Gaza pullout

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
And, frankly, those UNESCO bastards had BETTER support something in the US, considering we contribute ONE-FOURTH of their budget.

Could be worse....Japan pays almost another 1/4 of their budget ( Japan has a little less than 1/2 of the U.S. population so they are paying over double per capita) and doesn't even have a veto power like the U.S. The other nations that have the veto pays a lot less than U.S./Japan.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It will be interesting to see how much of the budget Japan is providing now that the US is back in the game. Wish they'd release more up-to-date breakdowns.

Triggerfish

I think Japan is paying about 20% which is really 1/5. I can understand that U.S. and Japan paying the highest % of their budget since they are the 2 richest nations but how did they get stuck with about half of the total? If I was a Japanese tax payer I'd be screaming for a permanent seat on the Security council with the veto power. I think the U.S. and Britain are in support of a Japanese permanent seat since in a vote Japan will side with the U.S./U.K. block.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If that's the case, the Japanese are getting screwed for sure. UNESCO makes member nations contribute according to their nation's GDP, so the US is going to be a large contributor. And I think part of the deal was that the US got to sit on the council that oversees the money, or something like that. But it's all goodwill crap anyway - this is one of the things that pisses me off about Bush, he's always giving away money to try and suck up to other countries and get them to like us. :rolleyes:

PJay

Surprised...

http://newjersey.indymedia.org/en/2005/08/9046.shtml

no.

Again Sharon is just giving the palis enough rope.....

When they use Gaza as a staging area for the further eradication of all Jewry, the deal will be revoked.

It's also a good idea to get your own people out of the way, when planning a heavy carpet bombing.

The "Land for Peace" thing has been tried, and fails every time, because land is not enough. Nothing less than the destruction of all jews will satisfy the Hamas/IJ/PLO types.

But keep your hopes up. The next president will package Israel and hand it over to the Islamic Radicals on a silver platter..... right after NYC gets nuked.

At least, that's the operating theory, right?