Help for a stray

frequentflier

happy to be living
You can still see a collar indentation? Wow... this kitty's in pretty bad shape for still being able to see that. Hope there's nothing to scan, I'd be worried about who this guy was going back to.

More that the hair was missing around his/her neck where a collar would have been.

L

luckystar

So DosGattos, FF sent you off with food and litter, would you still like to meet up for some more at Petco? Couldn't hurt, but I also don't want to postpone a vet visit. Let me know how things work out.

Also, just gave myself some peace of mind... called All Kinds for what kind of price range to expect if kitty needs IV fluids:

Exam cost: $46
+ $20 or so for fluids. Much more affordable than I expected. If the bill goes a little over the supplied funds, let me know so I can help out. If the estimate you guys get is more than that, the number to All Kinds is 301 994 9919.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
You know it's a male or female?

Actually, it was so scarred up we really couldn't tell. Dos and I were thinking fixed male. Also, yesterday I thought for sure it was very young, but after seeing it a little more today I'm not sure of that right now either. It's in pretty bad shape. At the very least flea dermatitis has done some damage. Regardless, it's off the street for now. A great big thanks to DosGattos. Hopefully a vet visit will bring some good news. If it is felv/fiv positive, I feel Dos will do what ever is best for the cat and I for one would not question her decision (what ever that may be). If it's a worse case senario, at least the end for this critter can be peaceful. For now all we can do is stay positive.

Thanks again DosGattos. Hopefully this will all end on a great note!!

Last edited:
L

luckystar

Actually, it was so scarred up we really couldn't tell. Dos and I were thinking fixed male. Also, yesterday I thought for sure it was very young but after seeing it a little more today I'm not sure of that right now either. It's in pretty bad shape. At the very least flea dermatitis has done some damage. Regardless, it's off the street for now. A great big thanks to DosGattos. Hopefully a vet visit will bring some good news. If it is felv/fiv positive, I feel Dos would do what ever's is best for the cat and I for one would not question her decision (what ever that may be). If it's a worse case senario, at least the end for this critter can be peaceful. For now all we can do is stay positive.

Thanks again DosGattos. Hopefully this will all end on a great note!!

:yeahthat::yahoo:

Fastest rescue I've seen happen on the boards since I've been on here!

L

luckystar

I'm not sure I can make it tonight at that time. You're pretty close to me. If you wanted to swing by and pick up the litter box, that would work.

It's okay, keep it as a spare. I'll pick one up while I'm at Petco.

I'm so glad all this happened so fast and turned out so well with so many donations. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

DosGattos

I would like to thank everyone for helping out with the kitty rescue. He/she seems very friendly but a little skittish. I haven't gotten a vet appointment yet but I am working on it. Hopefully, that will come through as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't have anything serious or contagious. I'm optimistic that with some love and TLC and a nice visit to the vet that this kitty will be ok.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I would like to thank everyone for helping out with the kitty rescue. He/she seems very friendly but a little skittish. I haven't gotten a vet appointment yet but I am working on it. Hopefully, that will come through as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't have anything serious or contagious. I'm optimistic that with some love and TLC and a nice visit to the vet that this kitty will be ok.

Let us know if you need anything.

DosGattos

I just got back from the vet's office. We took her over to All Kinds. She came back negative on the combo test!! YAY!! She has a slight heart murmur and is/was infested with fleas and ticks. They gave her capstar for the fleas and frontline. We have to wait a few days and watch her scratching. If she isn't excessively scratching she can be put on antibiotics. After that she can get her vaccines. She might 4 years old or even 10. We don't know for sure but she does need a name. Any suggestions??

belvak

Happy Camper
I just got back from the vet's office. We took her over to All Kinds. She came back negative on the combo test!! YAY!! She has a slight heart murmur and is/was infested with fleas and ticks. They gave her capstar for the fleas and frontline. We have to wait a few days and watch her scratching. If she isn't excessively scratching she can be put on antibiotics. After that she can get her vaccines. She might 4 years old or even 10. We don't know for sure but she does need a name. Any suggestions??

:yahoo: As for names, "Lucky", "Angel", "Gabriella" or "Gabby" (for the angel), "Frannie" (Patron St. of animals), or, my FAVORITE, "Gertie" for Gertrude, the Patron Saint of Cats!!

St. Gertrude, patron saint of cats

frequentflier

happy to be living

:cartwheel. Cattitude was right- she is a she! She has such a big face-maybe because she is so thin, her head looks really big. I thought she looked like a male cat. She was someone's pet once. Glad she is on the mend...