holy sh!t

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
crabcake said:
You're right ... I think Kerry's exact words were ":blahblah: the president's no child left behind plan left 1.xzy million children behind."

I'm not saying I agree with the policy, but that statement reads "failure" if I ever heard one.

So, what your saying is that President Bush's No Child Left Behind Plan is a bad policy? I don't agree with you. I'm a Democrat and I agree with this plan. It has affected people I know in a positive way, but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

BuddyLee

Football addict
To be perfectly honest I thought Bush won the debate. Both showed substance and were generally sharp. I think Bush won it on being more human. The jokes and laughter won him in.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
UrbanPancake said:
I agree with you SmallTown. Bush blames our economy on former Presidents. How convienent for him. But when things are going good (I'm trying to remember a time in the last four years when things have gone good) he takes all the credit. Wow he so modest.

If the economy is on the downslide when you come into office (and I assure you, looking at my conservative investments the last 6-8 months of the Clinton Administration, it WAS!), you are inheriting a problem.

wow he so intelligent. :duh:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
crabcake said:
As a federal employee, I can assure you that when our president gets kudos for doing something good, the "kudos" roll down hill as well.

Do you expect ABC, Fox, NBC, et al to put every single person responsible for the effort (good or bad) on the 6 o'clock news? :confused:

What Agency do you work for???? I work for the Federal Government also and I can't remember one "Kudo" rolling down hill. :lol:

SmallTown

Football season!
crabcake said:
As a federal employee, I can assure you that when our president gets kudos for doing something good, the "kudos" roll down hill as well.

Do you expect ABC, Fox, NBC, et al to put every single person responsible for the effort (good or bad) on the 6 o'clock news? :confused:
Oh please, you're going off track. Go back to what you said and I responded to:

"
I do not sign on to the belief that you hang the top dog for something someone down on the food chain did. (e.g., I don't hold our president responsible for a terrorist having a pair of panties pulled over his head)."

This of course is in reference to people Bush put in place. I agree, the top dog shouldn't hang for it, but also shouldn't take credit for things the ones below him do. But they do it all the time. They love to bask in the glory, and pass off negatives down the chain

Steve

Enjoying life!
UrbanPancake said:
Yes, it's a failure because President Bush has underfunded it! Kerry will fund the program the way it should have been funded in the beginning. Stop taking what he says out of context. I could do the same thing about Bush....... But that would need a whole forum in itself. :patriot:

UrbanFlopcake....I suggest you not partake in this discussion...savvy?

crabcake

UrbanPancake said:
So, what your saying is that President Bush's No Child Left Behind Plan is a bad policy? I don't agree with you. I'm a Democrat and I agree with this plan. It has affected people I know in a positive way, but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Great. I know a lot of teachers who'd beg to differ with you on that program's "success".

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
UrbanPancake said:
I agree with you SmallTown. Bush blames our economy on former Presidents. How convienent for him. But when things are going good (I'm trying to remember a time in the last four years when things have gone good) he takes all the credit. Wow he so modest.

So things have never been good but he takes credit for the good? Make up your mind, retard. Do you get the stuff straight from the ghost of Tim Leary?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
Yes, it's a failure because President Bush has underfunded it!
Typically the President sends his budget to the House of Representatives, then they vote on it. Budgets have been voted down by Congress before.

So WHO "underfunded" NCLB??? Take a civics class before you try to talk politics, dear.

My opinion is that there's not enough money in the wrold to level the educational playing field, unless we genetically engineer people so they're all the same, with the same parents and the same desire to succeed.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
crabcake said:
If the economy is on the downslide when you come into office (and I assure you, looking at my conservative investments the last 6-8 months of the Clinton Administration, it WAS!), you are inheriting a problem.

wow he so intelligent. :duh:

They may have gone downhill in the last six months of President Clinton's term because of the presidential election. Plus Bush has had 4 years to correct it. He has been concerned with chasing pipe dreams of WMD. I think he needs to get off the wacky tobaccy.

SmallTown

Football season!
crabcake said:
You're right ... I think Kerry's exact words were ":blahblah: the president's no child left behind plan left 1.xzy million children behind."

I'm not saying I agree with the policy, but that statement reads "failure" if I ever heard one.
exactly. It is failing because it hasn't been handled correctly. The concept is great, the notion behind it excellent, but you sometimes need more than just good intentions to make something work the way it should.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
vraiblonde said:
Typically the President sends his budget to the House of Representatives, then they vote on it. Budgets have been voted down by Congress before.

So WHO "underfunded" NCLB??? Take a civics class before you try to talk politics, dear.

My opinion is that there's not enough money in the wrold to level the educational playing field, unless we genetically engineer people so they're all the same, with the same parents and the same desire to succeed.

You don't think the richest American's can afford a better Educational system for your child? I do. I believe America can do better then the Same.....

crabcake

SmallTown said:
Oh please, you're going off track. Go back to what you said and I responded to:

"
I do not sign on to the belief that you hang the top dog for something someone down on the food chain did. (e.g., I don't hold our president responsible for a terrorist having a pair of panties pulled over his head)."

This of course is in reference to people Bush put in place. I agree, the top dog shouldn't hang for it, but also shouldn't take credit for things the ones below him do. But they do it all the time. They love to bask in the glory, and pass off negatives down the chain

I'm not going off track; I'm telling you what I see day in and day out. Bush's President's Management Agenda is something I've worked on closely for 2 years. Our agency leads cabinet agencies in implementing it. Our agency is also reaping the rewards for doing so.

My agency also has been at the center (in the media) of major security problems that began during the Clinton Administration. I assure you, we are answering to those as well.

Steve

Enjoying life!
As many will know, our daughter entered public school, coming from private school for the last two years. Her work now is about one grade-level below where she came from. Is that Bush's fault; Clinton's? Or maybe the fat bureaucrats at PS101?

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
SmallTown said:
exactly. It is failing because it hasn't been handled correctly. The concept is great, the notion behind it excellent, but you sometimes need more than just good intentions to make something work the way it should.

I think Bush is full of good intentions. He just doesn't have the knowledge and the ability to implement his policies. It might have something to do with his lack of experience, or his crazy obession with WMD.

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:

People would hope the president and his staff research it. And with republicans controlling congress, what do you think is going to happen?

And speaking of which, I still love the early days of the "liberation" of afghanistan Bush kept saying how we MUST stand behind afghanistan in rebuilding. And do you recall how much Bush suggested in the Budget for the following year? Zero. Luckily congress did catch that one and throw in what was needed.

SmallTown

Football season!
crabcake said:
My agency also has been at the center (in the media) of major security problems that began during the Clinton Administration. I assure you, we are answering to those as well.
join the club

Steve

Enjoying life!
UrbanPancake said:
I think Bush is full of good intentions. He just doesn't have the knowledge and the ability to implement his policies. It might have something to do with his lack of experience, or his crazy obession with WMD.

Or maybe it's the Democrats in Congress blocking all of the initiatives he has? Hmmm? Just like the Repub heavy Congress (thankfully) blocked all of Clinton's #### policies....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
You don't think the richest American's can afford a better Educational system for your child?
Of course. But the cost per student at a private school is LESS than the cost per student at a public school. And since we agree that private school children perform better than public school children, can we also agree that money obviously isn't the problem?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
Or maybe it's the Democrats in Congress blocking all of the initiatives he has? Hmmm? Just like the Repub heavy Congress (thankfully) blocked all of Clinton's #### policies....
And people wonder why nothing ever gets passed. :lol: