George THE KING this weekend!!!!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
The rest are uploading now, but I "put-a-rush" on your fall pictures...

205868635-M.jpg

Look at the smile, it's like you've been taking lessons from JDevine

http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205869571-M.jpg

http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205870437-M.jpg

http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205873450-M.jpg

Stupid forum won't allow image tags. :(

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
The rest are uploading now, but I "put-a-rush" on your fall pictures...

205868635-M.jpg

Look at the smile, it's like you've been taking lessons from JDevine

http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205869571-M.jpg

http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205870437-M.jpg

http://phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205873450-M.jpg

Stupid forum won't allow image tags. :(

I laughed so hard when I saw these photos it brought tears to my eyes. The first picture I was just demonstrating what NOT to do as your horse weaves through the jump line.:lmao::diva:

Last edited:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I laughed so hard when I saw these photos it brought tears to my eyes. The first picture I was just demonstrating what NOT to do as your horse weaves through the jump line.:lmao::diva:

Ouch, it looked like your right leg was back behind you when you landed. Glad your OK.

Did Kenny give you a leg up?:lmao:

Phyxius, great shots.:yay:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I can't remember who gave me a leg up. The fall didn't hurt at all. My left arm is a little sore probably from trying to hang on! I am sure Frmgrl knows....she has the video.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

The video is more exciting, I did manage to post a nice shot of her coming off. I cant remember who gave a leg up.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I don't get it, you go to a GM clinic so you can take 18" jumps?:doh:

Welcome back WD....I knew you couldn't stay away! When and where was the last clinic you had to further educate yourself? I love making mistakes....it helps me learn. I would much rather make a mistake over something small then over 3'6. My horse is far too green to be doing any clinic over 3 ft. I went in the lowest section he offered which was under 3ft. We still know you are a "nobody" with no proof of anything you have done. Your comments are only humorous to me.:blahblah:

Dreamer

I am not Winn Dixie
Welcome back WD....I knew you couldn't stay away! When and where was the last clinic you had to further educate yourself? I love making mistakes....it helps me learn. I would much rather make a mistake over something small then over 3'6. My horse is far too green to be doing any clinic over 3 ft. I went in the lowest section he offered which was under 3ft. We still know you are a "nobody" with no proof of anything you have done. Your comments are only humorous to me.:blahblah:

What's with you, if anyone says anything about something you do they automatically become WD. . .:smack: Justify all you like, those who do. . .DO. . .it's as simple as that. . . how long is that horse going to stay green?????? Aren't you going into your third show season with this "green" horse? Will she ever change colors?:lalala::coffee:Man, how humiliating to fall off at such a small jump because of what appears to have been a simple refusal since she was standing as you were falling. . . are you sure it's the horse that's green?:whistle:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
What's with you, if anyone says anything about something you do they automatically become WD. . .:smack: Justify all you like, those who do. . .DO. . .it's as simple as that. . . how long is that horse going to stay green?????? Aren't you going into your third show season with this "green" horse? Will she ever change colors?:lalala::coffee:Man, how humiliating to fall off at such a small jump because of what appears to have been a simple refusal since she was standing as you were falling. . . are you sure it's the horse that's green?:whistle:

Proof is in the pudding....put up or shut up. Show a picture of yourself jumping at least a 3 ft fence. You have never shown to anyone that you have a clue of how to ride.:blahblah: If you know ANYTHING about Green it is your horse's first two years of jumping. I didn't jump Sadie at a show at all this year. We went back to doing lots of flat work. Obviously you don't know me or you would know that.

Attachments

• Sadie and Jana jumping wall oxer.JPG
    Sadie and Jana jumping wall oxer.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Jana and Higgins 3'6.jpg
    Jana and Higgins 3'6.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

covekat

Obviously Dreamer has never jumped a horse, or had a refusal like that one! On the same note, horses are individuals, some stay "greener" than others. I think her horse is very nice.

Great pics and job well done, I'm sure you got alot out of that clinic!

BZHorseMomE

I don't get it, you go to a GM clinic so you can take 18" jumps?:doh:

I was lucky enough to audit on Saturday & the Kromes place is just beautiful. This jump excercise was part of a quad line. If your horse has never had the opportunity to jump a quad or your ring is to small to set one up then sometimes your horse can get confused & back off the jumps. So GM was setting it low the first few time through to build horse & rider confidence.

The wall looks to be 18" & the back cross rails look to be 1'9". It's not always about how high you jump, but about your riding technique. Many of the top clinicians do various gymnastics & pole excercises at these clinics. They teaching the riders it's not always about how high you can jump, but more about having a responsive horse. A horse that doesn't barrel down to a jump & pull it's leg underneath it's body, but one that uses itself & jumps in good form. If you can rate your horse in & out of the corners, adjust the stride (meaning leaving out, riding the stride, or adding) over the small fences then the same should be true when the fences are raised. What looks simple is not always the case. Smaller fences doesn't always mean easier excercise. Jumping high fences in bad form without a function isn't helping the horse or the rider in the long run.

Sparks

I was lucky enough to audit on Saturday & the Kromes place is just beautiful. This jump excercise was part of a quad line. If your horse has never had the opportunity to jump a quad or your ring is to small to set one up then sometimes your horse can get confused & back off the jumps. So GM was setting it low the first few time through to build horse & rider confidence.

The wall looks to be 18" & the back cross rails look to be 1'9". It's not always about how high you jump, but about your riding technique. Many of the top clinicians do various gymnastics & pole excercises at these clinics. They teaching the riders it's not always about how high you can jump, but more about having a responsive horse. A horse that doesn't barrel down to a jump & pull it's leg underneath it's body, but one that uses itself & jumps in good form. If you can rate your horse in & out of the corners, adjust the stride (meaning leaving out, riding the stride, or adding) over the small fences then the same should be true when the fences are raised. What looks simple is not always the case. Smaller fences doesn't always mean easier excercise. Jumping high fences in bad form without a function isn't helping the horse or the rider in the long run.

Well said BZ. I wish I would've gone to audit. Every year I think about going but don't :bawl: I have a tape of a clinic he did several years ago. It's pretty cool.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I've always been a firm believer that snarky comments are made by jealous people. No doubt that is the case here.

Also, since you weren't there I'll let ya know that George almost fell off a horse when he was schooling it through that quad, at the same jump.

Sadie (the horse) is 5. Jumping much higher with a horse that young is not a wise course of action if you hope to have a sound horse in it's later years. Many people think pushing a young horse over fences at a young age is a good idea. I think it's stupid. George apparently thinks it's stupid too. He felt that Sadie was at a good spot in her training.

http://www.phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205976375-L.jpg
http://www.phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205974586-L.jpg

Also, if you know anything about grids you generally build them up. So this is the same grid, but the last jump. You'll notice that the stone wall with the blue and white rails has been raised too. This exercise was on using an open rein over fences, demonstrated clearly in this picture.
http://www.phyxius.smugmug.com/photos/205992024-L.jpg

BZHorseMomE

Phyxius great pics, but I've come to expect only the best from you.:lmao:

Sadie's horse sure looks great over those fences. Sure looks like you had a great time at the clinic.

Don't you have some clinics coming up at Holly Point soon? I would love to know the details.