holy sh!t

Steve

Enjoying life!
I'm sick of this bullcrap. See you all after Nov. 2nd. I will allow you Kerry supporters to gloat if he wins. But I will also hold you to his promises. Ditto for Bushy. K?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
UrbanPancake said:
They may have gone downhill in the last six months of President Clinton's term because of the presidential election. Plus Bush has had 4 years to correct it. He has been concerned with chasing pipe dreams of WMD. I think he needs to get off the wacky tobaccy.

Well then, just chalk it up to poor judgement. That's what Clinton did when he excused his "extracurricular activities". :duh:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
SmallTown said:
People would hope the president and his staff research it. And with republicans controlling congress, what do you think is going to happen?

And speaking of which, I still love the early days of the "liberation" of afghanistan Bush kept saying how we MUST stand behind afghanistan in rebuilding. And do you recall how much Bush suggested in the Budget for the following year? Zero. Luckily congress did catch that one and throw in what was needed.

Your right I can't believe I forgot about that. Afghanistan was the real war on terror and Bush abandoned it because chasing after pretend weapons is more important. It must be great to mislead the American public on WMD.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Of course. But the cost per student at a private school is LESS than the cost per student at a public school. And since we agree that private school children perform better than public school children, can we also agree that money obviously isn't the problem?
Just wondering, do you think the problem resides in discipline?

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
crabcake said:
Well then, just chalk it up to poor judgement. That's what Clinton did when he excused his "extracurricular activities". :duh:

Well at least 1000 men didn't die because Monica performed extra work on the side... shoot we didn't even have to pay for that hooker...... :killingme it was pro-bono.

crabcake

Steve said:
I'm sick of this bullcrap. See you all after Nov. 2nd. I will allow you Kerry supporters to gloat if he wins. But I will also hold you to his promises. Ditto for Bushy. K?

:yeahthat: Nighty night folks! :howdy:

crabcake

UrbanPancake said:
Well at least 1000 men didn't die because Monica performed extra work on the side... shoot we didn't even have to pay for that hooker...... :killingme it was pro-bono.

You're right ... it was more like 3000+ ... of our own innocent people ... because if he wasn't too busy getting that hummer, he might have been more focused on what terrorists had in store for us on Sept. 11th. :duh:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
BuddyLee said:

Partially. I think parents who send their children to private school tend to instill better values in their children. They also have a true vested interest in their childrens education when there flipping the bill for it.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I thought it was a tie, just like George Will (love his baseball choices, question his politics) said, "Everyone is suffering vertigo, a conservative republican from Texas is talking about how he will save the environment, and a liberal democrat from Massachusetts is explaining how he will cut taxes." WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT is up w/that.

Anyway, I cringed when the little innocent doe eyed blonde asked Kerry "Isn't abortion murder?" I could just see every Baptist vote swinging right. Doesn't surprise me since I am from STL, but jeez what an Ashcroft plant. :)LOL)

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
crabcake said:
You're right ... it was more like 3000+ ... of our own innocent people ... because if he wasn't too busy getting that hummer, he might have been more focused on what terrorists had in store for us on Sept. 11th. :duh:

Wait a minute you can't blame 9/11 on Clinton. This happened on Bush's watch. It was proven that Bush's Administration had the choice to listen to the "chatter of these terrorist cells" but he didn't. Bush has to take the credit when things go bad on his watch. He can't just take the credit for the good you know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BuddyLee said:
I think it's because of public school operating as bureaucratic monopolies with no competition, therefore no reason to give good service. Just like any other monopoly. Plus they do not enforce standards of conduct and follow through with punishments for breaking the rules. They keep troublemakers in class because to not do so would be "discrimination" or some such nonsense. Therefore the educational environment is compromised and all students suffer.

SmallTown

Football season!
UrbanPancake said:
Wait a minute you can't blame 9/11 on Clinton. This happened on Bush's watch. It was proven that Bush's Administration had the choice to listen to the "chatter of these terrorist cells" but he didn't. Bush has to take the credit when things go bad on his watch. He can't just take the credit for the good you know.
we already covered that. Apparantly he can.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
jlabsher said:
I thought it was a tie, just like George Will (love his baseball choices, question his politics) said, "Everyone is suffering vertigo, a conservative republican from Texas is talking about how he will save the environment, and a liberal democrat from Massachusetts is explaining how he will cut taxes." WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT is up w/that.

Anyway, I cringed when the little innocent doe eyed blonde asked Kerry "Isn't abortion murder?" I could just see every Baptist vote swinging right. Doesn't surprise me since I am from STL, but jeez what an Ashcroft plant. :)LOL)

Honestly... do you think Baptist were going to vote for Kerry in the first place? They want someone like Bush who panders to them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
UrbanPancake said:
Wait a minute you can't blame 9/11 on Clinton. This happened on Bush's watch.
But it was planned on Clinton's watch. And Clinton was the one who was offered bin Laden on a silver plate and he turned it down because there wasn't enough "evidence".

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
UrbanPancake said:
Honestly... do you think Baptist were going to vote for Kerry in the first place? They want someone like Bush who panders to them.

Actually I think some Baptist grandmas would have, but now that the whole stinking can of worms was brought up they will flee in tears.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
vraiblonde said:
I think it's because of public school operating as bureaucratic monopolies with no competition, therefore no reason to give good service. Just like any other monopoly. Plus they do not enforce standards of conduct and follow through with punishments for breaking the rules. They keep troublemakers in class because to not do so would be "discrimination" or some such nonsense. Therefore the educational environment is compromised and all students suffer.

We're not the only country in the world to provide public education without competition. Many other countries such as Canada, Japan, and Norway have public educational systems and they have some of the highest test scores in the world. I do agree though that there may be a problem with bureaucrats within the system.

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:
I think it really depends on the school system. I've seen private school kids be behind the public schools, and I've seen them way ahead. Even between school districts, you have a wide variety of "ability". So I don't think it can be as black and white as you paint it.

But I do agree that most systems are a little top heavy in the admin deaprtment and need to replace those with quality teachers in the schools.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
vraiblonde said:
But it was planned on Clinton's watch. And Clinton was the one who was offered bin Laden on a silver plate and he turned it down because there wasn't enough "evidence".

And, Bush didn't do anything either. Two wrongs don't make a right. Why are we bringing up Clinton. He has already served two terms, he can't run again anyway, so why worry about it.

SmallTown

Football season!
vraiblonde said:
And many of the pilots trained here in the USA. Is Bush going to bomb Florida for providing the terrorists with some of the needed skills to fly jets into buildings?

But oh boy. If by some chance Kerry does win, we can all blame bush if Iran or North Korea flares up since their buildup happened during Bush's watch.