Giant Rubber Duckie coming

StmarysCity79

I especially loved one year when the Lawrence Ave neighborhood was crazy. The cops were turning people away. When I told him I lived back there, he just snorted and said yeah sure. My drivers license almost wasn't enough to get me through. Good thing I got home when I did. It was just in time to tell the people who had just parked blocking my driveway to move. They wanted me to just wait until the parade was over. Hmm, NOPE!! Move it. SOF Market was a PITA when it opened - until town gave them parking. Still don't shop there.

You sound like a miserable person. Your town is three blocks long. My god. Imagine if you lived in NYC. Calm down

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
When was the last time you let strangers park in and block your driveway?

Someone copy and comment on this post so that the brain-dead one sees it.
I would but I'm pretty sure the coward has me hidden too! :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
1686677660214.png

PeoplesElbow

Good idea. I hate to sound like such a kill joy and the events can be fun. But it can really cause problems for the people that live right here in the town area. Hopefully one of the main streets will be shut off except for residents.
Eh this is nothing, try living in a town of 35k when football game that brings in 60k people. I made a nice $50 each GameDay letting a couple cars park in my driveway.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Eh this is nothing, try living in a town of 35k when football game that brings in 60k people. I made a nice $50 each GameDay letting a couple cars park in my driveway.
I was always impressed how efficiently the parking situation is handled in Chicago at White Sox games. You simply roll up to your favorite pre-game watering hole along any side of the stadium..stop your car right there in the middle of the street like you own the place..hand your keys to the first black person that approaches you, and go on in to your establishment and hoist a few cold ones before the game. Come back out at the same place after the game, describe your vehicle to the first black person you see, and it magically appears in maybe 15 minutes tops. Pay the man..and off you go. An amazing neighborhood parking business they've had going on for many years. I do have to admit I was nervous the first time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Superbowl 19 in 1985 was held at Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA. I lived in the next town over in Los Altos. It was bloody hard to find parking at the shopping centers due to all the RVs parking in them. Huge clusterphuck!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Do they still or won't they run a shuttle from leonard hall/courthouse or college down to waterfront?
I would say yes.

PeoplesElbow

I just thought of something, I should take advantage of the handicapped parking permit and the passenger in a wheelchair for this.

mitzi

I especially loved one year when the Lawrence Ave neighborhood was crazy. The cops were turning people away. When I told him I lived back there, he just snorted and said yeah sure. My drivers license almost wasn't enough to get me through. Good thing I got home when I did. It was just in time to tell the people who had just parked blocking my driveway to move. They wanted me to just wait until the parade was over. Hmm, NOPE!! Move it. SOF Market was a PITA when it opened - until town gave them parking. Still don't shop there.

We've been blocked in before. My neighbor who worked 12 hour shifts didn't get home until after everything was blocked. The only place she could find to park was by Mattingley's and she had groceries.