Holding McCarthy’s Feet to the Fire

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Are they though?
Well, they might be. If Jordan becomes Speaker he won't be the Judiciary Chair. Is that a possible goal for them? Get rid of him and bind up the inquiry.

And then there are the deals Jordan will have to make to garner support amongst his own party. You know some of them will put attachments to their support.

I think this is all a distraction benefiting only the Democrats and Gaetz stepped right in and became complicit.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well, they might be. If Jordan becomes Speaker he won't be the Judiciary Chair. Is that a possible goal for them? Get rid of him and bind up the inquiry.

And then there are the deals Jordan will have to make to garner support amongst his own party. You know some of them will put attachments to their support.

I think this is all a distraction benefiting only the Democrats and Gaetz stepped right in and became complicit.
FN was hinting that supposedly there are moderate Reps that don't like Jordan.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I see. And that makes *Gaetz* the bad guy.....? Because McCarthy *didn't* play Let's Make A Deal...? And the other GOP swamp rats *aren't* a bunch of corrupt POS? And nobody but Jordan can be Judiciary Chair? (Because I already know who I'd pick to replace him if it were up to me.)

I understand that the corporate media hack shills hatehatehate McCarthy getting the boot, but those are my enemies and I lick the delicious tears from their faces. The swamp rats are sobbing in their bourbon and I savor their tears as well. Nomnomnomnomnom....

The choices are change or status quo. I want change; you want status quo. We're not going to agree on this. It's way past time to burn this mother down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Over Jordan or the whole McCarthy sh!tshow in general?

McCarthy in general. Like OMG the whole world will grind to a halt if Swampy McSwamprat isn't Speaker of the House!

We have to determine which is more important: avoiding a government shutdown by caving to the Democrats, or telling them to GFT and standing firm regarding what's best for the American people. Honestly, if the people we elect to fight against these scumbags are colluding with them under the guise of "compromise", what's the point?

Ken King

PREMO Member
I see. And that makes *Gaetz* the bad guy.....? Because McCarthy *didn't* play Let's Make A Deal...? And the other GOP swamp rats *aren't* a bunch of corrupt POS? And nobody but Jordan can be Judiciary Chair? (Because I already know who I'd pick to replace him if it were up to me.)

I understand that the corporate media hack shills hatehatehate McCarthy getting the boot, but those are my enemies and I lick the delicious tears from their faces. The swamp rats are sobbing in their bourbon and I savor their tears as well. Nomnomnomnomnom....

The choices are change or status quo. I want change; you want status quo. We're not going to agree on this. It's way past time to burn this mother down.
Gaetz is the bad guy because he is a "my way or the highway" type of guy, he doesn't understand what compromise might or can do. If he doesn't get his way he will go all "stompy-foot", so yeah he probably is "your type of guy".

Who would you like to be the Judiciary Chair? I like Jordan there, he's got that pit bull thing going on and I like that.

As to status quo, we just had a change back in January, now we are getting another. Change for change's sake is dumb and it won't make a hill of beans. It will just be different people in different seats doing the same old crap.

And what needs to be burnt down?

stgislander

PREMO Member
We have to determine which is more important: avoiding a government shutdown by caving to the Democrats, or telling them to GFT and standing firm regarding what's best for the American people.
Azzes all over SMC just puckered a little reading that.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Gaetz is the bad guy because he is a "my way or the highway" type of guy, he doesn't understand what compromise might or can do. If he doesn't get his way he will go all "stompy-foot", so yeah he probably is "your type of guy".

Who would you like to be the Judiciary Chair? I like Jordan there, he's got that pit bull thing going on and I like that.

As to status quo, we just had a change back in January, now we are getting another. Change for change's sake is dumb and it won't make a hill of beans. It will just be different people in different seats doing the same old crap.

I'm not sure what Gaetz thought he was going to get out of this, I think he's written his death knell as far as the house goes and more that likely the senate. Maybe he thinks he's going to be the next DeSantis.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You completely and absolutely missed my point. AND you're starting to get personally insulting, so that's my cue to end my interaction with you on this subject.

If the Republicans want my vote they have to stop acting like Democrats, and that's that.

Ken King

PREMO Member
You completely and absolutely missed my point. AND you're starting to get personally insulting, so that's my cue to end my interaction with you on this subject.

If the Republicans want my vote they have to stop acting like Democrats, and that's that.
If that is what you believe that is on you. Because I don't see what would be called an insult.

And what has Gaetz done since the GOP took control of the House? Not a damn thing I can find other then getting an amendment to a House Report. Everything else he has done hasn't moved or has failed. So his only other success is getting the Speaker ousted by acting like a Democrat.

I do notice that you didn't answer the two questions I posted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do notice that you didn't answer the two questions I posted.

Oh no! It must be some nefarious conspiracy! You got me! :dead:

:rolleyes:

Who would you like to be the Judiciary Chair?

I like Chip Roy. He and I are having a disagreement over this McSwamprat thing, and he's saying some things that are making me rethink him, but in general I'm a fan. As much as I can be a fan of some scuzzball politician. But IMO he's the obvious choice to step into the Chair.

Our filthy corrupt disgusting political system. It's complete bullshit and I have no idea why We the People are allowing it, let alone defending it.

WingsOfGold

Total shiitshow, just gives the enemy more ammo one year from now come elections. Gaetz himself will be on the firing line for his reelection.

Ken King

PREMO Member
I like Chip Roy. He and I are having a disagreement over this McSwamprat thing, and he's saying some things that are making me rethink him, but in general I'm a fan. As much as I can be a fan of some scuzzball politician. But IMO he's the obvious choice to step into the Chair.
I'll have to check him out, I don't know much about him.
Our filthy corrupt disgusting political system. It's complete bullshit and I have no idea why We the People are allowing it, let alone defending it.
I don't think many are defending it. I'm all for getting rid of the problem and that is the parties. Sadly there are way too few that care. What can save it (as it stands) is getting involved within the party to elevate candidates that care about something other than themselves. But I suspect that would be about as much fun as wading a benjo ditch.
PS, this was cowardly and beneath you. Own your insults instead of slinking away from them.
Really, what was the insult, him being "your type of guy"?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think many are defending it.

All I see are people defending it and telling me I'm FOS for railing against it.

I'm all for getting rid of the problem and that is the parties. Sadly there are way too few that care.

It has to start somewhere. Unfortunately most people won't clean their own house for fear that it emboldens or aids their opponents. "Can't get rid of this Republican shitbag because the Democrat shitbags will use it to their advantage." So the shitbags flourish and we can't have nice things.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mccarthy.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TPD

WingsOfGold

Et tu, Newt?

Newt seems to think McCarthy is a strong leader and I would love to know what he's basing that on.
Because Gaetz is an ahole? Imagine that EVERY turd on the left sided with Gaetz, so throwing McCarthy out must have been a brilliant idea. Scalise under going cancer treatment, Jordan is hot on Dementia Joe's treason. This could have waited until next November.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because Gaetz is an ahole? Imagine that EVERY turd on the left sided with Gaetz, so throwing McCarthy out must have been a brilliant idea. Scalise under going cancer treatment, Jordan is hot on Dementia Joe's treason. This could have waited until next November.

"Do what the Party wants or we'll kick you out of Congress" is Democrat behavior. The people of Gaetz's district elected him to represent *them*, not the corrupt Republican Party thugs.

Now, it happens that his district is the next one over from mine and, because the Gulf Coast is a thing, I'm in several FB and Reddit groups with people in Walton County and Pcola. They are overwhelmingly in favor of what Gaetz did and cheering him on. And it's not Democrats doing it because 1D is overwhelmingly Republican.

So I would say that Gaetz did his job and if Das Party doesn't like it, oh the **** well.