Giants @ Redskins

This is the worst tackling I've seen from a Redskins team in a while. We knew that Jacobs was one the toughest guys in the league to bring down, but they haven't been able to tackle anybody.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The Burress factor not a factor. No protection for Campbell. Campbell gets more yards rushing than any of their running backs. Portis averaged 2 yards per carry. Quite obvious the Giants are a superior team. Another season down the toilet.

So... what can we expect for the next year. :rolleyes:

The Burress factor not a factor. No protection for Campbell. Campbell gets more yards rushing than any of their running backs. Portis averaged 2 yards per carry. Quite obvious the Giants are a superior team. Another season down the toilet.

Can't protect him forever. Those recievers need to get open.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...well, I think the D played pretty strong and simply got wore out. Look at time of possession and we had a possession to get it to 13-10 at the half.

For next year, the O line was thin and old coming into the season, the D line just isn't in the same class as the Giants and Cowboys and Panthers and Ravens and the other really good D lines. We knew that coming in. And we're still short one or two better, bigger, faster WR's with neither rookie earning any trust and playing time. I think Marcus Washington is done. I don't know if you can count on Fletcher for another solid season, so, there's two more potential holes to fill.

This is why draft picks are so important, lots of them, youth and depth. Worse, I just don't know about Jason. He seems to be going backwards, hesitant, slow to decide, some good, some bad throws. Then, you look around at Ryan in Atl, Flacco in B'more, Cassel in NE, Rogers in GB and Eli and, maybe, Jason just doesn't have it?

PsyOps

Pixelated
...well, I think the D played pretty strong and simply got wore out. Look at time of possession and we had a possession to get it to 13-10 at the half.

For next year, the O line was thin and old coming into the season, the D line just isn't in the same class as the Giants and Cowboys and Panthers and Ravens and the other really good D lines. We knew that coming in. And we're still short one or two better, bigger, faster WR's with neither rookie earning any trust and playing time. I think Marcus Washington is done. I don't know if you can count on Fletcher for another solid season, so, there's two more potential holes to fill.

This is why draft picks are so important, lots of them, youth and depth. Worse, I just don't know about Jason. He seems to be going backwards, hesitant, slow to decide, some good, some bad throws. Then, you look around at Ryan in Atl, Flacco in B'more, Cassel in NE, Rogers in GB and Eli and, maybe, Jason just doesn't have it?

You mean the D line played pretty strong for the Skins. But to say they played pretty strong but simply got wore out is an oxymoron. A strong defense doesn't get worn out. Their strong to the end line the Giant D was.

You go back to some of my posts about Campbell near the beginning of the season and I was saying the same thing it took you 10 -11 games to finally see. He hesitates too long. Too indecisive. I kept saying he stays in there too long and is going to get hurt.

The Redskins had a fair season this year. Maybe better than I expected for a first year coach. Too many injuries. I think Portis is done. Even though he ran like a monster this year he gets injured every year and I think is just getting beat up and worn out. I'm still not seeing that leadship from Campbell that is expected from a QB. There's no fire in him, no anger. And I'm afraid huge players like Cooley are going to realize the grass is greener somewhere else and be gone soon. He's going to realize his talent is being wasted on a team that just can't find itself.

Peter Forsberg

Forgot one. A FG kicker. I have said Jason can't get it done for awhile but nobody wants to hear it. He forced alot of balls today that should have been Int's.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

You mean the D line played pretty strong for the Skins. But to say they played pretty strong but simply got wore out is an oxymoron. A strong defense doesn't get worn out. Their strong to the end line the Giant D was. That is one of the more ridiculous things I've read of late. One of the primary objectives of most offenses is ball control to control the clock and wear down the other guys ESPECIALLY if it's against a better defense.

You go back to some of my posts about Campbell near the beginning of the season and I was saying the same thing it took you 10 -11 games to finally see. the difference being I was willing to give him a chance under Zorn to see how he did whereas you're just so good you could tell right away He hesitates too long. Too indecisive. I kept saying he stays in there too long and is going to get hurt.

The Redskins had a fair season this year. Maybe better than I expected for a first year coach. Too many injuries. I think Portis is done. Even though he ran like a monster this year he gets injured every year and I think is just getting beat up and worn out. I'm still not seeing that leadship from Campbell that is expected from a QB. There's no fire in him, no anger. And I'm afraid huge players like Cooley are going to realize the grass is greener somewhere else and be gone soon. He's going to realize his talent is being wasted on a team that just can't find itself.

:tap:

Rael

Supper's Ready
It won't surprise me if the NFL suspends Burress for the rest of the season. Damn, what a knucklehead. :mad:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

It won't surprise me if the NFL suspends Burress for the rest of the season. Damn, what a knucklehead. :mad:

...I think you can count on him being gone the rest of the season if not legal system then either the league and/or the team.

Pete

Repete
In TN I knew it was bad juu-juu to pack heat in a bar it is against the law. Is it illegal in other states as well?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Gosh.......!

Whatever happened to that uh, "Hail to the.....................song??? You know, the one about "Hail victory"?? "Braves on the warpath, fight for old D.C"?

Face it, they got their azzes handed to them by a superior team, from NY!

The G-MEN!!

Is it really true - that now - the Redskins are a full game behind the Dallas Cowbows, in the NFC East?? Who'da thunk it! :killingme

I see someone has already raised the question, the one that's been circulating around for the last 4 - 5 years now: What can we expect NEXT year? Because THIS one is over!

Maybe they should have handed out more free towels at the entry gates?

Gotta love the Giants! :patriot:

Rael

Supper's Ready
...I think you can count on him being gone the rest of the season if not legal system then either the league and/or the team.

You're probably right, I can't wait to read the rest of this story. I've read a few things already that don't say anything good about Burress in this, but I'm going to wait and see how it pans out. Disappointing, though.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You're probably right, I can't wait to read the rest of this story. I've read a few things already that don't say anything good about Burress in this, but I'm going to wait and see how it pans out. Disappointing, though.

Maybe I rationalised too much this morning, while trying to piece together why you would feel you needed to enter a NY City NightClub with a firearm;

But why would you have the weapon cocked, and the safety off?

We don't know, as of yet, if he had it in a holster, or tucked on his pants, but I for one, would like to know how it discharged. What made him feel the need to have his hand on it? Not enough information out there yet.

angelbaby

Whatever happened to that uh, "Hail to the.....................song??? You know, the one about "Hail victory"?? "Braves on the warpath, fight for old D.C"?

Face it, they got their azzes handed to them by a superior team, from NY!

The G-MEN!!

Is it really true - that now - the Redskins are a full game behind the Dallas Cowbows, in the NFC East?? Who'da thunk it! :killingme

I see someone has already raised the question, the one that's been circulating around for the last 4 - 5 years now: What can we expect NEXT year? Because THIS one is over!

Maybe they should have handed out more free towels at the entry gates?

Gotta love the Giants! :patriot:

No we don't love em...

:razz:

But thanks for rubbing it in...:cds:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
No we don't love em...

:razz:

But thanks for rubbing it in...:cds:

I know what you're getting at, but it made my day! It's not every year that The NY Giants take BOTH games - home and away - from the Redskins!

Banner year! :yahoo: