Hungry people in St. Marys County

MusicLadyMd

Have your daughter email me we will help her!

Its hard to believe that they would encourage people not working.
Send her to my emal we will help her

smartmassagelady@aol.com
my work email

Wanda D

I would gladly help if I knew it was going to someone who needed it. Unfortunately I live across the street from subsidized housing. I get to see firsthand how some will take advantage and work the system. I have seen them pushing their babies in the strollers when I come home from work, they are dressed to the nines, hair done, nails done, talking on cell phone, smoking cigarettes. If they can afford this, why cant they afford to feed their kids? Why should I feel bad because I dont wish to give to some charity that may support the way these people are using the system.
My father worked until almost the day he died. He was 78. My daughter has two children and is divorced, she works and receives child support on occasion, but, does not receive any government assistance. Its not that she couldnt use some help, but the government says she makes too much. In fact, when she applied for some help, she was told.......and I quote...."It would be better if you werent working, then you could qualify for assistance." My daughter replied.."you mean because I'm doing the right thing by working, I cant get any temporary help, but if I quit my job, I can get all the help I can handle?" She said, never mind....I dont need help that bad.
I know todays economy has forced several people to seek help that they've never needed before, but, the ones who really need it never seem to get it and vice versa. I will helping out my daughter and grandkids again this year, thats my needy family quota for the Christmas season.

MusicLadyMd

Just So You Know

Today someone referred someone to us at smartmassagelady@aol.com
This single parent met with us and got help with food and a gift card to help with things needed at home.

Then tonight we get a very nice thank you email. Please keep referring people to us so we can reach out to the people who cant get help other places.

I am so thankfull that we live in a place where people reach out to help others.

Have them email me or you can email me I will get them some help.
smartmassagelady@aol.com
this is my work email.

Wanda D

luvmygdaughters

Its hard to believe that they would encourage people not working.
Send her to my emal we will help her

smartmassagelady@aol.com
my work email

Wanda D

I appreciate the offer,however, my husband and I will help her and my grandchildren. I think your heart is in the right place and I appreciate the thought and effort in your attempt to help needy families. Please dont mistake my earilier post has being uncaring. I donate money,food and usually try to buy a few toys for the Toys for Tots drive. Unfortunately you always have those who take advantage and make it harder for those who genuinely need the help, to get it. I wish you luck in obtaining donations and hope it all goes to those who are in need. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

MusicLadyMd

You have a heart

I think what you are doing is great. I have had times in my life where I thought the worst of people and found that they werent hurt I was,
You have a heart for people I hope hearing about what is happening here will help encourage you. Thanks for your kind words.

I appreciate the offer,however, my husband and I will help her and my grandchildren. I think your heart is in the right place and I appreciate the thought and effort in your attempt to help needy families. Please dont mistake my earilier post has being uncaring. I donate money,food and usually try to buy a few toys for the Toys for Tots drive. Unfortunately you always have those who take advantage and make it harder for those who genuinely need the help, to get it. I wish you luck in obtaining donations and hope it all goes to those who are in need. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I guess I didnt relate the cat food story in a way it was told to me. The cat food was being mixed with tuna to make it go farther. Hence two old people could get 2 meals out of it.

THANKS to the person who shared my email to help people who fall through the cracks with the foodstamps

If you know someone who needs food either grandparents caring for children or single parents or families out of work please give them my email

smartmassagelady@aol.com this is my work email.

There are several groups of people that have contacted me that can help meet this need.

thanks
Wanda
Actually you left off most of the story...

Two women met at a.funeral and one.asks.."How did your husband die?" to which she gives your story BUT the joke continues.. "So eating cat food killed him?"
No, not the catfood. He climbed onto the piano, tried to lick his balls. He fell off of the piano.and broke his neck.

Credibilty issues are hard to overcome. If you aren't.a.scam, at this point I'd be.surprised.

nomoney

Actually you left off most of the story...

Two women met at a.funeral and one.asks.."How did your husband die?" to which she gives your story BUT the joke continues.. "So eating cat food killed him?"
No, not the catfood. He climbed onto the piano, tried to lick his balls. He fell off of the piano.and broke his neck.

Credibilty issues are hard to overcome. If you aren't.a.scam, at this point I'd be.surprised.

Oh lord bob. If you don't want to help by donating food - don't help. No need to keep picking on the poor lady for asking for your BOGO food items. Its not like she's asking you to give her cash money. She's asking you for that extra free box of no name crackers you didn't really need to begin with.
Yes, there are people out there working the system - yes a lot of us have been hardened to helping others because of that. But if giving a can of soup to a church burns your buns that bad; then you've got issues.

And I say that in the nicest way possible :smoochy:

I have never seen a community that scrutinizes needs as this area does. Yes, a child asks for a Wii because all of his friends probably have one so wouldn't he want one - did you want the "hot" item when you were young because your friends had one? He doesn't know about price, he is a CHILD and he wants what many young children have - a video game system!!! And a child should be deprived assistance because her mom has fancy nails and smokes cigarettes? Another justifies not giving food as they've seen "tons" of food when they've come to deliver donated food - perhaps this home houses and feeds many? Perhaps they get donated items once a month and that "ton" you saw has to span 30 days?

I hope when you are all called for judgement, you have an excuse for everything you've failed to do, not done to the best of your ability, done without goodness of heart, and on and on and on - and if you don't have a good excuse, let's hope he who does your judgement doesn't start speculating - or wait a minute - maybe he SHOULD speculate and let you see what it feels like - after all, do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

People can't get out of the rut they are in because people (and our government) don't CARE! We are all given the option of being an angel or a bigot - and posts on this board really show who's who in Southern MD!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh lord bob. If you don't want to help by donating food - don't help. No need to keep picking on the poor lady for asking for your BOGO food items. Its not like she's asking you to give her cash money. She's asking you for that extra free box of no name crackers you didn't really need to begin with.
Yes, there are people out there working the system - yes a lot of us have been hardened to helping others because of that. But if giving a can of soup to a church burns your buns that bad; then you've got issues.

And I say that in the nicest way possible :smoochy:

Understand and hope she is really trying to help, but using untrue stories to try to get people to help isn't the way to do it.... And despite what everyone thinks I do care, and do try to help the best I can.

I give to known reputable charities I won't give to anyone in the Wal-Mart parking lot..or at Sheetz, and if they truly are in need when they ask for gas money, don't blame me..blame the scammers that came before you.

mitzi

Understand and hope she is really trying to help, but using untrue stories to try to get people to help isn't the way to do it.... And despite what everyone thinks I do care, and do try to help the best I can.

I give to known reputable charities I won't give to anyone in the Wal-Mart parking lot..or at Sheetz, and if they truly are in need when they ask for gas money, don't blame me..blame the scammers that came before you.

The lady is asking for food to donate. Not money.

drbobschaller

End Hunger in Calvert

Thanks for starting this discussion. Hunger is an increasing challenge in this community. Suggest you contact Reverend Robert Hahn of Chesapeake Church in northern Calvert County who is heading a non-profit "End Hunger in Calvert" End Hunger In Calvert County. working with other faith-based groups, businesses, farmers, and other community interests. He is aware of your posting and can offer advice in support of your cause.

Hello all,
I recently found out that there are 1600 people who go to bed hungry in our county every day. 40% are children...

MusicLadyMd

Thanks for the information

I appreciate the information wbout Rev Hahn and Chesapeake Church

I also have set up a new email for this cause please email your questions and ideas to
FeedTheHungryMd@aol.com

Thanks for reading and I appreciate everyone that has stopped by the pantry and dropped off food.
LOOKING FOR businesses that would like to help the Pantry
IF YOU KNOW someone in a large company on base or a contact person for a company that would like to help with this cause please have them contact me
Wanda D at 240-577-4398

Thanks

Thanks for starting this discussion. Hunger is an increasing challenge in this community. Suggest you contact Reverend Robert Hahn of Chesapeake Church in northern Calvert County who is heading a non-profit "End Hunger in Calvert" End Hunger In Calvert County. working with other faith-based groups, businesses, farmers, and other community interests. He is aware of your posting and can offer advice in support of your cause.

Hello all,
I recently found out that there are 1600 people who go to bed hungry in our county every day. 40% are children...

Last edited:

MusicLadyMd

Food Lion Has on website feed family for $10.00

Just so you know Food Lion has on web site with weekly specials a link to print recipes from the sales flyer that will allow you to FEED your Family for $10.00 Using the sales ads

If you want more information on Help feeding your family please email me at
FeedTheHungryMd@aol.com
DOnt forget BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT LOCAL STORES....

Donate the FREE item to the foodbank or pantry to Help feed our neighbors!

Also If you have coupons you would like to donate you can drop them off or email me and I can pick them up

Every coupon and Free item will help the hungry in our town.

luvmygdaughters

I have never seen a community that scrutinizes needs as this area does. Yes, a child asks for a Wii because all of his friends probably have one so wouldn't he want one - did you want the "hot" item when you were young because your friends had one? He doesn't know about price, he is a CHILD and he wants what many young children have - a video game system!!! And a child should be deprived assistance because her mom has fancy nails and smokes cigarettes? Another justifies not giving food as they've seen "tons" of food when they've come to deliver donated food - perhaps this home houses and feeds many? Perhaps they get donated items once a month and that "ton" you saw has to span 30 days?

I hope when you are all called for judgement, you have an excuse for everything you've failed to do, not done to the best of your ability, done without goodness of heart, and on and on and on - and if you don't have a good excuse, let's hope he who does your judgement doesn't start speculating - or wait a minute - maybe he SHOULD speculate and let you see what it feels like - after all, do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

People can't get out of the rut they are in because people (and our government) don't CARE! We are all given the option of being an angel or a bigot - and posts on this board really show who's who in Southern MD!

And what, may I ask, have you done? Why do feel you have the right to call someone a bigot or an angel. Have you ever been in need and denied help? No one is scrutinizing anything, in case you forgot, this is the United States of America and we as citizens are entitled to voice our opinions.

MusicLadyMd

Thanks To Everyone

When I visited the soup Kitchen on Friday to play Christmas music I found that there had been a lot a new donations from the ONLINE people here.
THANKS so much.

If you are interested in donating food and would like to get a discount coupon you can use please email me
feedthehungrymd@aol.com

There are coupons for Applebees, Longhorn Steak house and Baby items
As well as Free subs from subway.

Thanks again:diva:

READER VIDEO: Feeding the Hungry in Southern Maryland - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

This link is about the Baynet story that gives information to people wanting to help feed the hungry.

If you know someone needing help have them email me at
FeedTheHungryMd@aol.com

Thanks to everyone who is working on this project.