Has karma made forums meaner?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You and pixie both missed the point of my post.

I got the point; I just don't care. :huggy: It's your opinion. You see some people look at what happened and think something totally different. Pixie screwed up, Pixie owned it immediately and made ammends with the people she hurt, Pixie must be a pretty real person. Unlike so many others I can own up to my faults myself and that's what I did and that's what saved my friendship. So your fake ass can kiss mine.

Mojo

I got the point; I just don't care. :huggy: It's your opinion. You see some people look at what happened and think something totally different. Pixie screwed up, Pixie owned it immediately and made ammends with the people she hurt, Pixie must be a pretty real person. Unlike so many others I can own up to my faults myself and that's what I did and that's what saved my friendship. So your fake ass can kiss mine.

:huggy: If you screw me over, you're out the door

Surprisingly, the new memberships have dropped a bit after karma was removed. We are, however, seeing old members post more than they had in the past.

Glad I did not bet a paycheck on this. :lol:

Thanks - just curiosity...

My theory is this:

Obviously now that karma is gone, people are more willing to post and have discussions without the annoyance of nasty karma comments from mpds.

true... I see "old account" with low posts now actively participating...

And the lower membership registration is because the tards have no reason to create a zillion mpds to use for karma purposes. See, they had a good chance at not being caught with karma because most people wouldn't complain about it - they'd just stop posting. Now they are openly busted and it takes them significantly more time and effort to create an mpd than it does for me to delete that mpd if it gets out of line on the board..

Interesting take - never looked at it this way - I saw the MPD now as being used to slam someone openly... but this does not explain the lower account creation. Blown theory I guess...

They:
Create yahoo email account for mpd.
Register mpd on forums.
Wait for their account to be approved.
Post nastygram.

Me:
Click. Bye bye.

That is a PIA. Is there anyway that we can streamline this process?

Don't care who you are - but this is funny! :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I saw the MPD now as being used to slam someone openly...

That's always been the case. MPDs have been around for that purpose since we started the forums over 10 years ago. Some people would create their own stalkers. Some would create a sock puppet to agree with their crazy opinions.

You kind of have to wonder about people who need a zillion mpds in order to function in life.

D

dems4me

You kind of have to wonder about people who need a zillion mpds in order to function in life.

:yeahthat: How can someone remember a bazillion user names and passwords? :crazy: Can you picture someone having to sit down and pull out their somd username sheet and passwords :roflmao: Those people scare me. :lol: