Hanesworth going to the Redskins?

Go G-Men

I disagree with the second part. I think Haynesworth was in his prime the last two years because he was on one year contracts.

When the Redskins sign him for long-term, he will fade in mediocrity and eventually obscurity along with Jason Taylor, Deion, and Bruce Smith.

Haynesworth averages just over 3 sacks a year during his 7 year career. Combined with his 191 career "solo" tackles...

Is that worth 100 million...

I think not!!

Go G-Men

There are only 2 QB's in the league right now I would EVER give that kind of money to! And I don't EVER see them leaving Indy or New England!

You need to stop looking at the 100 mil, its 41mil over 7 years, that's only 5. whatever a year on average, but they'll break it up so it may be 3 mil this year, 7 the next, that's not that bad in todays NFL for "big name" players.

As far as the jokes, they happen to EVERY team, not just the Skins, the 100 mil comes basically as bonuses/incentives.... Which, unless I am wrong, does not count towards our cap.

Haynesworth is guaranteed 32 million over the next 13 MONTHS!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Haynesworth is guaranteed 32 million over the next 13 MONTHS!!
The G-men were in on the offering.:howdy:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Sat, 28 Feb 2009

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants made a run at Washington Redskins DL Albert Haynesworth in free agency. The Giants called Haynesworth's agent just after the start of free agency and stayed "in the mix" for several hours, according to two league sources. The Giants didn't even immediately back out when they were told Haynesworth wanted more than $30 million guaranteed, one source said. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->click on link
[URL="http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl"]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl[/URL]

It's not about the money for your team. It's about facing him twice a year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ew-york-giants

Click link for entire article

Albert Haynesworth's Effect on the New York Giants

Sorry folks, it has been a while since I have composed an article for the BR, with taking 19 credits, having a job, and a radio show, it has been tough to sit down and just write.

But unless you are living in a technology-free world, you now know Albert Haynesworth will be going to the nation's capital (or Landover, MD) as he inked a seven-year, $100 million contract, that includes $41 million in guaranteed money.

Haynesworth is a behemoth of a man, tipping the scales at 320 pounds. He is an interior run-stopper, as most of us know.

The Giants will now have to play him two times a year for then next seven years. With Brandon Jacobs just signing a four year $25 million contract it may be tough to run against the Redskins.

This means that look for Ahmad Bradshaw to see a lot of carries when the Giants face the 'Skins. We have all seen Bradshaw have breakaway runs, whether it be the 88 yard touchdown run inf Buffalo, the 77 yard run against Seattle or the touchdown that was called back in the NFC title game in Green Bay.

Haynesworth will clog the holes against Big Blue which will try to use Jacobs a stretch play or Bradshaw on a toss.

This should also effect Eli Manning because it will force him to take more shots down the football field because of Haynesworth halting New York's otherwise dominant ground attack.

If the Giants don't go out and find Manning someone even within the same breathe as Plaxico Burress in athletic ability and pure dominance, playing Washington could be a challenge for years to come.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

T

toppick08

Since the mighty man took over...:duh:............y'all still have an overall losing record...
:yawn:

:lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/print?...124&type=story

Click link for entire article

Is Haynesworth worth $100 million?

By Stephen Oh

Is Albert Haynesworth worth $100 million?

In order to give the AccuScore answer to this question we first focused on the on-field impact Haynesworth had on the Titans in 2008.

Haynesworth has missed a number of games since the 2006 season. While it may be a concern that Haynesworth does get injured frequently and served an extended suspension in the past, his 12 missed games over the past three seasons is very useful to AccuScore in measuring his value.

To properly evaluate any football player you often cannot rely on his individual statistics, making his missed games good opportunities to measure the impact he had on the Titans. Haynesworth can dominate a game stuffing the run while also pressuring the QB. Rather than focus on Haynesworth's individual tackle, sack, and forced fumbles stats I looked at how opposing offenses performed 1) against the rest of the league; 2) against Tennessee when Haynesworth played; and 3) against Tennessee when Haynesworth was out.

MEASURING HAYNESWORTH'S IMPACT

To determine the impact Albert Haynesworth had as an individual player, AccuScore looked at how teams performed against the Titans both with and without Haynesworth in the lineup, as well as against the rest of the NFL.

Opposing Offense

Against Rest of League With Haynesworth Without Haynesworth
Explosive Run Rate 16% 13% 18%
Rush YPG 116 104 121
Completion Pct. 61.3% 59.6% 66.0%
Pass Yards per Att. 6.9 6.4 6.6
Pass TD per Att. 4.2% 2.6% 5.7%
Pass INT per Att. 2.9% 3.8% 2.6%
Sacked 6.3% 7.0% 4.3%

The stats above show Haynesworth had an enormous impact. Explosive runs are defined as runs that go for at least eight yards and indicate the ball carrier got to the second level of defense. The league average is 16 percent, but against the Titans with Haynesworth opposing offenses only did this 13 percent of the time. However, when Haynesworth was out that figure blossomed to 18 percent. With fewer long runs, opposing teams averaged just 104 rushing yards against Tennessee with Haynesworth, which is substantially better than the marks of 116 and 121 opposing teams ran against the rest of the league and against Tennessee without Haynesworth.

Haynesworth's presence also negatively impacts opposing passers. Completion percentages are down a full 6.4 percent when Haynesworth plays versus when he is out. Yards per attempt and TDs per attempt are down when Haynesworth plays. Pass interceptions and the rate that QBs get sacked are up considerably when Haynesworth plays.

Haynesworth is not 100 percent responsible for these statistical differences, because there are a number of different factors which also influence these fluctuations -- presence/absence of other key players, quality of opponents with and without Haynesworth and injuries to opposing offenses among them. However, Haynesworth's impact is readily apparent.

HAYNESWORTH MIGHT MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN WASHINGTON

For the sake of this analysis I am going to assume that Haynesworth's presence is largely responsible for the positive defensive improvement described above. This way we can evaluate whether Haynesworth is worth $100 million by seeing if he plays like one of the two or three best defensive players in the league.

In order to test the impact of a single player, AccuScore re-simulated the 2008 season with 2008 rosters. The 8-8 Redskins live up to these expectations in the "re-simulation," winning 52 percent of their game simulations which translates to an average of 8.4 wins per simulation.

We then added Haynesworth with the expectation that he will live up to his potential and be as good as he possibly can be. Under this rosy scenario for the Redskins, the Haynesworth impact is huge. The average wins increase by 2.2. Keep in mind that the season simulations include both extremely good (13-plus wins) and extremely bad seasons (fewer than six wins). To move the average by over two games is a very large impact.

MAXIMUM IMPACT

To evaluate whether or not Haynesworth is worth his new $100 million contract, AccuScore re-simulated the Redskins' 2008 season with and without their new defensive tackle.

Max. Impact

2008 Redskins 2008 Redskins with Haynesworth Haynesworth Impact
Avg. Win % (Per Game) 52% 66% +14%
Avg. Wins 8.4 10.6 +2.2 Wins
Playoff % 15.5% 48.0% +32.5%
Win NFC EAST 7.3% 30.1% +22.8%

This is why Haynesworth, and no one else, is worth $100 million with $41 million guaranteed. The salary will limit the Redskins' ability to sign other players in the coming years, but this one player's impact appears to justify the cost.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Major upgrade over ole Pete Kendall. Don't worry, you'll be acquainted with him again soon enough.:buddies:

Doc is an interesting example; He left for the mega Haynesworth esque contract. By all accounts, he basically did what was expected of him. Point being a guard can only do so much.

So, can a D tackle do much more? Dave Butz, the greatest tackle in NFL history, was still only part of a team. Did Buffalo not have enough other parts? Do we have enough?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Major? Better, yes, as Pete was wearing out. However, I think 'major' is not so accurate. Pete was still pretty good.
When Dock left there was something missing with the line. Seems like we had more success with Dock on the line in pass protection, which is why he was offered two major deals in the past three years.

I didn't see Pete getting offered as much. Ole' Pete seems to get handled under that bull rush. That might explain some of the pressure on Campbell this year. I actually feel sorry for Pete and his unfortunate St. Louis fumble.

So, an old gent on his way out or a seasoned young buck who can help protect our young QB. I still say major upgrade. I liked this move better than the Haynesworth or Hall deal and I'm profoundly a defensive guy.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/02/r...-jason-taylor/

Redskins Cut Jason Taylor

The Washington Redskins have released defensive end Jason Taylor, getting rid of the 12-year veteran less than a year after giving away second- and sixth-round draft picks to acquire him in a trade with the Miami Dolphins.

The Redskins had hoped to come to terms with Taylor on a restructured contract, but when they sides couldn't reach an agreement, the team decided to cut him loose. Taylor, who had a career-low 3.5 sacks in 2008, was scheduled to make an $8.5 million salary in 2009.

The Redskins said on their web site that they did not ask Taylor to take a pay cut, but that they did want to add a clause to Taylor's contract requiring him to participate in more than half of the team's voluntary off-season workouts. According to the team, it was only after Taylor refused to add that language to his deal that the Redskins let him go.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->