Gun Control Laws And Opposition

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Gun crimes grab most media attention, while gun use in self-defense gets merely a fraction: experts

Lott said that, in a typical year, the media reports about 2,000 defensive gun use stories, but he added "that is a dramatic undercount, because the vast majority of successful self-defense cases don’t make the news."

Lott said there are about 2 million defensive gun uses per year, according to the average of 18 national surveys.

The Heritage Foundation, which launched a database tracking how often guns are used in self-defense cases, cites the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which looked at various studies and found "that Americans use their firearms defensively between 500,000 and 3 million times each year."

"The reality is, I think this number shocks a lot of people," Amy Swearer, a legal fellow in the Meese Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation, told Fox News Digital in a phone interview.

Hijinx

Everyone who opposes guns should have a sign in their yard saying that they have no gun in their home.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

“Close To…A Gun Registry”

The Epoch Times picked up more of the story:

Cloud said the Biden administration is getting too close to creating a federal gun registry—encroaching on our constitutional liberties—which is currently prohibited by federal law.

“At the end of 2021, Cloud said he became aware that the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) had collected over 54 million gun records in one year and that the Biden administration was trying to extend how long gun vendors to keep their records.

‘We began an investigation and come to find out that the ATF had over time collected almost 1 billion gun records. They had put them into a database in digital format in a way that’s searchable,’ said Cloud. ‘So, you look at a database with almost a billion gun records in it—that’s an astronomical figure—in a searchable database. It comes really close to that line of a gun registry, if not crossing it.’

Amazingly, Cloud also relates the fact that in 2020, 40% of all gun purchases went to first-time buyers and that the number was 30% in 2021. That can easily be translated as saying people do not trust anyone to defend them but themselves. That is how it should be, but those numbers frighten a government that demands subordination and subjugation.

Hijinx

I have said this before but it bears repeating IMO.

With the actions in Ukraine where the Government had to pass out guns to civilians to fight encroachment of their country this country should stop all violations of the 2nd. Amendment and encourage every American to have a gun and enough ammunition to be able to defend themselves and the country.

It is vital to our National Security. Especially when we have a sick old man as President.

black dog

Free America
I have said this before but it bears repeating IMO.

With the actions in Ukraine where the Government had to pass out guns to civilians to fight encroachment of their country this country should stop all violations of the 2nd. Amendment and encourage every American to have a gun and enough ammunition to be able to defend themselves and the country.

It is vital to our National Security. Especially when we have a sick old man as President.
You mean like the Division of Civilian Marksmanship through the US Army and with the Clinton Administration The New Civilian Marksmanship Program?
I paid a $120.00 bucks each for my exs and my Garands delivered to our home.
Back then almost endless practice and match ammo...free or cover the cost of freight...

black dog

Free America
Everyone who opposes guns should have a sign in their yard saying that they have no gun in their home.
You should add those opposed to religious nutter, alcohol, weed, abortion, government givaways and on and on to your yard signs...
Sounds Constitutional....

black dog

Free America
Figures. I've been sitting on my FFL application for some years now. Want to get it...don't want the hassles and paperwork that can go with it.
Other than a C&R ffl its not worth the trouble. And its not like the surplus market is cheap anymore.. If you mess up its gonna hurt.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Other than a C&R ffl its not worth the trouble. And its not like the surplus market is cheap anymore.. If you mess up its gonna hurt.
yeah, but....nearing retirement and with a full-equipped machine shop, I thought it would be a good thing to have the FFL for smithing and build/sell. Not so keen on it now....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Figures. I've been sitting on my FFL application for some years now. Want to get it...don't want the hassles and paperwork that can go with it.
Isn't it with those with a FFL, that the ATF can, at anytime, visit the place, property, the FFL is assigned under the pretense of "inspection" purposes? Such as one's home? Opening up the possibility for all kinds of mischief by the ATF to cause all kinds of "legal" trouble for the holder? If so, why would anyone put themselves in such a situation? I can understand a commercial setting, but one's home? Seems to be just asking for misfortune.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You mean like the Division of Civilian Marksmanship through the US Army and with the Clinton Administration The New Civilian Marksmanship Program? I paid a $120.00 bucks each for my exs and my Garands delivered to our home. Back then almost endless practice and match ammo...free or cover the cost of freight...
Those were truly the good 'ole days. Now, a 150 grain M1 Garand 30.06 round will set ya back $1.60+ per, not including shipping. If you can find them in stock.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Isn't it with those with a FFL, that the ATF can, at anytime, visit the place, property, the FFL is assigned under the pretense of "inspection" purposes? Such as one's home? Opening up the possibility for all kinds of mischief by the ATF to cause all kinds of "legal" trouble for the holder? If so, why would anyone put themselves in such a situation? I can understand a commercial setting, but one's home? Seems to be just asking for misfortune.
I wasn't going to use my "home" for the location of my FFL....all that activity would be at my shop/business. Lots FFLs are sited at home addresses though, as far as I know.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Having transferables is almost the same, they are supposed to give you 24 hours notice before a home check...
Myself I have never had an issue with anyone with atf, anytime I have ever called atf's firearm technologys dept with a question I have always been given a quick courteous answer.

But I do know three people that were in the gun business that did 2-10 years of federal time over doing stupid for money.

black dog

Free America
I wasn't going to use my "home" for the location of my FFL....all that activity would be at my shop/business. Lots FFLs are sited at home addresses though, as far as I know.
Years back atf was hard on home ffls, Its been on the uptick here for the past 10 yrs or so.
I believe you now have to provide proof of proper zoning on your app nowdays.

WingsOfGold

I let mine go in 08 when obammy was elected. Since then face to face when it was allowed, still is in Pa as far as I know. Truth is I don't need anything, guns, ammo or components but like slot machines........... never enough. Wife has orders.... when I go tits up each grand kid gets a 22 and she keeps whatever she wants for carry and house guns but the rest goes to Redding's Auction in Gettysburg. Straight shooters and they get a LOT of action.

WingsOfGold

If I may ...

Those were truly the good 'ole days. Now, a 150 grain M1 Garand 30.06 round will set ya back $1.60+ per, not including shipping. If you can find them in stock.
$1.60 for 06??????
1647745626795.png
I'm RICH!!!!!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

$1.60 for 06??????
View attachment 163322
I'm RICH!!!!!
Indeed you are. Lead and brass, with maybe a bit of copper, more so in a completed and assembled unit, are just as much a tradable commodity as is gold and silver. As an added bonus, the assembled components can also put food on the table if and when necessary, and, stop an attacking threat, with proper placement.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Surplus market? What's that? Where's that? I'm thinking it doesn't exist anymore. At least not like in the past. Unless you know of a good source? I've scoured the interwed of late with no success. I would invest in equipment such as Dillon, however I hear those are getting scare as well, and/or getting much pricier, along with primers, powder and bullets.