Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Steely Dan;
ZZ Top - many times - they took me and my g.f. to dinner;
Chuck Magione
The Tubes
OJ Simpson
Others I can't remember.

I drove a limo in the 80's.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I was at a club in Memphis drunk and met Rick Flair. He looked like hell and was very short. I lied and said "I am a big fan, would you body slam my friend" and pointed to my neighbor who was out with us. He just rolled his eyes and walked off. :lol:
I didn't think he was that short, but then everyone seems tall to me. :lmao:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Vanessa Carlton
Jimmy Buffett
Steny Hoyer
Tom Brokaw
Joe Scarborough from morning joe
G. Gordon Liddy

:shrug:

(many NASCAR drivers)
(many NHRA drivers)
(a few people from WNBC NBC New York)
(a few of the NBC Washington pundits, including Lindsey Czarniak)
(many ESPN pundits)

Last edited by a moderator:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
:hot: Lucky you!

Hell and that was BEFORE he even made it to WWE, for a while there OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling, a pro wrestling promotion based in my hometown of Louisville KY) was a developmental camp for WWE. That's where many wrestlers, including Batista, got their start.
Dude was huge then, he's just MORE ripped now.

Cowgirl

Kewl! The person I met was Cal Ripken Jr.

I was so flabbergasted, but tried to remain cool.. I think I failed.
:killingme

I would have drooled on him! :lol:

My sister and I were at the airport near the baggage claim once and we saw Newt Gingrich waiting for him luggage. My sister was too shy to go up to him, so I went up to him and asked if we could each take a picture with him. He said yes, after he got his bags. :lol: My sister has the pictures, and yes, his head really *is* huge. :lol:

I also saw Wolf Blitzer in one of the food areas at BWI. I didn't talk to him though, he seemed pretty busy.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was at a club in Memphis drunk and met Rick Flair. He looked like hell and was very short. I lied and said "I am a big fan, would you body slam my friend" and pointed to my neighbor who was out with us. He just rolled his eyes and walked off. :lol:
:lmao:
How long ago was this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I drove a limo in the 80's.

I worked at the auditorium where they held the concerts in Lincoln, so I've met all kinds of music stars - Van Halen, ZZ Top, Jefferson Starship, etc, etc. I didn't act like a dork because most of them beat me to it - buncha PITAs. Except ZZ Top, they were really nice. And Al Stewart was nice.

I have a picture of us - me, Larry and the kids - with King Kong Bundy. :jet:

W

Wenchy

I met Linda Hamilton in the early 90's. (Terminator/Beauty and the Beast) I sold her a pretty jacket and never let on that I knew it was her. I also managed to increase the sale at the counter. :lol: She was very real and "normal".

In the mid 80's I hung out in Georgetown at Champions (a sport's bar) Many Redskins hung out there. I iggied them all (I never liked sports, but knew the bartender...free drinks :dance:) I think my sister dated a few.

I met Susan Lucci (sp?) in 1981. I worked for Hecht's back then and there was some kind of mall publicity event...she came into the store and my dept. All I remember is she was pretty.

I had dinner with Neil Armstrong when I was 6 years old or so (I only remember the name and he had walked on the moon or something) Same with Strom Thurmond and I only remember the adults talking about his young wife. I hope I behaved. :lol:

I met James Dickey when I was 10. He was a pervert and child molester. I'll stand by those words and never take them back. No wonder his twisted mind came up with "Deliverance". Truly a sick man, but a great writer.

One of my neatest meetings was with Pat Conroy's brother when I was about 10 as well. He knew I was a voracious reader and gave me a signed copy of his brother's book, "The River is Wide". I have moved so many times since then and have no idea where that book is, but the memory remains. His brother was our neighbor for a short time and I became a fan of Conroy's books.

That's all I can think of for now. :lol:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I met Sugar Ray Leonard at the DMV a loooong time ago. He was pretty nice.

I met the drummer from Sheila E's band at a Prince, Purple Rain concert. :lol:

God, you know what? I know there are more, I just cannot remember right now. :doh:

Those two stand out because they crack me up! :roflmao:

W

Wenchy

I met Sugar Ray Leonard at the DMV a loooong time ago. He was pretty nice.

I met the drummer from Sheila E's band at a Prince, Purple Rain concert. :lol:

God, you know what? I know there are more, I just cannot remember right now. :doh:

Those two stand out because they crack me up! :roflmao:

We are old.

I touched Lionel Ritchie...WOO-HOO! when he was a part of the Commodores. Front seat center stage at the Capital Center. I was little miss innocent prude. He sang "Brick House" to flat chested/butted
/little me (or so it seemed) I danced and smiled my ass off.

There were benefits when working at Hecht's. :yay:

:offtopic: Did you hear Chico's is in big trouble?

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Eric Lindros - When he was playing for Philly - :hot:
John LeClair
Rod Brindamour
Dan Mcgillis

Tommy Page
Sweet Sensation - way back in the day

Penny Hardaway
at that time played for the Orlando Magic

Jeff and Matt Hardy
Lita

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
We are old.

:offtopic: Did you hear Chico's is in big trouble?

:shocked: no! where did you hear that? It's probably because they had a really crappy line of clothes this year. :barf: The staples were still great - AND the jewelry of course - but they did the animal print thing (amongst others) and it wasn't $$ worthy. IMO.

L

lugebob

I have met many famous and semi famous because of the sport/business Im in. Extreme and main line sport figures, TV and movie actors, CEO's, heads of state, Models,news anchors and reporters. The first few times I had no idea how to act, until I got to hang or party with many of them off camera and away from their crew. So far all of them I've met are regular broken wretches like the rest of us and the famous part is just their job. Wanna make friends with em? Dont talk about what makes them famous, talk about normal stuff like family, work and places they have visited.

Since we are dropping names.
Gabriel Reese Volley Ball Champ
Cindy Crawford
Andy MacDonald
Tony Hawk
Diane Sawyer Good Morning America
Don Dyler ABC News
Shaq
Lucy Liu
LL Cool J
Joan Jet and Lita Ford (in High School as the Runaways)
Foo Fighters (Private Party)
Mayor of Cape Town
CEO of Red Bull
Holly Morris Channel 5
Elliot from DC 101
Andy Lally
and a few other lesser known off network show hosts

Last edited by a moderator:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
The Tubes:yay:
OJ Simpson:jameo:
:lmao:

I touched Lionel Ritchie...WOO-HOO!

I touched Joey Ramone (RIP) and shook hands with Dave Wakeling of The English Beat and Jeff Tweedy & Nels Cline of Wilco :dreamy:

Eric Lindros - When he was playing for Philly - :hot:
Jeff Hardy
:drool: & :hot:

Tony Hawk
LL Cool J

I had a HUGE crush on Tony Hawk when he was 16.... LL Cool J is so yummy.

Bruce Springsteen used to call my brother's house... one of the members of Marah was living with my brother and Bruce and Marah were recording things together...