Giant Rubber Duckie coming

PeoplesElbow

Went to see the Duckie today. Got to park in handicap parking and ride in the golf carts down to the duck. Expected a little more down at the duck but it was a fun little trip, was a little warm but humidity wasn't too bad.

luvmygdaughters

It was crowded on Saturday and Sunday. What kills me is the pedestrian traffic, they all just wander through the streets, pay no attention to the crosswalks or the traffic. At least walk on the sidewalks. It took 10 minutes to get to the light at 245 and 5 from my house, which is usually a two minute drive. Lawrence street had a lot of vehicles parked on it, but for the most part didnt appear to be blocking any driveways. I am really surprised they didnt just block off Leonardtown Square, they do it for the beach party.

sparkyaclown

What got me was the joke they called a shuttle service. I ended up walking from the parking lot at Duke both to and from because the waits were extreme and it wasn't due to shuttle capacity. I saw the shuttle pass only once during each walk to and from the wharf, which is about 2.5 miles. I made it all the way to the light at Rt. 5 before I saw the first shuttle heading to pick up from Duke. On the way back, I was walking down Leonard's Grant beside Smeco before the I saw the shuttle. It was in no way worth the walk to see the duck, they didn't even put it in the water like they had in other locations.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
It was cool, but once I got up to it I was like OK....time to hike back up the hill to the car. Wonder why was it advertised to shut down at 6PM each day? Still plenty of light out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It was cool, but once I got up to it I was like OK....time to hike back up the hill to the car. Wonder why was it advertised to shut down at 6PM each day? Still plenty of light out.
Because they deflated it every evening.