Handgun background checks...

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Fred’s released my friends handgun early, she picked it up last week! They said they will release after 7 days if you have purchased (and cleared a background check) from them before. She never purchased from them before but they did finally release it after about a month.

Last edited:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Fred’s released my friends handgun early, she picked it up last week! They said they will release after 7 days if you have purchased (and cleared a background check) from them before. She never purchased from them before but they did finally release it after about a month.

That's where mine is at. I had gotten the same story from them. They would not release to me if I had not purchased from them before. However, I got the call from them on Wednesday afternoon saying that I could come get it. I understand them wanting to cover their behinds by having the paperwork back, but after 95 days of wait....come on!
:yahoo:

Midnightrider

That's where mine is at. I had gotten the same story from them. They would not release to me if I had not purchased from them before. However, I got the call from them on Wednesday afternoon saying that I could come get it. I understand them wanting to cover their behinds by having the paperwork back, but after 95 days of wait....come on!
:yahoo:

I was in Fred's last week and heard staff telling people they are "letting the all go" They said they had just changed their policy

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wait..what! If handguns are going to be dealt with that way..what about long guns? Applying the same logic, if you have not taken possession of that AR-15 you bought back in May by 1 October..you can never take possession of it.

Chris0nllyn

Wait..what! If handguns are going to be dealt with that way..what about long guns? Applying the same logic, if you have not taken possession of that AR-15 you bought back in May by 1 October..you can never take possession of it.

Yep.

Add to that, the fact that the MSP hasn't come up with their training program, licensing program, or anything else that is required after Oct. 1 when buying a regulated weapon.

Essentially, no regulated weapons will be sold after Oct.1, up until they pull their head out of their asses and get something done. Could be months, and well into next year.

C

czygvtwkr

I wonder If i purchased now what my chances of getting it before Oct 1 is.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Yep.

Add to that, the fact that the MSP hasn't come up with their training program, licensing program, or anything else that is required after Oct. 1 when buying a regulated weapon.

Essentially, no regulated weapons will be sold after Oct.1, up until they pull their head out of their asses and get something done. Could be months, and well into next year.

The link wont open for me. Does it mention semi-auto rifles too? Or just handguns?

What's got me a little steamed is I already got cleared for my handgun. You would think that would be the first thing they look at: “did this guy already pass a previous BC?” Yes! No need to go any farther.

MSP has given the OK to FFLs to release guns after the 7 day waiting period at their discretion, but my FFL is being a stickler about it. I know they don’t want to have to deal with having to recall firearms, but if you’ve already passed one BC (at least within the last 6 months or so) I think discretion is a no-brainer.

Chris0nllyn

The link wont open for me. Does it mention semi-auto rifles too? Or just handguns?

What's got me a little steamed is I already got cleared for my handgun. You would think that would be the first thing they look at: “did this guy already pass a previous BC?” Yes! No need to go any farther.

MSP has given the OK to FFLs to release guns after the 7 day waiting period at their discretion, but my FFL is being a stickler about it. I know they don’t want to have to deal with having to recall firearms, but if you’ve already passed one BC (at least within the last 6 months or so) I think discretion is a no-brainer.

It applies to any and all regulated weapons.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It applies to any and all regulated weapons.

This is making wonder if MSP have been given instructions to delay background checks past Oct 1 in order to force people into this. I am still finding it impossible to believe it's taking me 100 days when I've already passed one BC within the past 6 months.

Chris0nllyn

This is making wonder if MSP have been given instructions to delay background checks past Oct 1 in order to force people into this. I am still finding it impossible to believe it's taking me 100 days when I've already passed one BC within the past 6 months.

I don't doubt it.

A temporary solution was sent to the MSP, and O'Malley. It would have made FFLs be the POC, instead of the state.

Of course:
The I-Team learned Friday that state officials and state police agreed that the state police should ultimately not relinquish any role in the background check process.

Gov, MSP: Gun background checks should stay with state police | I-Team - WBAL Home