• Dec 14?

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Jan 4th?

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They were sucking the past few seasons and even with their 5-0 success nobody is really convinced of how good they are. The New England win was impressive though. Shanahan had very good schemes to make 1000 yard rushers, but that is his COACHING, not his GM abilities :smack:

I never questioned Shanahan as a coach. But Denver's high draft picks recently haven't panned out and their FA pickups really weren't either.

Oh silly me 5-0 is not impressive at all. Granted, the first three opponents were not that great but the Dallas and NE games show what they are capable of. Tell Peyton Manning and the Colts that 5-0 is not a gauge of how good you are.:rolleyes: Obviously he had to have seen something in potential RBs in order to sign them THEN coach them.

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Oh silly me 5-0 is not impressive at all. Granted, the first three opponents were not that great but the Dallas and NE games show what they are capable of. Tell Peyton Manning and the Colts that 5-0 is not a gauge of how good you are.:rolleyes: Obviously he had to have seen something in potential RBs in order to sign them THEN coach them.

He wasn't GM for that long. The running game hadn't been going as well the last few years as it had prior to that. 5-0 is impressive and considering their division they'll probably get at least 8-10 wins. But Dallas has been a disappointment and NE has been inconsistent this season.

kom526

Former Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan is likely set for life. He made a good chunk of change in his 14 years as head coach in the Mile High City, especially since many of those years were spent in the dual role of head coach and general manager.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Former Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan is likely set for life. He made a good chunk of change in his 14 years as head coach in the Mile High City, especially since many of those years were spent in the dual role of head coach and general manager.

And what in the world would be his motivation to go back to 100 hour work weeks? Especially with a meddling boss?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Just to give you folks a little rest and reprieve from the daily gripe session -

ESPN is floating a rumor that the Buffalo Bills are investigating a chance to trade T. O. - to the Chicago Bears, for a 'player to be named later'........:lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us

Shanahan wasn't GM til '07. Not sure if that was before or after the '07 season though. So 1-2 years. There's our answer. Not "many years".

And what in the world would be his motivation to go back to 100 hour work weeks? Especially with a meddling boss?
And that was going to be my other point. So basically kom argues first that he's a good GM over a long period of time (untrue), then argues that he says he doesn't need the money...so what's the point?

Just to give you folks a little rest and reprieve from the daily gripe session -

ESPN is floating a rumor that the Buffalo Bills are investigating a chance to trade T. O. - to the Chicago Bears, for a 'player to be named later'........:lol:
That'd be a smart move for the Da Bearz!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

It is not possible for me to care less about TO.

In fact...

kom526

I was posting that for Betas edification, it's a clip from an article I posted earlier.

But on that note WHO would be motivated enough to work for Dan Snyder? Especially if Cerrato is not removed from the player personnel decision making scheme. Let Vinny decide about staffing around Redskins Park and FedUp field and ONLY those two places.

I'm not putting my support behind Shanahan, I just picked him as an example to use in the debate and I am defending my position based on my selection. I would have done the same for Cowher or Gruden, not so much for Fassel or Holmgren.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But on that note WHO would be motivated enough to work for Dan Snyder? Especially if Cerrato is not removed from the player personnel decision making scheme. Let Vinny decide about staffing around Redskins Park and FedUp field and ONLY those two places.

There is ZERO problem finding someone who wants the job. Snyders challenge is in discerning between who he wants and who would actually be a good choice.

Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, all bad choices. So, that is who he wants, thus the catch 22 or Redskin World.

:lol:

kom526

Shanahan wasn't GM til '07. Not sure if that was before or after the '07 season though. So 1-2 years. There's our answer. Not "many years".

And that was going to be my other point. So basically kom argues first that he's a good GM over a long period of time (untrue), then argues that he says he doesn't need the money...so what's the point?

I never posted anything about Shanahan not needing the money... I Nonno'd that little clip from an article I found online which I referenced in a post to Larry earlier in this thread. Shananhan was HC and VP of Football operations (personnel decisions) for a "good part" of those 14 years.

Otter

Nothing to see here
you may wanna work on your verbiage :eyebrow:

it was inaccurate anyway.

but Detroit under Millen was far worse than Washington under Snyder. You sure about that?

You can't effing read?? Did I say anyone or not? :killingme:killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
You can't effing read?? Did I say anyone or not? :killingme:killingme

yes, I'm just questioning your sanity. You're taking a grass is always greener on the other side approach when that's not always the case. Just in the Skins case, it almost always is. :lol: