Harris Teeter

Catman2

I know we've had the discussion before of how training employees is very important...case in point chik fil a staff vs. mcdonalds...they're both picking from the same pool of individuals but obviously chik fil a does something better training wise. I'm hoping the same can be said for Harris Teeter.

Good luck finding decent employees in that filth pool of St. Marys.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I know we've had the discussion before of how training employees is very important...case in point chik fil a staff vs. mcdonalds...they're both picking from the same pool of individuals but obviously chik fil a does something better training wise. I'm hoping the same can be said for Harris Teeter.

I shot at Giant and find their employees to be very nice. I still owe one of them a shout out on Twitter because of the help she gave me. She went over and above to help correct a problem unrelated to the groceries.
I don't have a problem with the people there, just the store is small and in trying to get more in, they end up masking stuff on the shelf between the pillars and the cardboard display.
Hours are great and with the expanded self checkout small orders are a breeze.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I shot at Giant and find their employees to be very nice.

:yikes: I would be too if somebody fired at my store. :lol:

I don't have a problem with the people there, just the store is small and in trying to get more in, they end up masking stuff on the shelf between the pillars and the cardboard display.
Hours are great and with the expanded self checkout small orders are a breeze.

I have never had a problem with the workers and all are very helpful, but I feel almost claustrophobic shopping there. It is like a maze and an obstacle course combined to shop there anymore.

PeoplesElbow

It is more of what the management puts up with than training. There are McDonalds that have friendly, good employees also, just not around here anywhere.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Oh, cool. I didn't realize we could even get in the parking lot yet, haha.

I'm going by what one of their employees told me at Lowe's a few weeks ago.
He used to work at California Wine and Spirits over by the METCOM office.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It is more of what the management puts up with than training. There are McDonalds that have friendly, good employees also, just not around here anywhere.

Here's the difference, Chic-Fil-A does not allow one party to own multiple franchises - at least they didn't. They require their franchisee to be "in store". I think that makes a difference.
When it's your money, you are going to listen to the customer complaints and take action to correct the problem. The managers know the boss is watching, not just collecting the rent.
Caring is more than a word, it's ingrained in the corporation buy the owners. Chic-Fil-A locations are known to have opened on Sundays when there is a crisis. If they can, they will deliver food and drink to first responders and people in need.
It starts at the top
Want to discuss the ownership of the local McD's franchises?

acommondisaster

Actually Harris Teeter bought Kroger. They are southern stores, not mid-west, right?

We were just talking at work tonight how Harris Teeter didn't have the good sales/prices since Kroger bought them, so I had to look this up when I read your post. Wikopedia says Kroger bought HT for 2.4 billion.

SamSpade

:yikes: I would be too if somebody fired at my store. :lol:

One of the shortcomings of the spell check is that it doesn't offer a correction if it's an actual WORD.

On the other hand, the existence of the spell check is why I don't show much mercy to those who misspell words.

lovinmaryland

Good luck finding decent employees in that filth pool of St. Marys.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed but I've seen some of the people who went for interviews and were hired soooo yea!
Here's the difference, Chic-Fil-A does not allow one party to own multiple franchises - at least they didn't. They require their franchisee to be "in store". I think that makes a difference.
When it's your money, you are going to listen to the customer complaints and take action to correct the problem. The managers know the boss is watching, not just collecting the rent.
Caring is more than a word, it's ingrained in the corporation buy the owners. Chic-Fil-A locations are known to have opened on Sundays when there is a crisis. If they can, they will deliver food and drink to first responders and people in need.
It starts at the top
Want to discuss the ownership of the local McD's franchises?
The owner of the waldorf location also owns the location inside the mall. Maybe that's because they are so close though :shrug:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe I should have posted this here.
I downloaded this graphic from somewhere about a month ago.
Can anyone confirm or deny the Panda Express and/or the rest of the list ?

Attachments

• Tenant list.jpg
    Tenant list.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 349