Holding McCarthy’s Feet to the Fire

WingsOfGold

"Do what the Party wants or we'll kick you out of Congress" is Democrat behavior. The people of Gaetz's district elected him to represent *them*, not the corrupt Republican Party thugs.

Now, it happens that his district is the next one over from mine and, because the Gulf Coast is a thing, I'm in several FB and Reddit groups with people in Walton County and Pcola. They are overwhelmingly in favor of what Gaetz did and cheering him on. And it's not Democrats doing it because 1D is overwhelmingly Republican.

So I would say that Gaetz did his job and if Das Party doesn't like it, oh the **** well.
Yep, he showed em alright You know there is a slim possibility that Hakeems could be leader if they play their vote games again with a 4 person majority, bet that will make em happy.:rolleyes:

Hijinx

McCarthy had to make a lot of promises to gain the votes he needed to get to the Speakers Chair.
If you are worth a sht. they should vote for you without you having to make promises .
Then he reneged on his promises and was begging Pelosi to save him.

Is this who we need as speaker?

There is a slight possibility that Hakeem J, MF'er could become Speaker, but it isn't likely , and even he did if we had McCarthy working with the Democrats anyway and with Democrats still in the majority would it really make that much difference?

There is a good chance we can get a real Speaker out of this. Isn't that worth the risk?
I like Gingrich, but perhaps he is too tied into the Uni-party and to the Senior democrats to be right on this.

Hijinx

Listening to Hilary's opinion is so funny. Untrustworthy. Yes SHE is no credibility. Yes she has none.
How can this crooked piece of slime actually say those words about someone else when they describe her perfectly.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Pelosi will be homeless tomorrow, or rather officeless.

cleaning nancys office.jpg

22AcaciaAve

Total shiitshow, just gives the enemy more ammo one year from now come elections. Gaetz himself will be on the firing line for his reelection.

I have no sympathy for McCarthy. If he had tied border security to the CR he advanced I think he might have fared better. At least then he could take the high ground and say we got something for the compromise. This way all they got was pulling Ukraine funding which will be done anyway, just some other way. Big deal. So now the republicans are in a full blown civil war. Gaetz probably won't make it to his reelection. There are already a few republicans fully supporting expelling him. It will take 2/3 of the house to do it, but when you consider that all of the democrats will vote yes, they probably only need the moderate republicans in the house to do it.

So republicans head into next year's election with a candidate for president who probably can't win despite the fact that beating Joe Biden's record should be a slam dunk, and the house at war with each other. When you tack on the abortion issue that even Donald Trump recognizes as a losing proposition for republicans, it wouldn't surprise me to see democrats come out of the 2024 elections winning the presidency, taking back the house, and increasing their edge in the senate.

If it wasn't for the fact that I will be subjected to even more liberal policies on a national level, I could actually enjoy the republican implosion. They are being destroyed as a party and it isn't by the democrats. They are doing it all to themselves, freaking idiots.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So now the republicans are in a full blown civil war. Gaetz probably won't make it to his reelection. There are already a few republicans fully supporting expelling him.

That should be up to the people of his district, not the thugocracy in DC.

I probably shouldn't be surprised seeing so many people being all party loyal above all. **** the People, what do those tards know, amirite?

If they kick Gaetz out of Congress for not toeing the establishment Party line, that sets a really ugly precedent. But Republicans have always been their own worst enemies, so I fully expect them to shoot themselves...again.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I think the Gaetz backlash is strickly in Washington and some media outlets. Us, everyday Americans, were fist pumping and screaming "damn straight." The everyday working class will elect him back and that is all that matters.

I donated to him the other day.

WingsOfGold

I have no sympathy for McCarthy. If he had tied border security to the CR he advanced I think he might have fared better. At least then he could take the high ground and say we got something for the compromise. This way all they got was pulling Ukraine funding which will be done anyway, just some other way. Big deal. So now the republicans are in a full blown civil war. Gaetz probably won't make it to his reelection. There are already a few republicans fully supporting expelling him. It will take 2/3 of the house to do it, but when you consider that all of the democrats will vote yes, they probably only need the moderate republicans in the house to do it.

So republicans head into next year's election with a candidate for president who probably can't win despite the fact that beating Joe Biden's record should be a slam dunk, and the house at war with each other. When you tack on the abortion issue that even Donald Trump recognizes as a losing proposition for republicans, it wouldn't surprise me to see democrats come out of the 2024 elections winning the presidency, taking back the house, and increasing their edge in the senate.

If it wasn't for the fact that I will be subjected to even more liberal policies on a national level, I could actually enjoy the republican implosion. They are being destroyed as a party and it isn't by the democrats. They are doing it all to themselves, freaking idiots.
It will take 2/3 of the house to do it, but when you consider that all of the democrats will vote yes,
The irony of it all.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Even if Gaetz had excellent reasons, Republicans did not eject McCarthy. Eight Republicans can’t do anything by themselves. No, 208 Democrats ousted McCarthy with the help of some petulant backbenchers nursing personal vendettas. It is a political coup for the Dems.

Gaetz, who only yesterday was going on about McCarthy’s “secret deal” with Democrats, had no qualms sitting on the opposition side of the House plotting to oust a speaker who holds a rickety five-seat majority. If there was actually a brewing House rebellion, Gaetz would have been able to corral far more votes.

But Gaetz wanted to “break the fever” of DC, so he teamed up with minority leader Hakeem Jeffries, “the squad,” and Adam Schiff, and so on. Jeffries claimed he was supporting Gaetz’s efforts because Republicans have shown an “unwillingness to break from MAGA extremism in an authentic and comprehensive manner, House Democratic leadership will vote yes on the pending Republican Motion to Vacate the Chair.

The notion that Democrats are backing a leading MAGA loyalist because they want to temper the “extremism” of Republicans makes about as much sense as Jamaal Bowman’s fire alarm story. Democrats keep pretending they yearn for a more responsible GOP and stable political environment, then keep supporting every fringe effort and candidate to undermine both.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I’m going to respectfully disagree with Newt Gingrich, practically every conservative radio host, and most of my PJ Media friends: House Speaker Kevin McCarthy deserved to be sent to the cornfield.

There is a tumulus of reasons why pink-slipping the former Speaker was a bad idea. But there is something larger to be discussed.

McCarthy knew the rules and he broke them. He knew that handing the Democrats everything they wanted in the stopgap bill, most notably a pallet o’ cash for Ukraine, was a death knell. He did it anyway. Which rule was McCarthy going to break next? Some of the smartest people in the media believe the 2024 election may be our final chance to save the nation from Marxism. Do you really want a mushy squishy as a Speaker? I don’t.

I always considered McCarthy a RINO. I was nauseated when he became Speaker. That said, I was honestly surprised with some of his moves. However, continuing to throw mad stacks at the money-laundering nation of Ukraine is insane. More importantly, it tells me he is one of them, a globalist who may or may not be riding the Ukraine gravy train.

America’s uniparty continues to send mad stacks to one of the most corrupt nations on the planet, yet when 25% of our military personnel complained they didn’t make enough of a salary to feed their families, they were told to apply for food stamps.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the Gaetz backlash is strickly in Washington and some media outlets. Us, everyday Americans, were fist pumping and screaming "damn straight." The everyday working class will elect him back and that is all that matters.

You bet. I'm on a few Gulf Coast social media groups and Gaetz's constituents are largely cheering him on. That's why our overlords want to take it upon themselves to overturn an election :smile: because they know they can't punish him at the polls.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Even if Gaetz had excellent reasons, Republicans did not eject McCarthy.

I think it was Jim Jordan who said the other day that there were a bunch more Republicans who wanted to get rid of McCarthy but they were afraid of the backlash. They figured if the votes were there, they didn't need to stick their neck out and piss off the establishment. I'll try to find the quote....

Hijinx

McCarthy was a mistake to begin with, now we are hearing all of this doom and gloom over his departure.
Puck him, and the horse he rode in on, let's look to the future and hope we gat a fighter in is place and hat republicans will back that fighter.

I know, that's a pretty strong hope, but it's past time we started putting things straight before we really do need a Civil War. A real gut busting no bullsht American Civil War between those willing to sell us out to China and those willing to fight for Freedom and our Constitution.

Reactions: TPD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know, that's a pretty strong hope, but it's past time we started putting things straight before we really do need a Civil War. A real gut busting no bullsht American Civil War between those willing to sell us out to China and those willing to fight for Freedom and our Constitution.

Not gonna happen, though. The rebellion has no leadership. So far it's just Donald Trump and Matt Gaetz, and people who say they don't want the Stalinist Democrats and their helpmates in charge also don't want anyone to push back against them.

Humans are largely cowards, which is why villains throughout history have flourished.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I'm irritated at all of them. Dumbasses.

I am more of a Jim Jordan fan, than a Scalise fan, though not by a lot. Scalise is convicted enough, but ...Cancer? I mean really, that is a serious health compromising issue for him to be going thru at the same time. And top fundraiser? Is that a great thing? That equals a lot favors, it seems to me.

I saw a Jim Jordan soundbite this morning on FNC, where he said he & Steve are very good friends, but he thinks HE can bring more in the party together and streamline the focus, which is sticking together and keeping rhe promises that got them all elected and innthe majority.

OTOH...

I think Trump as SoH would absolutely send all Progs, Swamp Reps, most media idjits and many others into apoplexy. That would be priceless, even if he didn't get elected POTUS in 2024. :killingme

Reactions: TPD