Gonna be EXCITING, V3!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Getting ramped to do this flying/tipping/falling/flipping/landing pointy silo thing yet again..... Expecting a static fire in the next few days, might fly before the end of the week. Same profile as before, expecting a little less boom this time. Pic shows scale pretty well. Methinks the Udvar-Hazy centers gonna need another, larger, wing. And if he pulls this off, this thing will belong there.

glhs837

Power with Control
In a way, thats sorta the model. Land your spaceship somewhere, then jump back in and take off. Seen the lunar lander version?

Could almost pack one of the competitions two stage landers inside and bring it back with you.

Clem72

Elon claims Starship will reduce costs to $10/Kg to orbit. For that price you could send your own ass on a flight around the moon for the cost of a minivan. Things are going to get interesting.

glhs837

Power with Control
Elon claims Starship will reduce costs to $10/Kg to orbit. For that price you could send your own ass on a flight around the moon for the cost of a minivan. Things are going to get interesting.

Just like aircraft, once you stop throwing your vehicle away after every flight, cost drop like a rock.

glhs837

Power with Control
TFRs posted for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, which indicates intention to launch. Tests, uncertainty, yadayada.......

glhs837

Power with Control
So, static fire number 2 imminenet in the next five-10 minutes, they just started chilling the engines.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, three distinct static fires today, refining the light and relight process, mastering the engines. Next step, a repeat of the SN8 flight, with hopefully a rocket that can, but most likely won't, be reused again. Not with SN10, 11, and 15 waiting in the wings almost ready to go.

glhs837

Power with Control
Damn, after a few burps yesterday, they are hitting it early again today. Wasnt even expecting it, but I leave the labpadre feed up, and they only talk when things are happening. I was making coffee and they started talking.....

stgislander

PREMO Member
Interesting. NASASpaceflight doesn't have anything live at the moment besides their Port Canaveral Fleet Cam.

glhs837

Power with Control
And looked like a good three engine static fire. At 8:59:38 or so if you want to back up the feed.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I just caught the static fire. I guess I was surprised how short it was. If you blinked, you missed it.

glhs837

Power with Control
This were "cleaner" than yesterday. I suspect they've been smoothing the engine start checklist, trying to get the flow and parameters all working together.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The guys at NASASpaceflight were saying SN9 could be ready for the 10km flight as early as Monday.

glhs837

Power with Control
I thought this was going to be a thread about tomato juice.

Only if things go terribly wrong.

Anyway, they attached the explosive Flight Termination System (FTS) packages to the rocket yesterday, which signals intent to fly Monday.