Give Heroin to Friend; Friends Dies; You do 6 Years

bilbur

He's an addict, addicts/alcoholics don't think beyond their next fix. He'll come out of jail an addict, he'll be clean, but his brain will still be that of an addict, it's more than drugs or alcohol, people use prescription pain killers and alcohol all the time and don't get hooked. But there are others who do, there are underlying psychological issues that and instead of seeking treatment for those, they end up self medicating.

This is the part that makes me have no sympathy for addicts. If they quietly did their drug of choice and didn't bother anyone than I say go for it and have fun but we all know that isn't reality. They cheat, lie, and steal to get their next fix and they don't care who they run over in the process. The people killed by junkies driving while high, the little girl in DC that almost got her eyes gouged out because the guy was on PCP, the countless number of people that are robbed everyday so someone can get his next fix, and it goes on and on. I will not lose any sleep over either one of them and anyone like them. No one gets physically addicted the first time they try a drug so this is something they chose to do and now they want people to feel sorry for them now that it isn't fun anymore. It would be like me saying "pity me because I got lung cancer due to smoking" and I say if it happens I deserve no pity because I am the dumb @$$ that started in the first place and if I quit, I don't deserve a medal and I am no hero, I am just like everyone else that quit before me or who was smart enough to never pick it up in the first place. These are just my opinions but like I said earlier I have no sympathy for either of them.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What do you think should happen to a person who has multiple offenses for distributing drugs?

jus saying, you said he would go to minimum security. How did this end up in federal court anyway? From what I read he is an addict and gave stuff to his friend, Far cry from being a dealer.
Dealers (who don't want to be dead) don't use the crap they peddle.

tom88

jus saying, you said he would go to minimum security. How did this end up in federal court anyway? From what I read he is an addict and gave stuff to his friend, Far cry from being a dealer.
Dealers (who don't want to be dead) don't use the crap they peddle.

Where did you "hear" this? Do you know this person?

rdytogo

I read the press release and there are a couple of things which I believe people are making assumptions. The assumption that he was an addict. The assumption that he somehow cares about this person. Now, I think there are a couple other assumptions which can be made. That the guy wasn't likely his friend, but more likely a guy he sold heroin to. It's easier for the bad guy to give the statement that he gave his friend heroin rather than he sold his customer heroin. He has two priors. I think it's more likely he was selling drugs, but the cops took what they could prove that he gave him the drugs.

I am perfectly fine with this sentence.

luvmygdaughters

This is the part that makes me have no sympathy for addicts. If they quietly did their drug of choice and didn't bother anyone than I say go for it and have fun but we all know that isn't reality. They cheat, lie, and steal to get their next fix and they don't care who they run over in the process. The people killed by junkies driving while high, the little girl in DC that almost got her eyes gouged out because the guy was on PCP, the countless number of people that are robbed everyday so someone can get his next fix, and it goes on and on. I will not lose any sleep over either one of them and anyone like them. No one gets physically addicted the first time they try a drug so this is something they chose to do and now they want people to feel sorry for them now that it isn't fun anymore. It would be like me saying "pity me because I got lung cancer due to smoking" and I say if it happens I deserve no pity because I am the dumb @$$ that started in the first place and if I quit, I don't deserve a medal and I am no hero, I am just like everyone else that quit before me or who was smart enough to never pick it up in the first place. These are just my opinions but like I said earlier I have no sympathy for either of them.

:dingding:

luvmygdaughters

Couldn't agree with you more. It also makes me want to:barf: when I hear people say "its a disease". Sorry, not buying it. Its a self imposed addiction, no other way around it. These so called rehabs they send the druggies to have a revolving door, much like the courts that continue to let them go time after time.

vince77

I don't have any heroin to give anyone, it's dangerous and the penalties are life changing. A poor choice, he needs to spend some time in jail.

officeguy

The people killed by junkies driving while high, the little girl in DC that almost got her eyes gouged out because the guy was on PCP, ...

You dont have to go to DC for that. There was a recent case in La Plata with a PCP tweaker attacking a little kid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You dont have to go to DC for that. There was a recent case in La Plata with a PCP tweaker attacking a little kid.

But...but...drugs are harmless. And addicts are certainly not harming anyone but themselves.

Right, Chris? Right, Larry?

officeguy

But...but...drugs are harmless. And addicts are certainly not harming anyone but themselves.

Right, Chris? Right, Larry?

Well, those kinds of events seem to happen mostly with PCP and 'bath salts'. Junkies, tweakers and crack addicts are mostly annoying, but they dont usually go out eating peoples faces off.

bilbur

Well, those kinds of events seem to happen mostly with PCP and 'bath salts'. Junkies, tweakers and crack addicts are mostly annoying, but they dont usually go out eating peoples faces off.

But they do steal or swindle people out of money to get their drug. Heroin and crack is so physically addictive that people will rob their own mother of her last $20 to get a fix that will stop the crippling withdrawals. The only drug that people don't normally steal for, people don't normally act psychotic on, people can't overdose on, and actually has some medical benefits is marijuana. Not even alcohol and prescription medications can make all of those claims. I am all for legalizing weed but they need to keep those other drugs illegal in my opinion.

officeguy

But they do steal or swindle people out of money to get their drug. Heroin and crack is so physically addictive that people will rob their own mother of her last $20 to get a fix that will stop the crippling withdrawals.

But thats really a result of it being illegal. If you could buy a shot of clean heroin for $5 at the country store, they wouldn't commit crimes to buy it.

The only drug that people don't normally steal for, people don't normally act psychotic on, people can't overdose on, and actually has some medical benefits is marijuana.

Just following the somd police blotter shows numerous examples of people commmitting crimes while high. Psychosis is one of the effects of MJ and the medical benefits are very very limited.

Not even alcohol and prescription medications can make all of those claims. I am all for legalizing weed but they need to keep those other drugs illegal in my opinion.

If we keep them illegal, we'll continue the 'war on drugs' and nothing will change.

BernieP

Resident PIA
But thats really a result of it being illegal. If you could buy a shot of clean heroin for $5 at the country store, they wouldn't commit crimes to buy it.

Just following the somd police blotter shows numerous examples of people commmitting crimes while high. Psychosis is one of the effects of MJ and the medical benefits are very very limited.

If we keep them illegal, we'll continue the 'war on drugs' and nothing will change.

1. Not really. Technically begging, asking, for money is not a crime. I wouldn't call it a con, they aren't going to offer anything in return. They simply play on your emotions to "help a poor soul out".
They have some sad tale, but the reality is the cash you give is going directly to their body in the form of drugs or alcohol. There is very little difference between and alcoholic and a drug addict.

2. Read a story that basically said, "this is not your parents marijuana". Much more potent and with modern brain mapping techniques they can now demonstrate that it does have a negative impact on brain function - permanent changes.

3. Just put them in jail - but don't raise our taxes to do it. That seems to be the sentiment. I think people are in denial, their kid won't do it, won't happen in their family.
You would be surprised. If you don't have a family member with a problem, chances are the people on either side of you at work do. Feel damn grateful.

officeguy

1. Not really. Technically begging, asking, for money is not a crime. I wouldn't call it a con, they aren't going to offer anything in return. They simply play on your emotions to "help a poor soul out".
They have some sad tale, but the reality is the cash you give is going directly to their body in the form of drugs or alcohol. There is very little difference between and alcoholic and a drug addict.

In the methadone programs, we already give them the drug to be protected from the physical withdrawal effects. They frequently still go out and shoot up heroin in addition to their methadone for no other reason than them being junkies looking for a high.

2. Read a story that basically said, "this is not your parents marijuana". Much more potent and with modern brain mapping techniques they can now demonstrate that it does have a negative impact on brain function - permanent changes.

It has always been harmful, but yes over the years the potency of pot in circulation has increased 2-3x.

3. Just put them in jail - but don't raise our taxes to do it. That seems to be the sentiment. I think people are in denial, their kid won't do it, won't happen in their family.
You would be surprised. If you don't have a family member with a problem, chances are the people on either side of you at work do. Feel damn grateful.

Putting addicts in jail doesn't fix the problem.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Kid gave kid heroin. Kid died. Giving kid heroin is illegal. When you do that, you risk going to jail if kid dies.

NO. You risk consequences for selling an illegal substance. Applying your logic - the seller of an illegal substance should not face consequences as long as the buyer doesn't die. :crazy:

tom88

NO. You risk consequences for selling an illegal substance. Applying your logic - the seller of an illegal substance should not face consequences as long as the buyer doesn't die. :crazy:

Reading isn't your strong point. That wasn't even close to what I said. The story I'm referencing never mentioned SELLING drugs at all. I'm replying to some bleeding heart who said all that happened was one addict gave another addict drugs. (That is paraphrasing, you can look that word up)

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Reading isn't your strong point. That wasn't even close to what I said. The story I'm referencing never mentioned SELLING drugs at all. I'm replying to some bleeding heart who said all that happened was one addict gave another addict drugs. (That is paraphrasing, you can look that word up)

Go eff yourself. You can look that up.

:loser: