Giants @ Redskins

Larry Gude

Strung Out

What does that tell you?

When the lines were healthy they succeeded and pushed people around and blocked generally well. However, when you have a new 'over the hill gang' the season starts to wear on you sooner and you get beat up. Samuels isn't playing like he should, banged up. Jansen is half-way done.

Change the lines you change the team.

The Giants are great because of their lines. That's their foundation. Our old foundation is crumbling sack...by...sack.

...and if you and I can sit here and solve the worlds problems...?

T

toppick08

Take the ass whippin'..suck it up......be ready for next game...:shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Dude, just quit with your football acumen. 10 minutes is a lifetime for a defense. If the other team has the ball 35 minutes chances are they're going to win.

The defense played well against the best team in football yesterday. The Giants average 30+ points per game. Our defense, held them to 23. You only ask your offense to score at least 21 in every game. This loss like the others is on the offense. Defense is the least of this teams concerns.

I was there, watched every play. This defense is a top fiver this year. It's too bad our offense has sunk to a bottom fiver.

Who the heck are you to tell me to quit anything? You love the Skins through rose-colored glasses and hate anyone that criticizes them.

I didn’t expect the Skins to win this one by any stretch so don’t try to read too much into my posts on this one. The Giants are superior to nearly every team. But, you’ll never admit the Redskins are just average. I express my frustration with a team (my team) that has remained average for about decade now.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Who else should we go with?:eyebrow:

Zorn had one offseason to coach Campbell. That is hardly enough. It took Hassleback 3 seasons to become a complete west coast QB. I didn't like what I saw with Campbell yesterday and neither did Zorn per his presser. There is work to do and that will take time. The odds are against you with a new coach and system and its showing.

Fans need to have patience but that's hard to come by in this league.

So it's reinvent the wheel? Are you telling me Campbell lost all of his skillsets when Zorn took over? I'm not looking forward to a new coach. I do believe if this is all we get out of Zorn for the next two seasons, Snyder typically will lose his patience and dump him. That's how he operates. And that is where the problem is for this team.

But I like what I see in Zorn. He is a risk-taker. He needs time to build. Most of where I am coming from is a fear that Snyder will lose his patience after about 3 seasons and can him. And we start all over again.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Who the heck are you to tell me to quit anything? You love the Skins through rose-colored glasses and hate anyone that criticizes them.

I didn’t expect the Skins to win this one by any stretch so don’t try to read too much into my posts on this one. The Giants are superior to nearly every team. But, you’ll never admit the Redskins are just average. I express my frustration with a team (my team) that has remained average for about decade now.
Yes, I love the Skins but not through rose-colored glasses. I'll call a duck a duck.

The Redskins are average, which is about where I expected them with a new coach and system.

You don't have to quit posting but you do have to quit posting nonsense. The defense didn't play their best game but they played well enough to win it. Sadly, the offense blows.

Holding the best team in football to 23 is a damn good job. Holding their running game in check after they torched Baltimore is a damn good job.

BuddyLee

Football addict
So it's reinvent the wheel? Are you telling me Campbell lost all of his skillsets when Zorn took over? I'm not looking forward to a new coach. I do believe if this is all we get out of Zorn for the next two seasons, Snyder typically will lose his patience and dump him. That's how he operates. And that is where the problem is for this team.

But I like what I see in Zorn. He is a risk-taker. He needs time to build. Most of where I am coming from is a fear that Snyder will lose his patience after about 3 seasons and can him. And we start all over again.
He had skill-sets and then Zorn came in with other skill-sets, an innumberable amount. Some of which haven't even been implemented yet.

I think Zorn is solid for at least 2 more years. Cerrato not so much.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yes, I love the Skins but not through rose-colored glasses. I'll call a duck a duck.

The Redskins are average, which is about where I expected them with a new coach and system.

You don't have to quit posting but you do have to quit posting nonsense. The defense didn't play their best game but they played well enough to win it. Sadly, the offense blows.

Holding the best team in football to 23 is a damn good job. Holding their running game in check after they torched Baltimore is a damn good job.

I made a point about Campbell about 3 games into the season that Larry called nonsense then and is just now coming around the seeing. So I’ll take your advice about my nonsense with a grain of salt.

The Skins will remain average as long as they have an owner that has no sense of what rebuilding is and has no patience. Try to remember he has the worst record for hiring and firing coaches. With the exception of Gibbs he has given no coach a chance to build. I hopeful that Zorn will be a great coach for the Redskins. I’m not hopeful that Snyder will have the patience to allow him to prove it.

And I think you are giving the Skins too much credit against the Giants. I don't the Skins played a good game against them. I think the Giants had a bad day against the Skins. The Redskins played their typical average ball; the Giants didn't play their typical game.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I made a point about Campbell about 3 games into the season that Larry called nonsense then and is just now coming around the seeing. So I’ll take your advice about my nonsense with a grain of salt.
Since I'm not talking about that it makes little excuse. You made a few comments about the defense that I took notice to. I don't care about the bickering you and Larry had in week 3.:lol:

The Skins will remain average as long as they have an owner that has no sense of what rebuilding is and has no patience. Try to remember he has the worst record for hiring and firing coaches. With the exception of Gibbs he has given no coach a chance to build. I hopeful that Zorn will be a great coach for the Redskins. I’m not hopeful that Snyder will have the patience to allow him to prove it.
Well, Snyder was crap in the past but I believe he has changed with the events of the past four years. I think Zorn stays and I'll betcha a nice steak dinner on it too.:yay:

And I think you are giving the Skins too much credit against the Giants. I don't the Skins played a good game against them. I think the Giants had a bad day against the Skins. The Redskins played their typical average ball; the Giants didn't play their typical game.
Well, the offense sucked and I've said as much. I give credit where credit is due and the defense didn't let me down.

A good defense holds the opponent to less than 21. Only four teams have scored higher than that. Cowboys - lost. Saints - lost. Steelers - won. Giants - won.

Those are some of the best if not the best offenses in the league.

It's a shame that we have a championship level defense but an offense that sucks worse than a bent straw.

PsyOps

Pixelated
He had skill-sets and then Zorn came in with other skill-sets, an innumberable amount. Some of which haven't even been implemented yet.

I think Zorn is solid for at least 2 more years. Cerrato not so much.

And if you see Cerrato's job at risk, and he was integral for helping pick Zorn, then what does that say about whether Zorn was actually a good pick or not? Where have you heard his job is at risk anyway?

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
And if you see Cerrato's job at risk, and he was integral for helping pick Zorn, then what does that say about whether Zorn was actually a good pick or not? Where have you heard his job is at risk anyway?
His job isn't at risk now but if he doesn't address the lines next year it will be.

You should have heard the Cerrato radio program today. Fans tore him a new one.:lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready

I don't think I'll agree with you on that last point. From what I saw, the Giants played very typically on their strengths of this year. Yeah, they scored less in this game than their average this season, but their strategy and execution plan stayed in tact, catered to the team they're playing against.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Since I'm not talking about that it makes little excuse. You made a few comments about the defense that I took notice to. I don't care about the bickering you and Larry had in week 3.:lol:

Then you obviously haven’t paid much attention to rest of my posts about the offense. Larry's Jedi-like astuteness is failing him.

Well, Snyder was crap in the past but I believe he has changed with the events of the past four years. I think Zorn stays and I'll betcha a nice steak dinner on it too

I know, you’ve told me this before. I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m with you on the next two years, but if the Skins fail to get any better, he’s gone.

Well, the offense sucked and I've said as much. I give credit where credit is due and the defense didn't let me down.

A good defense holds the opponent to less than 21. Only four teams have scored higher than that. Cowboys - lost. Saints - lost. Steelers - won. Giants - won.

Those are some of the best if not the best offenses in the league.

It's a shame that we have a championship level defense but an offense that sucks worse than a bent straw.

Okay… so you’ve won your point on the defense. I owe you a six-pack of your choice.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't think I'll agree with you on that last point. From what I saw, the Giants played very typically on their strengths of this year. Yeah, they scored less in this game than their average this season, but their strategy and execution plan stayed in tact, catered to the team they're playing against.

Isn't it amazing how two people can see the same thing differently? :ohwell:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Isn't it amazing how two people can see the same thing differently? :ohwell:

Well, yeah. :lol: I just had to throw that one in there. But I honestly believe the G-men just come up with a plan each week to do what it takes to just win, and nothing more. Not about points, just about getting more points on the board than their opponents.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, yeah. :lol: I just had to throw that one in there. But I honestly believe the G-men just come up with a plan each week to do what it takes to just win, and nothing more. Not about points, just about getting more points on the board than their opponents.

:buddies:

Buddy and Larry know I am highly critical of the Skins for one reason. I can't stand Snyder. I think he has ruined the team. It's like your daughter that marries that guy you can't stand. You absolutely love your daughter but you hate the relationship she's in. But you try your darnedest to accept it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Buddy and Larry know I am highly critical of the Skins for one reason. I can't stand Snyder. I think he has ruined the team. It's like your daughter that marries that guy you can't stand. You absolutely love your daughter but you hate the relationship she's in. But you try your darnedest to accept it.

*pffft*

So much for your 'darnedest'.

Be interesting to see how you react when you're not hardly trying at all.

:lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
*pffft*

So much for your 'darnedest'.

Be interesting to see how you react when you're not hardly trying at all.

:lol:

Stop trying to read my mind. You're no good at it. My love for my daughter runs deep. My love for the Redskins runs deep. You just don't seem to understand tough love.

:geek: