Gov. Kristi Noem: Bikers come to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (and South Dakota) for freedom

black dog

Free America
Shoot...old Harley engines were worthless back in the early 70s when I was first messing around with bikes. Guy tried to give me an old panhead that was grafted on to a lawnmower and I turned it down flat..who needed that junk?? :sigh:

If you can go back 12 + - years ago to the long haired counter man at the left computer at Posners?
That was Mike Young sr, we met at Sonny Routts shop one day when i was swapping out parts that Sonny had that had been chromed at Browns. Michael was on a Knuckel then and i had a XLC 8" over that a guy named Croce out of Gathersburg built... 11 to 1 a hunt mag and a Lake injector, what a bitch to start...
Michael went to Pans over the next few years and when he passed years back he left a three car garage full of Knuckel and Pan scooters and truckloads of parts
I believe his brother got all of it, he dragged endless harley parts home from the motorcycle junkyars in Hyattsville...

At the vintage swap meet where i bought that 79 FX there was loafs of limey parts for sale
I mentioned to a couple of vendors that i knew Sonny and man a few 850 big bore kits of his came out and the storys started... It was a fun day...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you can go back 12 + - years ago to the long haired counter man at the left computer at Posners?
That was Mike Young sr, we met at Sonny Routts shop one day when i was swapping out parts that Sonny had that had been chromed at Browns. Michael was on a Knuckel then and i had a XLC 8" over that a guy named Croce out of Gathersburg built... 11 to 1 a hunt mag and a Lake injector, what a bitch to start...
Michael went to Pans over the next few years and when he passed years back he left a three car garage full of Knuckel and Pan scooters and truckloads of parts
I believe his brother got all of it, he dragged endless harley parts home from the motorcycle junkyars in Hyattsville...

At the vintage swap meet where i bought that 79 FX there was loafs of limey parts for sale
I mentioned to a couple of vendors that i knew Sonny and man a few 850 big bore kits of his came out and the storys started... It was a fun day...
I turned my nose up at a new Norton 850 Commando (literally..showroom new..the local dealer had closed up and left several bikes sit in the old building for years) that was for sale for $1600. I considered that just nuts..who wanted a Brit bike, really?

I had a BSA 500...a 750 Triumph...a lot of Spanish junk made by Bultaco, Montessa, and Ossa.. None of that stuff was worth spit back in the day.

I had a Honda CL72 and and a CL77. Bought the pair for $50 and used stuff off them to make one whole bike with a Benelli 350 1-cylinder pushrod engine and frame, sans front end and wheels, that I already had given to me. Only had front brakes (Honda brakes and sprockets were on opposite sides to the Italian bike...)..only had 1st and 4th gear; 2nd and 3rd were gone. Good times...good times...

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Historic Primary Win for South Dakota Congresswoman Kristi ...
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem? — Hardcore Husky Forums

phreddyp

I wouldn't count on it.

It is interesting, however, to watch you knuckleheads horndogging over a Governor like you'd ever have a shot at that.
Most of the breakthroughs in science and technology are the result of imagination , however some imagination is just for fun and what ifs . I raise MY glass to those with forethought and imagination everyday , we couldn't live without them!

TPD

the poor dad
Yup, she's hot. But she lost me with her wrong-headed take on the transgender athletes issue. She's now filed in the same folder as Haley, "W," Jeb!, and the like; failing to uphold principle because they want to be seen as "compassionate."

Noem had a good shot at the Repub nom in 2024. But she blew it on guys dressed as girls competing with actual girls.

--- End of line (MCP)

I feel the same way. Before this incident I was ready to drive to South Dakota this summer for a weeklong visit and give them some of my money. Once she let her position known on this issue, I said nope. Tucker Carlson gave her a chance to explain herself, but she botched it royally in my opinion. I was quite disappointed in her after that interview. It's like finding out your high school flame is now a prostitute.

black dog

Free America
I turned my nose up at a new (literally..showroom new..the local dealer had closed up and left several bikes sit in the old building for years) that was for sale for $1600. I considered that just nuts..who wanted a Brit bike, really?

I had a BSA 500...a 750 Triumph...a lot of Spanish junk made by Bultaco, Montessa, and Ossa.. None of that stuff was worth spit back in the day.

I had a Honda CL72 and and a CL77. Bought the pair for $50 and used stuff off them to make one whole bike with a Benelli 350 1-cylinder pushrod engine and frame, sans front end and wheels, that I already had given to me. Only had front brakes (Honda brakes and sprockets were on opposite sides to the Italian bike...)..only had 1st and 4th gear; 2nd and 3rd were gone. Good times...good times...

For a short period i owned a RD350 and a Tiger 650 that ate zenier diodes..... Driving down the road lights on and off at will... Gotta love Lucas..

I would love to have that BSA today as a bar bobber.

Hijinx

I feel the same way. Before this incident I was ready to drive to South Dakota this summer for a weeklong visit and give them some of my money. Once she let her position known on this issue, I said nope. Tucker Carlson gave her a chance to explain herself, but she botched it royally in my opinion. I was quite disappointed in her after that interview. It's like finding out your high school flame is now a prostitute.

Where is she working, ? At the A&E?

• Haha
Reactions: TPD

BOP

There's a risk associated with everything that we do in life. Bikers like those attending the Rally get that

STURGIS, SOUTH DAKOTA - AUGUST 09: Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota arrives at the Sturgis Buffalo Chip campground after riding in the Legends Ride for charity on a 2021 Indian Chief on August 09, 2021 near Sturgis, South Dakota.

The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is one of the biggest gatherings for motorcycle enthusiasts in the world. While the rally has always promoted an independent spirit, these past two years have taken on a new meaning of freedom.

The Sturgis Rally is about hopping on your bike and exploring this great country through our open roads. Bikers come here because they want to be here. And we love to see them!

Can that woman possibly get any hotter???
If she does, I may die of a hard-on heart attack.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
For a short period i owned a RD350

I had a RD350 and an RD400. Put a vetter fairing on the 400 and rode it from MD to Lafayette, IN and back. Big mistake..LOL...that it rained on me half the trip made it even worse. That thing was a blast, without the fairing, from 0-60. But as a highway cruiser?...it truly sucked.

black dog

Free America
I had a RD350 and an RD400. Put a vetter fairing on the 400 and rode it from MD to Lafayette, IN and back. Big mistake..LOL...that it rained on me half the trip made it even worse. That thing was a blast, without the fairing, from 0-60. But as a highway cruiser?...it truly sucked.

Lol. My ride to Maryland last week was a wet monsoon going through western md and Ohio on the way home. Not much room for raingear on a FX.
Glad I rainex'ed the Shoei before leaving...

I will say taking 70 and 68 the roads are the nicest in 30 years of back and forth from IN to MD.
Endless new asphalt through Ohio.

Hijinx

I had a RD-350. After it reared up and threw me off 3 times I got rid of it.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Bikers At Sturgis Rally Put Up 'Happy Birthday Obama' Sign So COVID Can't Spread

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lol... I have forwarded this to a half a dozen of my friends and the responses have been love it to FY and your leakers and kickers....
:lmao:

Speaking as a long-time HD owner..new and vintage, some of my favorite HD slogans are:

1. Harley - Davidson stands alone. Even pictures of our motorcycles leak oil.

2. If your Harley isn't leaking a puddle of oil every time you park it, that means the oil tank is empty.

And last but not least:

3. Harley -Davidson..the first to perfect the engineering behind converting gasoline in to noise without the wasteful byproduct of horsepower.

black dog

Free America
:lmao:

Speaking as a long-time HD owner..new and vintage, some of my favorite HD slogans are:

1. Harley - Davidson stands alone. Even pictures of our motorcycles leak oil.

2. If your Harley isn't leaking a puddle of oil every time you park it, that means the oil tank is empty.

And last but not least:

3. Harley -Davidson..the first to perfect the engineering behind converting gasoline in to noise without the wasteful byproduct of horsepower.

Love #3

And through all the years of good and bad, they still have more trophys and have had more records than any other motorcycle co...

I was at Hog Dayz in Marion yesterday and dragged home a Ultima springer front end.
Thinking about putting that 79 FX in a ridgid with this 2" over springer and finish it out for the kids first big twin.
He wants a XL1200 with twin Dellorto's....
. I need to slow him down a bit...

Attachments

• 20210811_145711_HDR(1).jpg
    20210811_145711_HDR(1).jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 43

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Wasn't a Superspreader Event. So When Does Gov. Noem Get Her Apology From the Media?

On Monday, the Los Angeles Times, whose writers likely could not find South Dakota on a map, claimed “scores of coronavirus cases recorded.” Scores? How many, and compared to what?

If numbers still matter to agenda seekers, the entire U.S. averaged 276 new COVID cases per 100,000 people over 10 days ending last week, while the Mount Rushmore State averaged only 156.

Why the misinformation? Politics.

South Dakota is a deep red state with an outspoken conservative governor who values freedom, follows the science, and has challenged flawed narratives from media and health “experts” for 18 months. Sturgis is also the quintessential American event with an older, whiter, right-leaning crowd. There was little to no media outrage when Black Lives Matter hooligans caroused across dozens of major cities last year or hundreds recently partied at Barack Obama’s island mansion.

Will the coastal media confess their errors and apologize to Gov. Kristi Noem or the hundreds of thousands who attended the rally in the Black Hills? You’re more likely to find oceanfront property in South Dakota or see Ron Klain at the 2022 rally.