help

abbey

abbey normal
avoidant said:
I really didn't want to do this. People in forums can be really horrible to people like myself that are different sometimes. No offense I don't really know any of you but I hope you don't make fun of me. I have a really crippling case of social anxiety and have a difficult time going out anywhere and feeling comfortable. Crowds of people make me sick to my stomach and my medication hasn't helped much. As a result I'm very solitary, people must think I'm pretty strange. I'm also very lonely. Anyway I wanted to know if there's some place I can go to meet people that suck at life like me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much. Please don't make fun of me.
Do you have any hobbies maybe you could join a local club and meet people with similar interest, sometimes when you have common interest it makes starting conversations a bit easier.

avoidant

no one special
Homesick said:
Consider this you're first step to recovery...if you had the guts posting here knowing how horribly mean forum peeps can be to others (especially this one) this seriously is an important step.

:yay:

Good luck and be good to yourself.

thank you

avoidant

no one special
migtig said:
Are you in counseling at all? Sometimes graduating from one-on-one counseling to group counseling can help you interact, work on your social skills and realize you aren't so alone.

I too suggest finding something you really like to do, ie reading perhaps, and joining a "club". I know the Leonardtown library has several different book clubs that meet once a month to discuss books and maybe have some coffee together. You don't even have to talk much. :wink: Showing up and smiling at any social function is HUGE - go for it. Then if you find you like one person try talking one on one and then say hey maybe one day we can hang out, exchange numbers and so on until you have met one on one every member of the club. Number one, it will give you great practice on social interaction and two, you might actually make a really good friend.

Lastly, stop being hard on yourself. Not everybody is meant to be a social butterfly. :huggy:

thanks. i was being hard on myself so maybe other people wouldn't be that much. people can be so critical sometimes.

Angel

~*~*~
abbey said:
Do you have any hobbies maybe you could join a local club and meet people with similar interest, sometimes when you have common interest it makes starting conversations a bit easier.
:yeahthat: In order to make friends in your own comfort zone, you have to find friends with a common interest.

meangirl

Nice lady!
avoidant said:
wellbutrin, i've tried a lot of stuff.

How long have you been taking it? It takes a while to work. You know, if you *try* to act upbeat you will soon start to feel that way.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
meangirl said:
How long have you been taking it? It takes a while to work. You know, if you *try* to act upbeat you will soon start to feel that way.
:yeahthat: Exercise is also great for feeling good in your head!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
avoidant said:
that's true but i don't really like to do anything.
Me neither.

Attachments

• debbie d.JPG
    debbie d.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 66

avoidant

no one special
meangirl said:

really i try, i think my brain is broken though. it doesn't produce the chemicals or something.