Hello.

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
Holy crap you are like my mirror image. I just graduated in Computer Engineering, got a job in software engineering, age 23, just moved up here 2 weeks ago, have absolutely no idea what to do, I play video games, watch anime, read manga, play tennis, and I have no idea what to do or where to hang out up here.

I dunno would prolly be pretty good friends haha. Really looking for people to hang out with / chill when I don't want to sit in front of the computer for hours.

EDIT: Oh yeah I played soccer for something like 14 years before college.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Holy crap you are like my mirror image. I just graduated in Computer Engineering, got a job in software engineering, age 23, just moved up here 2 weeks ago, have absolutely no idea what to do, I play video games, watch anime, read manga, play tennis, and I have no idea what to do or where to hang out up here.

I dunno would prolly be pretty good friends haha. Really looking for people to hang out with / chill when I don't want to sit in front of the computer for hours.

EDIT: Oh yeah I played soccer for something like 14 years before college.

have access to the base?

Either as a contractor or govie, opens up a lot of ooportunities. Intramural leagues.. MWR. ITT Trips..

There's a HUGE sailing club, where you can learn how to sail, and even take out boats on your own, or race as part of a crew.

Bowling leagues..

Just get involved.. even volunterring you will meet a LOT of people in all age groups..

For every 10 guys your age and your experience there may be 2 matching of the opposite sex..

80% of the women are involved and doing stuff, while maybe 20% of the guys are (not to include bar hopping), Most guys are at home drinking beer and playing PS3.. .. If you get involved in somethings you'll find the women out number the men, and have fun while out meeting them.

C

citizen_fear

have access to the base?

Either as a contractor or govie, opens up a lot of ooportunities. Intramural leagues.. MWR. ITT Trips..

There's a HUGE sailing club, where you can learn how to sail, and even take out boats on your own, or race as part of a crew.

Bowling leagues..

Just get involved.. even volunterring you will meet a LOT of people in all age groups..

For every 10 guys your age and your experience there may be 2 matching of the opposite sex..

80% of the women are involved and doing stuff, while maybe 20% of the guys are (not to include bar hopping), Most guys are at home drinking beer and playing PS3.. .. If you get involved in somethings you'll find the women out number the men, and have fun while out meeting them.

He doesn't ride bikes but is willing to try horse back riding, sews for a hobby and is fixed on reptiles.......think your assuming with the opposite sex scenario you presented.

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
have access to the base?

Bowling leagues..

I will have base access very soon, but not yet. Just started my job this week, but that does sound very promising maybe I should just drop tennis and pick up soccer again.

Anyways, this is prolly weird. Especially on an internet forum but Mikeru, for the interest of meeting new people in a new town we should totally hang out. Send me a PM or hit me up on AIM, Almightyspork111.

Last edited:
C

citizen_fear

I will have base access very soon, but not yet. Just started my job this week, but that does sound very promising maybe I should just drop tennis and pick up soccer again.

Anyways, this is prolly weird. Especially on an internet forum but Mikeru, for the interest of meeting new people in a new town we should totally hang out. Send me a PM or hit me up on AIM, Almightyspork111.

:yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
OK, don't advertise the sewing thing...Good plan on saving for a house. Now is the time to buy.
The base has adult soccer leagues.
Saint Mary's Lake is about a 6 mile hike (I'm guessing).
Again, don't advertise the looking for reptiles thing.
For chicks try Solomons Island in the summer. They migrate north in the winter.

:roflmao:

Mikeru

Really, I'm perplexed by the perception that my ability to mend my own clothes, sew my own collared button-up shirts, etc. somehow puts into question my sexuality. Really, as far as I'm concerned, sewing is a practical and useful skill. It's quite comical to think that somehow my heterosexuality is threatened by my ability to tailor my own clothes.

*shrugs*

And reptiles and amphibians are some of the most fascinating animals on the planet... if somehow not be scared of creepy crawly things is a negative attribute and thinking they're interesting makes me strange, so be it.

This forum is proving to be interesting. Perhaps I'll have more amusement than I thought.

Last edited:

tygrace

Really, I'm perplexed by the perception that my ability to mend my own clothes, sew my own collared button-up shirts, etc. somehow puts into question my sexuality. Really, as far as I'm concerned, sewing is a practical and useful skill. It's quite comical to think that somehow my heterosexuality is threatened by my ability to tailor my own clothes.

*shrugs*

And reptiles and amphibians are some of the most fascinating animals on the planet... if somehow not be scared of creepy crawly things is a negative attribute and thinking they're interesting makes me strange, so be it.

This forum is proving to be interesting. Perhaps I'll have more amusement than I thought.

Without a doubt, you'll have amusement on this forum!!

Trust me, a woman doesn't find anything wrong with a man that knows how to sew. As far as reptiles/amphibians, what male isn't curious about nature? You'll be fine with the ladies, at least the right ones anyway.

C

citizen_fear

*shrugs*

You will dude and don't take things personal on here, you have the viewpoint of thousands on what we read and how we interpret it. We try and find humor or controversy in everything presented.....I have an Uncle who is a Navy S.E.A.L. and he can sew like Betsy Ross........:buddies:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I just moved to the California, MD a couple weeks ago after graduation for a job. At this point I haven't yet figured out what exactly there is to do in the area to meet people around my age (22 y/o), do for fun, and is interesting that doesn't involve going to bars. What are some of the things y'all like to do? What are the local hotspots in your opinion?

:howdy:

steeler_chick

Definitely volunteer... I know the schools could always use mentors , Places like Sotterly, Historic St. Mary's City or Hospice...You will learn a lot and meet really really nice people

Beta84

They're out to get us
have access to the base?

Bowling leagues..

good advice...i really need to look at that myself. Bob is right, there really aren't that many women in town that are available and without children :lmao:

hmm two new young engineers that aren't from around here, like me. we should all party :buddies: