Hypp

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:
A competent pre-purchase vet exam didn't show cloudy lenses in the horse you purchased? I'm not sure what you mean..."sanctioned person"? Do you mean banned? Are you certain it's "all 3 registries"?

And what is your horses' registered name? Did i miss that?

I was confused by the sanctioned comment myself, I assumed she was implying banned. BTW Carefulone why haven't you answered the parentage question about your horse with the issues so we can know one to avoid or may even have knowledge about it.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Carefulone said:
This had absolutely nothing to do with cloudy eyes, I don't even know if the horse had eyes, never got it, never saw the vet exam, (everything I talk about I have in writing....) just bought something I never received, someone else did though.......the horse with cloudy eyes , catarats , I did receive....the vet exam done by the farm vet, not a good idea people.....

Again, and this is for everyone, call the registries and check for sanctions before you put good money out for horses that were someone elses throw aways....but a good talker tells you it's the best money can buy....kinda like a RV salesman....
:confused:
OK so you are saying you bought a Rocky from a person who is "sanctioned" by "all three registries", and you didn't get the horse?
AND the horse with cloudy eyes referenced in post number 13, was purchased from someone ELSE? Which passed a pre-purchase exam by a "farm vet"? Is it also Rocky? Are you from SOMD?

Carefulone

Again, uh oh is in order....missed part of that post.
Yes this person is banned, sanctioned in all three registries, UMH, RMHA and KMSHA....and his partner is banned in UMH....in the future, I hope there will be more to come on this situation.....I have copies of all of them, if I knew how to cut and paste to this site, I would....

SouthernMdRocks

Carefulone said:
Again, uh oh is in order....missed part of that post.
Yes this person is banned, sanctioned in all three registries, UMH, RMHA and KMSHA....and his partner is banned in UMH....in the future, I hope there will be more to come on this situation.....I have copies of all of them, if I knew how to cut and paste to this site, I would....

:tap: Your horse with the parrot mouth is from what bloodlines?

Carefulone

Wish I knew how to use those little icons....don't mean to get you mad....not really, any way, I'm not near his papers so I don't know his Dad's full name, he's well bred as far as "names" go, I believe Buddy Roe (Sam), Tobe, Choco, Sebastian....but his sire is a Reb's.....something, have to go home and look, but in talking with other breeders, it can be prevelant in that line? I wouldn't have paid the price I did, but with the right care, having his teeth done, cut, every six months does the job....may have been done before the pre purchase, so missed....giving a huge benefit of the doubt...
The eye problems....Chocolate sire, Chocolate dam....and since we're not horses, lets not say being short of site isn't all that bad....my Mom suffered from macular degeneration for 15 years....it isn't fun....and just like we look for cures for people, let's look for the fix for this genetic disorder, not how to try to bit the bullet, and in the end result, perpetuate it....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
And feel you got ripped off by TWO people selling Rockies? :confused:

Feel free to pm me for my fax number and i can turn them into a .pdf for you to post if you'd like. I'm all ears.

SouthernMdRocks

Carefulone said:
Wish I knew how to use those little icons....don't mean to get you mad....not really, any way, I'm not near his papers so I don't know his Dad's full name, he's well bred as far as "names" go, I believe Buddy Roe (Sam), Tobe, Choco, Sebastian....but his sire is a Reb's.....something, have to go home and look, but in talking with other breeders, it can be prevelant in that line? I wouldn't have paid the price I did, but with the right care, having his teeth done, cut, every six months does the job....may have been done before the pre purchase, so missed....giving a huge benefit of the doubt...
The eye problems....Chocolate sire, Chocolate dam....and since we're not horses, lets not say being short of site isn't all that bad....my Mom suffered from macular degeneration for 15 years....it isn't fun....and just like we look for cures for people, let's look for the fix for this genetic disorder, not how to try to bit the bullet, and in the end result, perpetuate it....

Oh I'm not mad, really.. I was just wondering why you had not responded to the question.. I was curious to the bloodlines because of a stallion I thought he might of come from. All you got to do is click on the icons to use them. :yay: I never heard of any issues with Sebastian babies, I believe I had a mare from him that I co-owned with someone, beautiful mare.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
Oh I'm not mad, really.. I was just wondering why you had not responded to the question.. I was curious to the bloodlines because of a stallion I thought he might of come from. All you got to do is click on the icons to use them. :yay: I never heard of any issues with Sebastian babies, I believe I had a mare from him that I co-owned with someone, beautiful mare.
Could be Reb's Big Shot she's talking about?
Rockies are such a small gene pool all registered Rockies go back to most of these same lines eventually :lol:

FWIW when you purchase a registered horse, my advice is to receive the ACTUAL Paperwork when the money is paid for the animal and, this paperwork must be in order.

And take ALL of what you hear and MOST of what you see with a grain of salt and form your own opinions based on personal experiences. The integrity of the registration organization is only as good as the people who run it. But I digress....and won't say more this is WAY off topic. Sorry....

Carefulone

The integrity of the registration organization is only as good as the people who run it.

This was so far off base, I think we need to talk sometime, but I think you have to open up to the fact that it is not the orginization but I'm sure that's what you've been told..... and everyone I know over the years has thought they didn't get the right answers from someone, but this is about an individual you better rethink, if you are, listening too....he's got a line so very long, and is good at it, he takes pride in what he does to people....and I and others have been taken, not hear say...real and public and on the record....put the blame where it belongs, I swallowed my pride, not easily led.....but I'm one of MANY....all documented, not hear say....

Carefulone

By the way, giving out my email doesn't work for me, I'm been threatened....as many of us have, but I saw your site...will call you sometime....

Carefulone

and it's not the Sebastian line, I have a wonderful El Cid filly, but I think Happys right, people mentioned it possibly being in the Reb line, but who knows, I don't for sure......now here I agree, believe only part of what you hear....(I dot cause I can't use those cute icons...., thanks for the lesson on them, I'll try later)

Carefulone

Darn, don't want to take up all these posts, someone asked me if I was from S.Maryland, I think. I was born and raised on the east coast, the shore to the Pocono Mtns. I was then transplanted to the west....marriage can do that, but am now looking for a 1031 exchange. My cousin, a merchant marine engineer, head engineer ....lives in Virginia Beach when he's home, told me S.M. was prime horse property. I found the forum and figured it would be a good way to meet trail riding buddies. And people I could learn from, I come from quarterhorse/paint background, although I've been in Rockies since 2001.
My property closes on the 20th of this month....third time is a charm kind of thing, then my family is going to help me with finding a place there, I'm excited to be coming home....even if it's only for half the year. When I'm ready, I'll get some pointers on good areas....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Carefulone said:
Darn, don't want to take up all these posts, someone asked me if I was from S.Maryland, I think. I was born and raised on the east coast, the shore to the Pocono Mtns. I was then transplanted to the west....marriage can do that, but am now looking for a 1031 exchange. My cousin, a merchant marine engineer, head engineer ....lives in Virginia Beach when he's home, told me S.M. was prime horse property. I found the forum and figured it would be a good way to meet trail riding buddies. And people I could learn from, I come from quarterhorse/paint background, although I've been in Rockies since 2001.
My property closes on the 20th of this month....third time is a charm kind of thing, then my family is going to help me with finding a place there, I'm excited to be coming home....even if it's only for half the year. When I'm ready, I'll get some pointers on good areas....
What i can say is my hubby and I adore living here. There is a wonderful horse community, large, with a ton of places to ride, and beautiful to boot. We can't imagine being anywhere else now that we're here. Welcome!

Carefulone

Thanks...look forward to the search....now for everything to go smooth on this end. Real estate isn't at it's best, but since everthing is relevant, my property was sold low, not bad, but lower than last years prices...I can find the same all over. And it's goes back up....As long as the people buying my home have no problem with their close, it's the same day, then it's a go...hope I get out before the snow.

SouthernMdRocks

happyappygirl said:
What i can say is my hubby and I adore living here. There is a wonderful horse community, large, with a ton of places to ride, and beautiful to boot. We can't imagine being anywhere else now that we're here. Welcome!

:yeahthat: Welcome too.....

Carefulone

I just can't believe the outcome of a Google search, good to do before you talk to someone personally....Happy, you not only know the person I'm talking about, but you at some point had a link to their site on yours? A first.......

Carefulone

and thank you all for the welcomes....I appreciate it and hope to meet you all, maybe at a show when I come in early October....any shows....can't bring my horse in the plane...HA....but I could plan around any events....

Carefulone

Happy, I realize this was, the link, to advertise the stallion you used....but the link to bad business for a new business owner?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Carefulone said:
Happy, I realize this was, the link, to advertise the stallion you used....but the link to bad business for a new business owner?
It behooves a person to conduct business in a business-like manner. When this happens, one RARELY gets burned.

Yes I have purchased 2 horses through him, and yes i have been extremely happy with those horses - many if not most on this forum have seen them and been impressed with them, their temperament, their appearance and their foals.

And YES i conducted business in a VERY business like and formal manner from the very first transaction to the last, paperwork in hand, receipts, etc. When transactions requiring the financial outlay such as mine, you bet your a$$ i'm gonna do EVERYTHING in writing. Hence, my outcome on those horses has been satisfactory.

It is when others insert themselves into transactions they have no business being involved, that it gets messy.

I don't play the gossip game, nor do i spread or listen to it. I base my opinions on my own experiences. I did my homework on the HORSES i was interested in purchasing, beyond the person I was purchasing them THROUGH, was satisfied i was getting what i was paying for, and was done with it. If others are unhappy with that fact, so be it. don't judge ME, based on someone I purchased a horse THROUGH. Base your opinions of me on your own personal experiences. Most horsey folks on this forum know me, and my cop husband for who we are. These are not superficial relationships intended to gather information or ammunition.

If everyone judged everyone else on WHO they buy horses from, those who have purchased perfectly good horses from some of the crappy brokers around here...many GREAT friendships would be lost. We don't go there. Period. if you choose to...that's your prerogative. So Be it.

Carefulone

That said, you're saying as long as it doesn't affect you personally, so be it. And so be it for civic responsibility, and as I said, look up all the judgements against this person, some of which include, theft by deception, and his criminal record, your husband could do that if you were at all interested, no rumor mill here, Is DD a familiar horse, it's for sale through this sanctioned member.

Happy, you are making you're own rules, that in it self is anti social, and if you're friends are true friends, they may be able to put you on the right path, not a path to self destruction.....so you got a couple good horses....good for you, but the heck with the rest of the country. After your due diligence in your breeding program, you can't tell me what I've said is a surprise.....now I totally understand wanting an ASD horse.
It's not a case of who we buy horses from, but who we do business with, and easy on threads, to get away from what we don't want to hear...but a fact is just that....as I said, I don't work in rumors....