Giant Rubber Duckie coming

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
0803231317b~2.jpg

PeoplesElbow

Me! My neighbor and I went about noon. So fun! We then had lunch at Sweetbay and did a walkabout afterwards. It was crowded today, so I can only imagine the Saturday and Sunday will be mobbed.
Do you think I will have trouble taking someone that uses a walker and can't walk far? I know there is a handicapped shuttle we can ride there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Do you think I will have trouble taking someone that uses a walker and can't walk far? I know there is a handicapped shuttle we can ride there.
There were a few I saw using walkers and wheelchairs. Also, people shuttling others using gators. You should be fine.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
So, the duck is not in the water? It's on dry land?

I'm not going to L'town to fond out...I'm just curious. I saw it in Norfolk several years ago when it was in the water.

ginwoman

I was always impressed how efficiently the parking situation is handled in Chicago at White Sox games. You simply roll up to your favorite pre-game watering hole along any side of the stadium..stop your car right there in the middle of the street like you own the place..hand your keys to the first black person that approaches you, and go on in to your establishment and hoist a few cold ones before the game. Come back out at the same place after the game, describe your vehicle to the first black person you see, and it magically appears in maybe 15 minutes tops. Pay the man..and off you go. An amazing neighborhood parking business they've had going on for many years. I do have to admit I was nervous the first time.
for real? Wonder if that still going on in these times of insanity.

mitzi

I especially loved one year when the Lawrence Ave neighborhood was crazy. The cops were turning people away. When I told him I lived back there, he just snorted and said yeah sure. My drivers license almost wasn't enough to get me through. Good thing I got home when I did. It was just in time to tell the people who had just parked blocking my driveway to move. They wanted me to just wait until the parade was over. Hmm, NOPE!! Move it. SOF Market was a PITA when it opened - until town gave them parking. Still don't shop there.

Seems like it's all okay today.

mitzi

that's what people were expecting but it ain't what they got

My kids (grown) were disappointed it wasn't in the water. It wasn't publicly announced until Thursday or Friday that it wouldn't be on the water. There was a video with the safety reasons. Kids told me a lot of the novelty items (toy rubber ducks, children's t-shirts, etc.) were sold out. This was yesterday.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not sure if you're asking me. I didn't go, I live on a main street and we weren't blocked in our homes like in the past. Seems like people took advantage of the shuttles and trolley.
Glad you didn't get blocked in. I was able to find parking over by the slice house. But that was noon on Friday.