Giants @ Redskins

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Stop trying to read my mind. You're no good at it. My love for my daughter runs deep. My love for the Redskins runs deep. You just don't seem to understand tough love.

:geek:

...read your mind? Read YOUR mind???

Ha. I wouldn't even try. :buddies:

Go G-Men

...read your mind? Read YOUR mind???

Ha. I wouldn't even try. :buddies:

As an outsider, I will say this...

The problem with the Redskins is not the defense or the offense. The problem is Campbell.... It is not his arm strength or his accuracy it is his cerebral abilities... Quarterbacks in today's NFL have to be able to read a defense and react at the line of scrimmage... This take smarts and I don't believe Campbell has those smarts....
He is a great athlete but is not a good quarterback and will never be great...

Time to find another long term solution!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

As an outsider, I will say this...

The problem with the Redskins is not the defense or the offense. The problem is Campbell.... It is not his arm strength or his accuracy it is his cerebral abilities... Quarterbacks in today's NFL have to be able to read a defense and react at the line of scrimmage... This take smarts and I don't believe Campbell has those smarts....
He is a great athlete but is not a good quarterback and will never be great...

Time to find another long term solution!!!

...this coming from the people who said the EXACT same stuff about Eli oh, about, what, 12 months ago? "He'll never make it...he's stupid...he's a choker..."

:tap:

Go G-Men

...this coming from the people who said the EXACT same stuff about Eli oh, about, what, 12 months ago? "He'll never make it...he's stupid...he's a choker..."

Nope. Never said Eli was stupid or a choker... Actually he has been anything but a choker since he came into the league.

He was however a bit skittish and I think that is what concerned most people...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Nope. Never said Eli was stupid or a choker... Actually he has been anything but a choker since he came into the league.

He was however a bit skittish and I think that is what concerned most people...

Maybe you didn't, but it was the consensus among Giant fans,you can look it up..read any of the archives on sports forums prior to mid november of last year.

BuddyLee

Football addict

There are only a few great quarterbacks in a 32 team league and I don't expect to win the lottery on that one. Campbell has shown what he can do when he has the line. Unfortunately, some only note the games in which he's eating turf. You give Eli, Manning or Brees our current line and it's virtually the same. The Redskins are currently the 4th most sacked team in the league. Can't get it done with any QB like that.

Go G-Men

Maybe you didn't, but it was the consensus among Giant fans,you can look it up..read any of the archives on sports forums prior to mid november of last year.

Giant fans have always been that way. Play a few rough games and they want you gone..... If Giant fans had there way Phil Simms would have never had time to lead us to a Super Bowl Championship.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Giant fans have always been that way. Play a few rough games and they want you gone..... If Giant fans had there way Phil Simms would have never had time to lead us to a Super Bowl Championship.

Can't say I put myself in that category, and yes, NYG fans can be that way for sure. Yeah, I boast a winning season a little. And was disappointed in the many years when they couldn't make anything happen, but much in the same way. Disappointed, not out to clean house.

Otter

Nothing to see here

Exactly what we are saying..lol...fans are fans..

Go G-Men

Exactly what we are saying..lol...fans are fans..

Bottom line is this: If you stick with Campbell you all will be back here next year having the same conversation. Of course I am not by any stretch a NFL scout... But I did stay at...........

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bottom line is this: If you stick with Campbell you all will be back here next year having the same conversation. Of course I am not by any stretch a NFL scout... But I did stay at...........
Ask some Skins fans that follow the team closely and they'll all tell you our biggest worry for a few years has been the D and O line. We'll be having the same convo next year if we don't address that. Campbell doesn't worry me, at all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...if we had a stronger O and D line and if Thomas and Kelly grow up, I disagree.

The question for the Skins is do they do what Jason needs, a little more help or not? Not very many qb's can do most of it themselves, as BL was saying; not very many great ones. Eli isn't great; he got a LOT of help from his team last year and that took him up a HUGE step in confidence.

My question is; are the Redskins going to be the Colts or the Pats or the Saint's or the Cowboys or a Favre type team that MUST have great QB play or will they be like the Steelers and Giants and Bucs and Carolina and be more team oriented?

Go G-Men

...if we had a stronger O and D line and if Thomas and Kelly grow up, I disagree.

The question for the Skins is do they do what Jason needs, a little more help or not? Not very many qb's can do most of it themselves, as BL was saying; not very many great ones. Eli isn't great; he got a LOT of help from his team last year and that took him up a HUGE step in confidence.

My question is; are the Redskins going to be the Colts or the Pats or the Saint's or the Cowboys or a Favre type team that MUST have great QB play or will they be like the Steelers and Giants and Bucs and Carolina and be more team oriented?

They are certainly more aligned with the Giants/Steelers etc... and I agree you have problems on both sides of the line of scrimmage but I believe that ultimately Jason Campbell will not be the answer in the West Coast Offense that Zorn wants to run.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

They are certainly more aligned with the Giants/Steelers etc... and I agree you have problems on both sides of the line of scrimmage but I believe that ultimately Jason Campbell will not be the answer in the West Coast Offense that Zorn wants to run.

...the answer depends on what the question is. If the question is winning Super bowls, then the answer goes right back to the rest of the team; better quarterbacks fail all the time until the other pieces are in place, Elway for one, and decent QB's are part of winning teams, all the time, Eli for one.

Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Eli, Dehlomme, whoever was calling the shots for the Bears a few years ago, McNair, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Joe T, Hostetler, Simms, there are plenty of guys who either won or at least got there who were for sure considered not the guy or maybe not quite the guy and there are the For SURE the guy types, Peyton, Favre, Elway, Young etc. who did not make it without a few more critical pieces being added. Add Marino to the mix.

There are only two guys I can think of who come closest to being one word answers to winning the SB; Montana and Brady.