High School Football This Weekend

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Wow just looked up the stats on NPHS!
Impressive. Well balanced offense, good defense. GMHS will have their hands full.
Out of pure ignorance: How do they figure out the final SMAC standings? I know the divisional breakdown on the State level, but you have three divisions here.

I hate to break it to you, but GMHS has no chance against North Point. Sorry.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I hate to break it to you, but GMHS has no chance against North Point. Sorry.

I know, but I can't wait to see the North Point and Huntingtown teams play. Both look awesome on paper with balanced offences and stacked Ds.

The line on Leonardtown beating Chopticon keeps getting bigger. A couple of LHS players were talking two TDs!
:killingme
Boy are they going to be surprised. I can see the headlines now:
"Braves squeak by Leonardtown Raiders' superb effort on offense and huge defensive stand".... (21-0 CHS wins. Buried on last line of Enterprise article)
:duel:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I know, but I can't wait to see the North Point and Huntingtown teams play. Both look awesome on paper with balanced offences and stacked Ds.

The line on Leonardtown beating Chopticon keeps getting bigger. A couple of LHS players were talking two TDs!
:killingme
Boy are they going to be surprised. I can see the headlines now:
"Braves squeak by Leonardtown Raiders' superb effort on offense and huge defensive stand".... (21-0 CHS wins. Buried on last line of Enterprise article)
:duel:

:high5: :lol:

smilin

BOXER NATION
I am assuming you are implying if there is a tie at seasons end. The only tie breaker is head to head record, if the teams tied at the top did not play each other then they are co-Smac champs. This scenario should play out this year with North Point and Huntington.

Gotcha, thanks.
:buddies:

DaBRAVES

QUOTE]

I would love to see this game also but it won't happen. They don't play during the regular season and NP is a 4A team and Huntingtown is a 3A team so they will not play in the playoffs either.

And if you think North Points stats are impressive, look up River Hill they dominated the 2A region the last 4 years and are on top of the 3A this year. I believe they allowed less than 40 points all last year and they played 14 games!!

smilin

BOXER NATION
Crazy stats

Arundel is rated #1 (North Point #2) in the 4A Division.

Here are some of Arundel's stats:
29 different players made tackles this season!
They have kicked only 3 punts this year.
Their #1 QB passed for 2100 yds & 37 TDs.
14 different kids scored 361 points!
13 kids had sacks.

Amazing.

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
Arundel is rated #1 (North Point #2) in the 4A Division.

Here are some of Arundel's stats:
29 different players made tackles this season!
They have kicked only 3 punts this year.
Their #1 QB passed for 2100 yds & 37 TDs.
14 different kids scored 361 points!
13 kids had sacks.

Amazing.

Just goes to show if you want to develop a winning team, you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
QUOTE]

I would love to see this game also but it won't happen. They don't play during the regular season and NP is a 4A team and Huntingtown is a 3A team so they will not play in the playoffs either.

And if you think North Points stats are impressive, look up River Hill they dominated the 2A region the last 4 years and are on top of the 3A this year. I believe they allowed less than 40 points all last year and they played 14 games!!

You are right. River Hill has had a strong football program for as far back as I can remember.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Just goes to show if you want to develop a winning team, you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I believe that's why it's called a: Team sport.
We played teams like these. You never knew who to defend or who was coming at you, because everybody was! Like a jailbreak. Scary feeling when all you see are the opposing team's jerseys - ALL of the opposing players on the field coming at YOU...:shocking:
Pettet on GMHS is 'on the bubble for All Met!" He was the kid who played both ways in the CHS game RB & LB - Big guy.
Guess who everyone on the opposing teams keyed on?

DaBRAVES

Pettet on GMHS is 'on the bubble for All Met!" He was the kid who played both ways in the CHS game RB & LB - Big guy.
Guess who everyone on the opposing teams keyed on?

To quote the Great Lee Corso..."Not so fast my friend!" Being on the All-Met team is extremely difficult. John Duckett was a senior LB in 1996. He received a full ride to Virginia had only received honorable mention honors. He was big, strong, and fast. While Petitt has good stats, size, and strength one thing he lacks is speed. The Metro area is loaded with talent at LB, and while it would be great for local players to get the recognition they deserve I think All-Met is a bit of a Stretch.

However, I would say at this point he is the All-County Defensive MVP though.

smilin

BOXER NATION
To quote the Great Lee Corso..."Not so fast my friend!" Being on the All-Met team is extremely difficult. John Duckett was a senior LB in 1996. He received a full ride to Virginia had only received honorable mention honors. He was big, strong, and fast. While Petitt has good stats, size, and strength one thing he lacks is speed. The Metro area is loaded with talent at LB, and while it would be great for local players to get the recognition they deserve I think All-Met is a bit of a Stretch.

However, I would say at this point he is the All-County Defensive MVP though.

Washington Post Oct. 27, Sports section D3.
"In-Season All-Mets"
"On the Bubble Defense"
Linebackers:
Derrick Pettet, Great Mills, Sr
(I would post the link but can't find it)
:coffee:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Tonight's Games

Any St. Marys team have a chance of winning? Line?

LHS VS McDonough: McDonough by 20
CHS VS PAX HS: PAX 6
NP VS GMHS: NP 14
:popcorn:

chess

low 5... hi 5......
Washington Post Oct. 27, Sports section D3.
"In-Season All-Mets"
"On the Bubble Defense"
Linebackers:
Derrick Pettet, Great Mills, Sr
(I would post the link but can't find it)
:coffee:

Football | All-Met Watch | washingtonpost.com

On the Bubble | Defense
Defensive Linemen:
Josh Alexander, Westlake, Sr.; Jeremiah Attaochu, Carroll, Sr.; Lenden Augillard, Westlake, Sr.; Nick Bonhag, River Hill, Sr.; Keli Doe, Lake Braddock, Sr.; Greg Grant, Sherwood, Sr.; Jake Ruffing, Gonzaga, Sr.; Zavier Stringfellow, Battlefield, Jr.; Jay Whitmire, T.C. Williams, Sr.; Bernard Wolley, Seneca Valley, Jr.
Linebackers:
A.J. Bowman, Good Counsel, Sr.; Troy Gloster, Good Counsel, Sr.; Darryl Haley, Woodbridge, Sr.; Roger Hawkins, Quince Orchard, Sr.; Brent Kluge, River Hill, Sr.; Jamal Merritt, Sherwood, Jr.;
Derrick Pettet, Great Mills, Sr.; Chris Pitsenberger, Good Counsel, Sr.; Tyler Winkenson, McDonough, Sr.
Defensive Backs:
Collin Frazer, Woodbridge, Sr.; Jeremiah Johnson, Suitland, Sr.; Andrew Leonard, Oakton, Sr.; Larry Pinkard, Ballou, Sr.; Frank Tamakloe, Good Counsel, Sr.; Andrew Veith, Clarksburg, Sr.;
Lorenzo Waters, DeMatha, Sr.

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
Like Nacho said...

Braves win! Braves win! Braves win! (okay so you have to be an Atlanta Braves fan to get that one)

Braves - 7
Panthers - 6

smilin

BOXER NATION
GMHS -2
North Point - 26

Tough game. North Point had no idea what they were up against at the half.
They reorganized, forced a few mistakes, ramped up the running game, blocked better and won.
They have a very good defense, no better than GMHS though. Problem became GM's defense was on the field way too long and just wore out.

Congrats to Chopticon! Teach the Pax Panthers a little humility!
:buddies: