Greetings from Lafayette LA

phreddyp

I worked with a guy who said at 1 time he was the manager for the Nighthawks. At the time I was stationed at Andrews. I had never heard of the Nighthawks. He was trying to convince me that they were a big deal. In my way of thinking a big deal band would be played on the radio at some point. Clearly they are a band with a large regional following.
WHFS Gaithersburg , MD. played them a lot in their Hey day Damian liked them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, they were huge in the DC area

They'd play at the Nightlife once a year or so and the place would be jam packed. Great band!

I'm trying to remember the name of this band out of Baltimore that used to play the clubs, and went on to have a big hit that I can't remember the name of either...... 🤔 It will come to me unless someone beats me to it....

Grumpy

They'd play at the Nightlife once a year or so and the place would be jam packed. Great band!

I'm trying to remember the name of this band out of Baltimore that used to play the clubs, and went on to have a big hit that I can't remember the name of either...... 🤔 It will come to me unless someone beats me to it....
Kix?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also, supposedly there's a Louisiana state mask mandate, but nobody in Lafayette/Scott is abiding by it. Some businesses have a sign on the door saying masks are required, but then you go in and nobody - including the employees - is wearing one. I asked the campground lady when I checked in what the mask requirements were, and she said, "We have mask laws but it's fascist bullshit so nobody wears one." That is an exact quote.

:jet:

So far we haven't been to one place where a mask was really required except for the visitor's center, which is government property. We'd see the sign on the door at the store or restaurant and put ours on, then walk in to find that nobody else is masked. Apparently some grandmas are tougher than others and won't be mass murdered by a piddling virus.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It rained yesterday then the cold front moved in. This morning the weather app on my phone showed we were a whole 2 degrees warmer than Solomons, MD.

It's really windy here today. They rent paddle boats and 1 got loose and drifted over to our side of the pond. I saw a few white caps when I was just out walking the dog. The fishing has been show and this weather won't help any.

Monello

PREMO Member

Monello

PREMO Member
I am so jealous. Cajun food is my absolute favorite! Enjoy some boudin for me.
I ate your allotment of seasoned cracklings yesterday. I reheated a crayfish boudin last night that was actually tastier than when I ate half of it when we bought them. I'm good for 1 more stop at Billy's before we leave here. In the local grocery store they sell bread dressing. I may get some to experiment with later. Gonna channel my inner Emeril.

Louise

Is that where you went to college? I see they have a campus there. I wonder how much Lafayette has changed over the decades. Parts of Scott look economically depressed. But Uncle T's restaurant was packed on a Monday night, so business of obviously good. Billy's always has a line at the counter. They are only doing take out. Both times there I had to wait in line a while. The people buying are getting a bunch of things to eat, not just picking up 1 or 2 items to eat right away.

No, I went to LSU. Originally from NOLA. Several of my sorority sisters were from Lafayette. Went home with them on weekends several times. Never went to the suburb of Scott. We just hung out with each other.

I made hub red beans and rice last Saturday. He scarfed it. Keep on rollin’, y’all. And I wish y’all safe travels,

I looked up uncle t’s. Sorry I missed out on the deliciousness.

Wanted to add this...

https://www.pibetaphi.org/ I graduated from LSU in 1976. I am old, but still a patriot. God bless the USA.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Am I correct in that you don't eat the casing?

Boudin sausage is eaten like regular sausage, casing and all. "Boudin" is what's inside - rice, meat and seasonings. Then you do something with it, like make balls and fry them, or use it in stuffing, or squirt it in a casing for sausage.