High School Football This Weekend

Zguy28

I heard that Great Mills players were running around the field at Leonardtown after their victory and flipping the bird and cursing at the fans and players from L-Town.

What's up with that?

JohnH

Not sure IF that story is true but, the game was at Great Mills, not at Leonardtown...Don't think there will be any "bird flipping" in Morganza this week!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I heard that Great Mills players were running around the field at Leonardtown after their victory and flipping the bird and cursing at the fans and players from L-Town.

What's up with that?

I heard that too. But the game was at GMHS; not L'town.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Not sure IF that story is true but, the game was at Great Mills, not at Leonardtown...Don't think there will be any "bird flipping" in Morganza this week!

Love going to CHS. Reminds me of stories about playing at West Virginia.
Coach said: "Make sure you wear your helmets - ALL the time".
LOL
Good place to play, great school spirit. Last year I saw a bunch of GMHS players walk to the concession stand. Soon they were surrounded by a few local boys who started heckling them. I just shook my head, walked away and thought that anybody who wants to take a swing at a fully equipped football player can go right ahead.
Can't wait for Friday. See you there.

:duel:

BTW - I didn't hear anything about "bird flipping", but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, nothing surprises me any more.

Zguy28

LOL
Good place to play, great school spirit. Last year I saw a bunch of GMHS players walk to the concession stand. Soon they were surrounded by a few local boys who started heckling them. I just shook my head, walked away and thought that anybody who wants to take a swing at a fully equipped football player can go right ahead.

BTW - I didn't hear anything about "bird flipping", but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, nothing surprises me any more.
That's sad. When I attended CHS, it wasn't like playing in Cleveland or Oakland.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LOL

Must have been the JV game, because last year, CHS Varsity played at GMHS on Halloween night.

I have been to every Varsity (and most) JV games since 2000, and the only time I ever recall any bad incidences between GMHS & CHS was at GMHS in 2002 or 03 (can't remember which date, but it was pretty bad), and during basketball season of 2003. I won't go into details but it was pretty bad as well.

JohnH

Don't think there will be too much trouble at the Great Mills vs Chopticon game.
This week should be fun...
The interesting one will be Chopticon at Leonardtown in Week 10 as a number of L-Town coaches and players are already calling it "their Super Bowl"...

smilin

BOXER NATION
Don't think there will be too much trouble at the Great Mills vs Chopticon game.
This week should be fun...
The interesting one will be Chopticon at Leonardtown in Week 10 as a number of L-Town coaches and players are already calling it "their Super Bowl"...

Heard that too.
Apparently they think CHS is an automatic win, so they are talking it up big time.
Think they might have a large, rude surprise.
When was the last time LHS beat Chopticon anyway?
:coffee:

golfer16

What's up with that?

not true at all. besides it was a miserable rainny night no one hung around and actually it was the leonardtown players who decided to act up with carless behavior, befor haltime a few decided to punch some GM player while he was on the ground in the endzone. it was pittyful and embarssing to LT team.

RayGun

not true at all. besides it was a miserable rainny night no one hung around and actually it was the leonardtown players who decided to act up with carless behavior, befor haltime a few decided to punch some GM player while he was on the ground in the endzone. it was pittyful and embarssing to LT team.

THANK YOU! For the first time (that I've seen) someone has said something that LHS did which was wrong. Number 7 for LHS was on top of Will Anderson punching him but did not get thrown out of the game - what's up with that? (wait Leonardtown has only good people and Great Mills doesn't) I wander what would have happen if it was a GM's player doing the punching. It would be Headline/Front Page news with pictures for the Enterprise this week "Great Mills Football Player Sends Leonardtown Player to St Mary's Hospital" If anyone notice the GM player got up and walked away. Hat's off to you Will !!!!
:yahoo:

Last edited:

smilin

BOXER NATION
THANK YOU! For the first time (that I've seen) someone has said something that LHS did which was wrong. Number 7 for LHS was on top of Will Anderson punching him but did not get thrown out of the game - what's up with that? (wait Leonardtown has only good people and Great Mills doesn't) I wander what would have happen if it was a GM's player doing the punching. It would be Headline/Front Page news with pictures for the Enterprise this week "Great Mills Football Player Sends Leonardtown Player to St Mary's Hospital" If anyone notice the GM player got up and walked away. Hat's off to you Will !!!!

Thanks for the correction.
Think they are planning to do this during their Super Bowl win over Chopticon?
:lmao:

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short

Thanks for the correction.
Think they are planning to do this during their Super Bowl win over Chopticon?
:lmao:

Unfortunately, LHS has a HUGE grudge against Chopticon this year and I fear that it will become ugly, especially since it's the last game of the season and unless CHS can beat Patuxent next week, neither team will have a chance of making it to the playoffs, so what's to lose? It's an even bigger county rivalry than LHS vs. GMHS or CHS vs. GMHS (this Friday by the way at CHS). I'm sure there's no love lost between them this year either! :lmao:

Hopefully both Coach Lisanti and Coach Pratley will do the right thing and warn their players not to lose their heads. (Bam, this means you!!!!)

Hats off to Will, indeed! I am good friends with his mom and know that she raised a great kid! I was at the game and saw the pre-halftime snit, but hats off to Coach Pratley to be quick in getting into the mix with his players and getting them off the field once he realized what was going on.

DaBRAVES

Heard that too.
Apparently they think CHS is an automatic win, so they are talking it up big time.
Think they might have a large, rude surprise.
When was the last time LHS beat Chopticon anyway?
:coffee:

The last time Leonardtown beat Chopticon was 1995.

smilin

BOXER NATION
The last time Leonardtown beat Chopticon was 1995.

No wonder they hold a grudge! Think CHS has a chance?
LHS's Pistol Pete (whatever) offence is turning out to be a squirt gun with a weak stream. :killingme
At least the Post sent a photographer and reporter to one of GMHS' games. The Emptyprise and the County paper have declared LHS the county darling (every year) with one win.
Chopticon is rated as one of the top football programs in the state and almost in the top 1000 in the US ( out of 8000+ schools) with only two wins. Why? Their super hard schedule. GMHS isn't, because theirs was so easy - all wins against losing teams (including LHS). Of course the Hornets will very abruptly be playing the best teams in the state.
I vote with my wallet. Everytime one of those nice, polite people offer me a paper in the grocery store - I look at the sports section - never see anything about GMHS and say no thanks.
:whistle: