrastructure may be limited.