holy sh!t

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
And yes, Bush does own interest in a timber company...

President Bush himself would have qualified as a 'small business owner' under the Republican definition, based on his 2001 federal income tax returns. He reported $84 of business income from his part ownership of a timber-growing enterprise. However, 99.99 percent of Bush's total income came from other sources that year. (Bush also qualified as a "small business owner" in 2000 based on $314 of "business income," but not in 2002 and 2003 when he reported his timber income as "royalties" on a different tax schedule.)" (Factcheck.org; 9/23/04)

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Have you guys checked the polls??? Kerry received about 75% of the votes tonight. He did it again. People saw right through those beaty, sneaky little Bush eyes. You could tell Bush wanted to smirk. It looked like his face was going to crack or something. :loser:

SmallTown

Football season!
UrbanPancake said:
Have you guys checked the polls??? Kerry received about 75% of the votes tonight. He did it again. People saw right through those beaty, sneaky little Bush eyes. You could tell Bush wanted to smirk. It looked like his face was going to crack or something. :loser:
I would be surprised if those numbers held up. I think both sides stated their cases pretty well.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
jlabsher said:
And yes, Bush does own interest in a timber company...

President Bush himself would have qualified as a 'small business owner' under the Republican definition, based on his 2001 federal income tax returns. He reported $84 of business income from his part ownership of a timber-growing enterprise. However, 99.99 percent of Bush's total income came from other sources that year. (Bush also qualified as a "small business owner" in 2000 based on $314 of "business income," but not in 2002 and 2003 when he reported his timber income as "royalties" on a different tax schedule.)" (Factcheck.org; 9/23/04)

I saw that also on fastcheck. I guess he thinks people don't know how to use a computer. Only a Republican would think his supporters wouldn't know how to use the internet.

BuddyLee

Football addict
UrbanPancake said:
Internet polls are meaningless especially if their reporting Kerry with a 75% win.

SmallTown

Football season!
BuddyLee said:
Internet polls are meaningless especially if their reporting Kerry with a 75% win.
but of course on this board, if it was 75% Bush it would be just about right.

:wink:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
Bush is scared that Kerry will raise his income taxes and lower yours!

I think Bush was scared that he might have to help support more domestic issues with his income tax tonight. Kerry has it right, less taxes on the Middle Class, and more taxes on the highest income tax bracket.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
SmallTown said:
but of course on this board, if it was 75% Bush it would be just about right.

:wink:

That is so true. I believe this board is becoming more balanced though. I don't back off. I plan on staying.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
What Agency do you work for???? I work for the Federal Government also and I can't remember one "Kudo" rolling down hill. :lol:
Maybe you've never done anything worth a kudo. I've had kudo letters and even had Bravo Zulu flags flown for me and I'm a contractor.

T.Rally

UrbanPancake said:
I think Bush was scared that he might have to help support more domestic issues with his income tax tonight. Kerry has it right, less taxes on the Middle Class, and more taxes on the highest income tax bracket.
If you think that Kerry will convince the senate, who all make more than 200k and all who accept money from donors making more than 200k, to raise their taxes than you are living in a dreamworld. This could only be accomplished by adding some sort of loophole to his bill for them to shelter their incomes. How does this get paid for?

My best John Kerry feigning sympathy impression "My fellow Americans I stand before you today to ask for your sacrifice for the betterment of the nation as a whole. This is an across the board tax increase..." and so on and so forth. Meanwhile 200k earners still get the same amount, the rest of us pay for it.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
You don't think the richest American's can afford a better Educational system for your child? I do. I believe America can do better then the Same.....
That would be "than". Is English your native language?

SmallTown

Football season!
2ndAmendment said:
Maybe you've never done anything worth a kudo. I've had kudo letters and even had Bravo Zulu flags flown for me and I'm a contractor.
All we ever got was "Thanks for the great job were paying you to do"

:cry:

T.Rally

T.Rally said:
Meanwhile 200k earners still get the same amount, the rest of us pay for it.
Now that I think about 200k really is upper middle class, he'll raise taxes on them as well. It'll be the wealthiest families that won't see any increase.

SmallTown

Football season!
oh good. The somd.com poll is showing a republican lean. At least we won't have forumites and their conspiracy theories about people manipulating the system!

BuddyLee

Football addict
crabcake said:
This is an issue (to me) of common sense. No CEO or President can be everywhere, every minute of the day. That's why they appoint people who they believe are educated and capable of making decisions in their area of expertise.
I do not sign on to the belief that you hang the top dog for something someone down on the food chain did. (e.g., I don't hold our president responsible for a terrorist having a pair of panties pulled over his head).
Your man even gave into my thoughts.

Now, you asked what mistakes. I made some mistakes in appointing people, but I'm not going to name them. I don't want to hurt their feelings on national TV.

(LAUGHTER)

BUSH: But history will look back, and I'm fully prepared to accept any mistakes that history judges to my administration, because the president makes the decisions, the president has to take the responsibility.
http://www.debates.org/pages/trans2004c.html

Last edited:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:lmao: So if you owned one share of stock in Viacom, would that make you a media executive?

:lmao:
Whoooooohoooooooooo! I'm a media mogul... *XM & Sirius* :getdown:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nice try. John Kerry said that Bush owned a timber company. Bush doesn't own a timber company. He made $84 whole bucks from an investment. That's some small businessman, right there.

:dur: