• Dec 14?

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Jan 4th?

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I was listening to late hits on Sirius NFL last night and Jim Miller was dogging Gruden about his hair trigger when it comes to QBs. Then he cited the 5-6 he went through in Tampa.

I guy I work with came up with a dream scenario but I wonder if Danny Boy has enough $$$ to make come true?

Shanahan as GM and Cowher as head coach.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was listening to late hits on Sirius NFL last night and Jim Miller was dogging Gruden about his hair trigger when it comes to QBs. Then he cited the 5-6 he went through in Tampa.

I guy I work with came up with a dream scenario but I wonder if Danny Boy has enough $$$ to make come true?

Shanahan as GM and Cowher as head coach.

Where does Shanahan as GM come from?

kom526

Where does Shanahan as GM come from?

My co workers dream scenario. Wasn't he GM and HC @ Denver for the last couple of years?

Any coach that comes in and thinks he can HC and GM is a fool for thinking it and his owner is an idiot for allowing it... oh wait a minute, as you were.

Otter

Nothing to see here
EVERYTHING is predicated on getting Vinny OUT of DC..Skins will be mediocre as long as he has anything to do with the skins.

kom526

EVERYTHING is predicated on getting Vinny OUT of DC..Skins will be mediocre as long as he has anything to do with the skins.

Public stoning at half time during the Dallas game? Larry can provide the stones, he should be able to get them at a discount since he's a nurseryman and all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

That suggests that the person who hired him is going to change his ways of running the team. I'd argue as long as Dan so enjoys his involvement then Vinny is nothing more than a symptom.

This is, like Dallas, very much the owners team and those owners, very much, want to be part OF the team.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Public stoning at half time during the Dallas game? Larry can provide the stones, he should be able to get them at a discount since he's a nurseryman and all.

I've lost the passion. It took a major blow when Gibbs did something he NEVER did, took a starters job, a starting QB, away due to injury, a minor injury; Ramsey, Bears, game one in Gibbs II, year two, to go back to Brunell.

It really started to unravel with the Zorn fiasco elevation to HC.

I was done when I found myself actually rooting for the Lions to finish us off a few weeks ago. I laughed when Hall tried and failed, miserably, to get a mediocre, non running QB on the ground 4 yards short of a game ending first down.

I have no interest in taking the time to stone anyone at half time let alone wasting an entire day to go to FedEx.

Snyder has, if not killed my love for the Skins, then certainly put it on life support.

Pete

Repete
What's the point? Whether he 'hired' him or not, do you have ANY doubt that Dan was involved in the decision?

No doubt at all. I am trying to grasp why Vinny is a huge problem. He is a Snyder conduit. Is it because he is firable and Snyder isn't?

Otter

Nothing to see here
I've lost the passion. It took a major blow when Gibbs did something he NEVER did, took a starters job, a starting QB, away due to injury, a minor injury; Ramsey, Bears, game one in Gibbs II, year two, to go back to Brunell.

It really started to unravel with the Zorn fiasco elevation to HC.

I was done when I found myself actually rooting for the Lions to finish us off a few weeks ago. I laughed when Hall tried and failed, miserably, to get a mediocre, non running QB on the ground 4 yards short of a game ending first down.

I have no interest in taking the time to stone anyone at half time let alone wasting an entire day to go to FedEx.

Snyder has, if not killed my love for the Skins, then certainly put it on life support.

Sucks, don't it? Feels like someone stole my birthright.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sucks, don't it? Feels like someone stole my birthright.

Stealing would have been better; quick, over and done with, gone. Then, if nothing else, we could remember fondly.

As it is, firing Norv with three games to go, bringing in Dion, Bruce, buying Spurrier, the Marty "I'll never work for a guy like that unless he's enough of a chump to pay me millions of dollars the minute he can't control himself", bribing Gibbs and the whole 500 coaches joke, Portis the Anti Joe Gibbs Redskin, Moss, Archuletta, Lloyd, Trotter coming and going, letting Pierce go, the relentless building of a team from the D backfield, Brunell, on and on.

It's watching your birthright defaced bit by bit by bit and knowing how simple this was under the best owner of all time, Cooke;

"I want to hear how you are going to win AND THEN make it happen or get out."

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why do you suppose Snydie was meeting with Gibbs, rekindle fond memories?

If I'm Dan Snyder, I have lunch with Joe Gibbs just because I can have lunch with Joe Gibbs.

I don't hold anything against Snyder. I have no idea how I could resist doing much of the same kinds of things given the opportunity. I'd like to think I would do better with way less flash and way more later round draft picks but, Snyder I have no doubt, wants to win.

To answer the question, I have no doubt he asked Joe's opinion on how best to fire Zorn, when, who to go get next, etc.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No doubt at all. I am trying to grasp why Vinny is a huge problem. He is a Snyder conduit. Is it because he is firable and Snyder isn't?

Just checking that we are on the same page. Any animus directed at Vinny is, I guess, because of what you say; can't fire the owner.

Pete

Repete
OK, how could Snyder make things better? Typically teams suck and fall into disrepair because owners wont pay for talent. Snyder is the opposite, he is sitting there with his checkbook open waiting for someone to say "I wish we had........" BOOM they hsow up a Dulles with a lot of luggage.

Cletus_Vandam

"I want to hear how you are going to win AND THEN make it happen or get out."

I don't see winning as something in the foreseeable future with Campbell as QB and swapping out head coaches every other year.

I can't think of one team that changes QB's and coaches as much as Washington and has had a consistent winning record.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OK, how could Snyder make things better? Typically teams suck and fall into disrepair because owners wont pay for talent. Snyder is the opposite, he is sitting there with his checkbook open waiting for someone to say "I wish we had........" BOOM they hsow up a Dulles with a lot of luggage.

That's the problem; he can't make it better. His nature, his mindset prohibits doing what consistently good teams do; owners stay out of the football stuff and let the football people handle the football stuff.

Dan looks at everything from his forte, a promotion standpoint, not a team building standpoint.

Haynesworth was a huge mistake but, it sounds 100% like Dan.

Cinncy, two off seasons ago, because they are dumber than us, I suppose, did NOT take two first rounders from us for 85.

Look at Blache; there is NO heat on him and the defense is WORSE than last year. How can that be?

There are no signs, few, anyway, of some sort of fundamental change in how things work around here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't see winning as something in the foreseeable future with Campbell as QB and swapping out head coaches every other year.

I can't think of one team that changes QB's and coaches as much as Washington and has had a consistent winning record.

Granted, it's not common but, the Bucs and Ravens were decent, long term winning teams with an ever changing cast of QB's. Hell, the Ravens won a Super Bowl and got RID of their QB!

Look at any good team; good GM's, stable, good coaching and a seemingly endless supply of good players. They find good young kids and they don't hold on to guys who just wanna get paid and the coaches are IN CHARGE of the players.

The Steelers, the Pats, Colts, they let guys go, stars, who no longer fit their concept of team. The stars they keep are as motivated as rookies to get better and win.