Hollyweird Awards shows

R

remaxrealtor

I feel the same way Pete does....These ego ridden people get these fancy little golden statues and purty cups for what? Doing their damn job that they get paid a gazillion bucks for...Do you see any other trades get awards for doing their jobs like these people do? I had a plumber come to my house last week and fix a water line...Did he win a "Plummie"? No, he just got the money and no award...Had a Carpenter build me a deck...Did he get a "Carpie"? Nope...I do think my Electrician got a "Sparkie" one time

Another vote in agreement with Pete here! Maybe they could have had a 30 minute read of the winners and put ALL that $ toward doing something useful...wait, what am I thinking?:jameo:

donbarzini

The difference between a street junkie shooting up and dying and a 28 year old movie star overdosing and dying after taking a fist full of narcotic perscription drugs is what exactly?

The cost of the drugs. Unless Heath had prescription drug coverage in his Health Insurance policy

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Another vote in agreement with Pete here! Maybe they could have had a 30 minute read of the winners and put ALL that $ toward doing something useful...wait, what am I thinking?:jameo:

WHAT?!?!?! And give up a perfectly good excuse to don some high dolla dolla gown and walk the red carpet? :cds:

onebdzee

off the shelf
WHAT?!?!?! And give up a perfectly good excuse to don some high dolla dolla gown and walk the red carpet? :cds:

Most, if not all, of those outfits(including the jewlery) are lent to the movie stars....it promotes the designers as well as the star

Baz

This. ------------------>
If the movie is not about any of the above, it won't take squat for awards. I don't bother watching any of the award shows anymore. If the movie sucks, they'll give it an award.

Slumdog Millionaire wasn't about any of that, and that movie cleaned up.

Not that I'm ever planning on seeing it. I hardly ever see the Best Picture winners. The Oscars seem tilted towards the artsy and "serious" pictures. Every now and then a great "regular" movie slips through and wins, but it's rare.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It was ruled an accidental overdose of legally prescribed medications.

That's a bit different than the picture you painted of a heroin junkie shooting himself up and dying as a result.
No, it's not. Both died from abusing drugs.
The difference between a street junkie shooting up and dying and a 28 year old movie star overdosing and dying after taking a fist full of narcotic prescription drugs is what exactly?

Cost of the funeral

Pete

Repete
:bawl: I thought Pete was going to walk me down the red carpet for the Formie Awards to accept my Dancing Banana Smiley Award.

We could go to the "Lenny's after party" and pick up our celebrity gift bags. I heard they were valued at $5K a piece. :yay:

Toxick

Splat
The difference between a street junkie shooting up and dying and a 28 year old movie star overdosing and dying after taking a fist full of narcotic perscription drugs is what exactly?

A movie star dying from an overdose is somewhat glamorous in a tragic sort of way. Cause they leave a much better looking corpse behind. Plus all the memories and good times they have given to us over the years.

A street junkie dying from overdose is just ... icky.

lovinmaryland

Prescribed to be taken all together? Never the less if you croaked from your narco-cocktail you think you would be celebrated and exalted?

Yes and by the same dr. (I have a anxiety disorder and I broke my ankle)

I would like to hope so :drama: