Hey! Who do you think you are?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Kain99 said:
Wanna know something really, really, really scary? She a straight A student! :lmao:

Which is not surprising at all. It's the smarter kids who are the most rebellious when they become bored in school. Had a kid who did the same thing. They do survive. And so will she.

In the military it's OK to hold feelings like she does. It's only with maturity that they learn when it is inappropriate to state them in inappropriate forums.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I liked Mig's reply. Your daughter's real education will start in bootcamp. The teacher might have just been trying to tell you that questioning any official policy isn't well recieved in the military.

flowerchild

Hairy Harry
flowerchild said:
IT'S BECAUSE OF PARENTS LAUGHING THESE THINGS OFF, COMBINED WITH THE AUTOMATIC DEFENSE RESPONSE THAT YOU ARE DISPLAYING THAT ALLOWS TODAY'S YOUTH TO BE THE LAZY SELF CENTERED MESS THEY ARE. YOU'D HAVE A LOT STRONGER CASE IF THIS THGESIS WAS AT LEAST WELL WRITTEN WHO'S FAULT WOULD THAT BE?

Thanks to all of you who called me on this. I have been dealing with a difficult teen who is a product of parents who laughed things off rather than confronting the issue. My response was angry, bitter and poorly written. It was far more an expession of my personal frustrations than an appropriate comment on this thread. I'm glad to hear she's a straight A student and I wish her the very best in the navy.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Ken King said:
I see nothing wrong with the concept of her thesis statement, though readability and grammar could use some work. The fact that she finds fault with what we do and have done is admirable as I too share some of those feelings. It is immaterial that she has entered into the delayed entrance program for the Navy, she, as an American, is entitled to her view and opinion.

What I find disturbing is that the educator has reduced Mid East policy to simply the war. It is much more than that and an adult that has taken on the task of molding minds should be more aware of that or maybe they should practice what they preach and look for more subjective employment.
:yeahthat:
And Delayed Enlistment is considered "formally" a member?
So she is subject to the UCMJ in high school, even before going to boot camp and knowing what is IN the UCMJ?
:confused:

K

Kain99

pvineswinger said:
So she is subject to the UCMJ in high school, even before going to boot camp and knowing what is IN the UCMJ?
In the case of most DEP's they are not formally a member until their last trip to MEPS and their swearing in. Rachel is formally a member because she accepted money and signed a contract not to change her mind.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Kain99 said:
In the case of most DEP's they are not formally a member until their last trip to MEPS and their swearing in. Rachel is formally a member because she accepted money and signed a contract not to change her mind.
So she is subject to rules/laws that she doesn't even know yet?
That seems a little odd.

Pete

Repete
Kain99 said:
OMG! HA! Everything is ok now... Mr. L called me and explained his major concern. Rachel is going to be slaughtered in boot camp. She's a smart azz!

I said yes sir, this is true..... We have warned her and are hoping that she doesn't end up scrubbing to many toilets with her toothbrush! :cartwheel
You might want to encourage her to get familiar with "push-up position" before she goes.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Pete said:
You might want to encourage her to get familiar with "push-up position" before she goes.
:yeahthat::lmao: and be sure to tell her not to check out the flight/squadron (whatever they call it) of guys when they're standing in formation near 'em. :whistle:

Kain99 said:
They told us she would be in Great Lakes... All women. :kiss:
Awww man! She is sooo lucky! That's where the "Lowrider's Bar & Grill" is and all the waiters dress like this...:yum:

Attachments

• jeans.jpg
    jeans.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 82

KayPee

Ucmj

pvineswinger said:
There is nothing in the UCMJ that keeps a military member from expressing their opinion in a school assignment even if it is critical of the current administration's position. Respectfully disagreeing with a government policy is not illegal under the UCMJ and will not prevent her from being successful in the military. She will just have to diligently carry out orders and execute policies that she doesn't agree with. Happens all of the time.

K

Kain99

I just saw this.... She has the UCMJ booklet laying on her bedroom floor... has to know it by next week. :lmao:

likitysplit

Kain99 said:

:bs:

She'll have a little thing we call 'moment of truth' in recruit training. If she's f'd up in any way during her DEP, she can be released but not charged under the UCMJ. This, even IF she has accepted a bonus. My guess is that she has not received any money yet and won't until she gets classified in the program she chose (asssume 6 year program w/24months of school)........am I corrrect on this?

I had the same attitude as her when I went in the Navy. Took me about 17 minutes to do a 180 degrees. Also has biceps you could swing from after all the damn pushups. SHE WILL LEARN TO CONTROL HER THOUGHTS. Uncle Sam owns her opinions once she dons the uniform. Make sure she understands that. If she doesn't, recommend she find an alternative choice to the military.

PN2(SW/AW)