Hello.

Mikeru

I just moved to the California, MD a couple weeks ago after graduation for a job. At this point I haven't yet figured out what exactly there is to do in the area to meet people around my age (22 y/o), do for fun, and is interesting that doesn't involve going to bars. What are some of the things y'all like to do? What are the local hotspots in your opinion?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Wecome! I don't do anything. I'm old, but there are a bunch of young'ns on here that can introduce you to life in Southern Maryland. Where are you from?

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/538; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Do u ride?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Play sports? There are a couple of adult Rec & Park leagues around the county? Plenty of opportunities to fish (salt and fresh) canoe/kayak, rentals in Leonardtown near the Food Lion.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I just moved to the California, MD a couple weeks ago after graduation for a job. At this point I haven't yet figured out what exactly there is to do in the area to meet people around my age (22 y/o), do for fun, and is interesting that doesn't involve going to bars. What are some of the things y'all like to do? What are the local hotspots in your opinion?
The best place to meet women in St. Mary's is a family reunion

helloween

Kayaking
Boating
Sailing
Fishing
Crabbing
Camping
State Parks
Historical Sites (St. Mary's City, Sotterly, Point Lookout)
Maryland International Raceway

If you do happen to venture out to the bars, check these ones out, they're your best bet for meeting people your age:

Tiki Bar in Solomons Island
Catamarans in Solomons Island
The Green Door in Park Hall

Last edited:

Mikeru

what do you like to do?

Let's see, I'm kind of a stereotypical geeky individual in this sense... I have a lot of geeky interests shared by most in my field of software engineering. But, since my job revolves around computers, I'm finding myself coming home and wanting to diverge from these more stereotypical activities that I'm used to... like computers, videogames, anime, etc. aka getting out more :p.

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/538; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Do u ride?

As in motorcycles? No, but I've been torn on getting a GSXR-600 or CBR-600 for a first bike... although I've noticed my priorities have been shifting lately, so who knows I may get neither and just put the money towards a deposit on a house. :cds:

As in equestrian riding, no... although I'm up for giving it a try.

do you knit?

No, but as an engineering-minded individual, I do sew for a hobby.

Play sports? There are a couple of adult Rec & Park leagues around the county? Plenty of opportunities to fish (salt and fresh) canoe/kayak, rentals in Leonardtown near the Food Lion.

Only sport I would be interested in playing is soccer, and I'm pretty rusty.

What are the best state parks around here for hiking?

do you have any kids?

Nadda.

The best place to meet women in St. Mary's is a family reunion

Hahahaha.

Kayaking
Boating
Sailing
Fishing
Crabbing
Camping
State Parks
Historical Sites (St. Mary's City, Sotterly, Point Lookout)
Maryland International Raceway

If you do happen to venture out to the bars, check these ones out, they're your best bet for meeting people your age:

Tiki Bar in Solomons Island
Catamarans in Solomons Island
The Green Door in Park Hall

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look into some of these. I do enjoy the outdoors, but I generally go solo as I don't know many people who enjoy exploring wetlands looking for reptiles and amphibians :p.

Last edited:
OK, don't advertise the sewing thing...
Good plan on saving for a house. Now is the time to buy.
The base has adult soccer leagues.
Saint Mary's Lake is about a 6 mile hike (I'm guessing).
Again, don't advertise the looking for reptiles thing.
For chicks try Solomons Island in the summer. They migrate north in the winter.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
No, but as an engineering-minded individual, I do sew for a hobby.

hmmmm, can you follow patterns?

OK, don't advertise the sewing thing...
Good plan on saving for a house. Now is the time to buy.
The base has adult soccer leagues.
Saint Mary's Lake is about a 6 mile hike (I'm guessing).
Again, don't advertise the looking for reptiles thing.
For chicks try Solomons Island in the summer. They migrate north in the winter.

:smack: SHHHHHH!!! I was hoping he might want to knit me a baby blanket, better yet, he can sew me some baby clothes :shrug:

For kayaking, go to Bluhaven Piers in Ridge.
St. Mary's lake is fun with a mountain bike.
Cold Blooded creatures a plenty, from all kinds of skinks, lizards, turtles, frogs, snakes..... lots to spot. My son finds them all.
Speaking of wildlife, otters are playing with their pups, birds of prey (eating said pups), dolphins, skate, albino deer in the woods at St. Mary's City, just to name a few.
OH, also, visit SO MD, So Good local buying campaign, visit all or most of the local farms buy some fresh good for you food grown in this county :dance:

Welcome :howdy:

Last edited: