Hello.

L

luckystar

:clap: Excellent idea. We already have the Tards, so I shall name your new group of friends the Nerd Herd :nerd: Quick, buy a personal forum and invite me in. I'd love to learn how to sew :hot:

:lol:

Welcome Mike! :howdy:

I'm all over this idea. I need a dungeon master :lol:

Let's see, I'm kind of a stereotypical geeky individual in this sense... I have a lot of geeky interests shared by most in my field of software engineering. But, since my job revolves around computers, I'm finding myself coming home and wanting to diverge from these more stereotypical activities that I'm used to... like computers, videogames, anime, etc. aka getting out more :p.

As in motorcycles? No, but I've been torn on getting a GSXR-600 or CBR-600 for a first bike... although I've noticed my priorities have been shifting lately, so who knows I may get neither and just put the money towards a deposit on a house. :cds:

As in equestrian riding, no... although I'm up for giving it a try.

No, but as an engineering-minded individual, I do sew for a hobby.

Only sport I would be interested in playing is soccer, and I'm pretty rusty.

What are the best state parks around here for hiking?

Nadda.

Hahahaha.

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look into some of these. I do enjoy the outdoors, but I generally go solo as I don't know many people who enjoy exploring wetlands looking for reptiles and amphibians :p.
Sounds like you would be a good person to volunteer with a Boy Scout Troop if you like to hike and trapse thru swamps. Maybe be a merit badge counselor for the reptile/amphibian/mammal studdy merit badges?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:clap: Excellent idea. We already have the Tards, so I shall name your new group of friends the Nerd Herd :nerd: Quick, buy a personal forum and invite me in. I'd love to learn how to sew :hot:

:lol:

Welcome Mike! :howdy:
I'm a :nerd: and I can sew, embroider, crochet and knit...and I have diet pepsi. I got you covered. :love:

And dont forget they need to have tape on their glasses that hold them together.
Dang it and I just got new glasses.

Sounds like you would be a good person to volunteer with a Boy Scout Troop if you like to hike and trapse thru swamps. Maybe be a merit badge counselor for the reptile/amphibian/mammal studdy merit badges?

Work it Scout Master!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
call me biatch. I need to excite you. I'm wrung up today like a pair of twisted panties on a clothes line.
:faint: that was me yesterday.... and the person who did the untwisting last night got the job done - but thats all I can say about that :rollingeyes:

will you do a better job :hot:

SoMDGirl42

:faint: that was me yesterday.... and the person who did the untwisting last night got the job done - but thats all I can say about that :rollingeyes:

will you do a better job :hot:

ummmmmm no. this is not a good wrung up kinda of day, this is a "I borrowed miggy's crazy card deck" kinda day. :burning:

:drama: that's about all I can say about that!

Mikeru

There are probably a lot of engineers in this area due to the contractors in the area... but most aren't young, rather 10+ years older than myself with families... like my co-workers. :doh: Still, the job and pay is good, so for now I'm just trying to make the best of my situation and just be thankful I have a good job right out of college.

Anyways, Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice, I'll be sure to check out the Calvert Marine Museum (I think I got a coupon booklet in the mail with some discount/advertisement for it).

Although, I don't think I'll get used to the shock of how expensive it is to live down here considering it's location...

Beta84

They're out to get us
There are probably a lot of engineers in this area due to the contractors in the area... but most aren't young, rather 10+ years older than myself with families... like my co-workers. :doh: Still, the job and pay is good, so for now I'm just trying to make the best of my situation and just be thankful I have a good job right out of college.

Anyways, Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice, I'll be sure to check out the Calvert Marine Museum (I think I got a coupon booklet in the mail with some discount/advertisement for it).

Although, I don't think I'll get used to the shock of how expensive it is to live down here considering it's location...

yeah that's the same attitude i took. the cost of living down here is ludicrous considering the crappy location. Oh well. All my coworkers are around 10+ yrs older than me, but it's gotten slightly better lately. I don't hang out w/ my coworkers...met most of the people I knew through the forums. That was a mistake too, bunch of crazy mfers on here :ohwell:

T

toppick08

yeah that's the same attitude i took. the cost of living down here is ludicrous considering the crappy location. Oh well. All my coworkers are around 10+ yrs older than me, but it's gotten slightly better lately. I don't hang out w/ my coworkers...met most of the people I knew through the forums. That was a mistake too, bunch of crazy mfers on here :ohwell:

:eyebrow:

C

citizen_fear

we're in the middle of nowhere...i don't care if DC is 1.5 hrs away, there's no reason in the world why our prices should be as high as they are.

Think they adjust prices hoping outsiders will leave. :whistle:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I am not. :diva: And you do too. :mad:

Just for this, I'm beating your butt when you come to work today. :wench:

Beta84

They're out to get us
I am not. :diva: And you do too. :mad:

Just for this, I'm beating your butt when you come to work today. :wench:

ok you're the coworker that showed me the forums and you are my favorite person in town to hang out with. :love:

that butt beating hurt :frown: