Gun Control Laws And Opposition

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Surplus market? What's that? Where's that? I'm thinking it doesn't exist anymore. At least not like in the past. Unless you know of a good source? I've scoured the interwed of late with no success. I would invest in equipment such as Dillon, however I hear those are getting scare as well, and/or getting much pricier, along with primers, powder and bullets.
Alot of components are easing up, machines seem to be available now.
Dillon was way backed up especially with there commercial machines and conversions.
Primers and powder are still hard for some to buy, other than bullets I have been loading with inhouse stock a year and a half or so now.
We have a surplus store about 30 min from me and the owner has become a friend over the years.
My son used to climb all over the surplus in his warehouse years ago.
He buys powder by the pallet, it might cost one 40 bucks a pound, but he usually has what one is looking for.
When its cheap, stack it deep.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Surplus market? What's that? Where's that? I'm thinking it doesn't exist anymore. At least not like in the past. Unless you know of a good source? I've scoured the interwed of late with no success.

I believe some of the old reliable importers still are bringing in what they can.
The days of $99.00 Mosins and SKS's are gone, what seems to be popular is the 03 C&R giys swap and buy-sell at the gun shows or off the group forums.
The last good deal we have bought in the surplus market wasy som ordered a 8mm 98 Mauser about 6-7 years ago for $299.00, when he opened it up at the store he was offered double his money from a few other patrons in the store.
He still hasn't de- cosmoliened it.
If im over in Ohio I try to roll through Aim Surplus and go through there racks, my son has an afliction with WW2 stuff.
Ive also seen plenty of surplus at Bass Pro in Wash, PA over the years driving back and forth.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
You mean like the Division of Civilian Marksmanship through the US Army and with the Clinton Administration The New Civilian Marksmanship Program?
I paid a $120.00 bucks each for my exs and my Garands delivered to our home.
Back then almost endless practice and match ammo...free or cover the cost of freight...
I should’ve bought another one back when I got mine from CMP. I did end up with several spam cans of HXP And manage to find two 400 round cans of match green from a coworker getting rid of some of his fathers stuff.

Wish I could get several dozen spam cans at the price I paid back then.

black dog

Free America
I should’ve bought another one back when I got mine from CMP. I did end up with several spam cans of HXP And manage to find two 400 round cans of match green from a coworker getting rid of some of his fathers stuff.

Wish I could get several dozen spam cans at the price I paid back then.
Yep, I think we have a crate with two spam cans of 06 AP in clips and a single can of ball in clips.
I still have a bunch of new brass and a gallon or so of the 173 grain match bullets I bought through Maryland Rifle and Pistol from CMP.
Did you get your M1 when they were $120.00?
The wife and I bought ours and she got a win and I got a springfield. Both WW2 rifles.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Yep, I think we have a crate with two spam cans of 06 AP in clips and a single can of ball in clips.
I still have a bunch of new brass and a gallon or so of the 173 grain match bullets I bought through Maryland Rifle and Pistol from CMP.
Did you get your M1 when they were $120.00?
The wife and I bought ours and she got a win and I got a springfield. Both WW2 rifles.
No. It was close to $1000 by the time I bought. The last few years they had them got over $1000 and then some. Saw auctions on there for correct grade examples that were thousands.

The one I have is a Rebarreled APR 1942 SA.

black dog

Free America
No. It was close to $1000 by the time I bought. The last few years they had them got over $1000 and then some. Saw auctions on there for correct grade examples that were thousands.

The one I have is a Rebarreled APR 1942 SA.
They are awesome rifles to shoot.
I have both of the ones we bought, I regularly shoot my Soringfield for fun and at the vintage high power matches. Mine is a 42 SA and was rebuilt in 44 with a 43 SA barrel and rebuilt in 6/66 and packed away until I opened it in 81 or 82.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Surplus market? What's that? Where's that? I'm thinking it doesn't exist anymore. At least not like in the past. Unless you know of a good source? I've scoured the interwed of late with no success. I would invest in equipment such as Dillon, however I hear those are getting scare as well, and/or getting much pricier, along with primers, powder and bullets.
All part of the plan.

WingsOfGold

If I may ...

Indeed you are. Lead and brass, with maybe a bit of copper, more so in a completed and assembled unit, are just as much a tradable commodity as is gold and silver. As an added bonus, the assembled components can also put food on the table if and when necessary, and, stop an attacking threat, with proper placement.
Powder of choice is 4895 for Garand but I bought several pounds of Hogdon that I won't use in it though I read is ok, too slow IMO. I have several bolts that like it without a glitch.
I should not have sold the thousands of magnum pistol primers (I bought over 250,000 mixed CCI primers at auction about 5 years ago for 150 dollars) I had, now reduced to seating large rifle primers tightly in pockets. They work fine in my Redhawk and Model 92 but I wouldn't use them in a semi auto. I sold the lions share of primers between Md Shooters and Pa shooters board but kept several thousand for myself.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
gas and ammo.jpg

black dog

Free America
Powder of choice is 4895 for Garand but I bought several pounds of Hogdon that I won't use in it though I read is ok, too slow IMO. I have several bolts that like it without a glitch.
I should not have sold the thousands of magnum pistol primers (I bought over 250,000 mixed CCI primers at auction about 5 years ago for 150 dollars) I had, now reduced to seating large rifle primers tightly in pockets. They work fine in my Redhawk and Model 92 but I wouldn't use them in a semi auto. I sold the lions share of primers between Md Shooters and Pa shooters board but kept several thousand for myself.
H4895 to slow? The rule the cmp posted forever was nothing slower than imr 4064.
Nowdays it deems to be anything slower than Varget, BLC2 and 748 for the M1 and the M14 service rifles. I have always burned 4064 for 06 and 7.62x51
I cant imagine bending an op rod with a 150 or a 168 grainer with 4188.
I do believe Uncle Sam loaded billions of rounds with it.
I would burn it.

You could alway put an adjustable gas plug in your rifle..

Hijinx

It is funny and anger inspiring at the same time. and if we look at it factually we will see that the same plot is making both expensive. The powers of the liberals are making it too expensive to drive and they hope to force us off the road and off the shooting range with the same tactics.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

H4895 to slow? The rule the cmp posted forever was nothing slower than imr 4064.
Nowdays it deems to be anything slower than Varget, BLC2 and 748 for the M1 and the M14 service rifles. I have always burned 4064 for 06 and 7.62x51
I would burn it.

Would that include HXP rounds? And, if'in you know, is the regular surplus, Lake City, Greek, Korea, or elsewhere, or currently modern made Garand type 150 grains ball ammo safe for the M1?

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Would that include HXP rounds? And, if'in you know, is the regular surplus, Lake City, Greek, Korea, or elsewhere, or currently modern made Garand type 150 grains ball ammo safe for the M1?
HXP was loaded for use in Garands. I believe most of what we have is greek HXP.
I believe Privi and Hornady load ammo designed for the M1.
I have never seen any data that 06 loaded for the BAR or the 1919 was any different than those loaded and packed in clips for the Garand.
I have shot more than a few 1919 belts of 06 through my Garands.
Just be careful of dates so if you are shooting corrosive you know you are.
I will look later today at what we have in tuna cans.

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

I would burn it.

No 4895 is my powder of choice........ I should have specified IMR. The Hogden is H335 which tho I read is Garand ok but I think is too slow, that I have lots of but won't chance it. 4064 is my backup but I think IMR 4064 isn't as accurate in my rifle, better results with 4895. Maybe it's just me. Yes I could change gas plug but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I have tons of sealed Greek HXP, great stuff IMO. The brass is also first rate. I knew and argued on MdShooters that it wasn't going to last forever but some argued back CMP had an infinite supply. HA! Next thing you know they were selling loose dented rounds.

black dog

Free America
No 4895 is my powder of choice........ I should have specified IMR. The Hogden is H335 which tho I read is Garand ok but I think is too slow, that I have lots of but won't chance it. 4064 is my backup but I think IMR 4064 isn't as accurate in my rifle, better results with 4895. Maybe it's just me. Yes I could change gas plug but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I have tons of sealed Greek HXP, great stuff IMO. The brass is also first rate. I knew and argued on MdShooters that it wasn't going to last forever but some argued back CMP had an infinite supply. HA! Next thing you know they were selling loose dented rounds.
Awesome, I rooted and it seems I have 4 wood cases of HXP. Two ball and two AP, and I came across two fat 50 cans of #1 collet pulled AP bullets from Talen. Last I saw them sell was for 2 bucks a piece.
That stuff is getting heavy.
20220322_142748.jpg
20220322_142441.jpg

Attachments

• 20220322_142424.jpg
    20220322_142424.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 54