Hypp

Carefulone

It behooves a person to conduct business in a business-like manner. When this happens, one RARELY gets burned.

And when people know the businesses to stay away from, the same happens, my mission is to make sure it doesn't happen to others, not if I can prevent it....and this has been an eye opening experience into the other side of the road.....
When people give a venue, by using the only thing we own, their reputation and good name, they become a like entity....the old, you are what you eat...lye with dogs you get fleas thing....

Carefulone

happyappygirl (Premo)
Breeding blind mutants

Now this is uncalled for....how childish playing with words...is this supposed to be funny....and you're proud to call yourself a breeder, leave that opinion to others. I realize this is sarcasm, not funny to the afflicted....watch what you say, it can come back to bite you....

Carefulone

Most horsey folks on this forum know me, and my cop husband for who we are. These are not superficial relationships intended to gather information or ammunition.

Nor was that my intent, information, but don't use...is it John, don't use his status in life to show credibility....I come from 40 years of police background, my husbands brother is retired from the CIA, a retired Federal Marshall, a Californa state trooper, a patrolman in Reno nevada, both nephews, my brother in law in New Jersey, a retired Superior court Judge, and two chief of Police in our respective families....so I've got all the respect in relatives I need, doesn't do a darn thing for me. I am moving to your area, and I will make in roads....good to know ahead of time the route I want to avoid....no ammunition needed here....and didn't expect to find it on a site like this....

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Happy you going to take that...

Note to self..buy Happy a lap top for the bus trip home from work.. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
Happy you going to take that...

Note to self..buy Happy a lap top for the bus trip home from work.. :lmao:
Frankly I don't give a ratz Azz what people who don't even know me think. The ONLY thing i can control is ME, MYSELF, and I.

I simply refuse to be a part of it. I won't play in that sand box. Don't have too. I don't WANT to know what has happened to other people, because everyone has their version. All i can attest too is my own personal experiences. I won't take sides, and thats what is pizzing people off about this particular situaion. So be it. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know. but it's also not my duty to "warn the public" or make it my mission to destroy someone else. In the end it only hurts you. That much anger is wasted energy that I don't have to waste. Life is too short.

:SLAM: :drama:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Carefulone said:
It behooves a person to conduct business in a business-like manner. When this happens, one RARELY gets burned.

And when people know the businesses to stay away from, the same happens, my mission is to make sure it doesn't happen to others, not if I can prevent it....and this has been an eye opening experience into the other side of the road.....
When people give a venue, by using the only thing we own, their reputation and good name, they become a like entity....the old, you are what you eat...lye with dogs you get fleas thing....
UM...i do recall you saying you bought from TWO Rocky people...one you didn't receive the horse(s) and the other one sold you a parrot mouthed horse who can't see because you suspect it's ASD and the sales person didn't tell you? What of the person who sold you that horse? That person is the epitomy of a horse salesman? :confused:

Carefulone

Happy, these people have destroyed their own lives by taking from others, documents, court decisions, no need....again....to gossip, just what is.......is.....

That person is the epitomy of a horse salesman?

No, but the deal was a trade, at no cost to me, picked up and another delivered across this great land at no cost, they were training my filly that year.... if that's what I wanted....a heck of alot different than NO HORSE.....and don't need to attest to anything, have all the documents I need.... And, 2....... I too, before I was taken, was asked to be a "partner" with them, to buy horses for a dime on the dollar....I turned it down, so you're not the first, and you won't be the last. The trail of tears....
and I don't at all mean to come across rude...I thought you really didn't know, but that was yesterday....so in fact, who was looking for the ammunition. I think there should be no questions, if you want to raise this breed, then you work within the boundaries of all the registries, and I imagine, if one thinks about it, they all can't be wrong, again,....I can't believe, as you said yesterday trying to explain genetics, I can't believe you can't get it....and you seem like, well....who knows....haven't judged people well this past year, and you said, and you're right, it doesn't matter what people think about you, but it does matter who you are.....

Carefulone

I need to get off the thread, it's become too personal....and filled with stress, not fun, so good luck....I enjoyed the ride.....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Carefulone said:
I need to get off the thread, it's become too personal....and filled with stress, not fun, so good luck....I enjoyed the ride.....
why don't you just come visit me? Not to talk about the other crap, because I really don't want to get involved in all that, but to share a breed we both have come to admire, and enjoy. I have some awesome horses, smooth and beautiful, and I'd love to share them with someone else who loves them as much as I do. Again, I REALLY have no interest in getting involved in all that mess. It doesn't concern me, and I've had 25 years of polics in breeding and showing dogs. I got into these horses because of a deep love for the animal and want it to remain that way. That's why I'll never show them. I do trails, camp and sometimes just sit on my porch and watch them eat and play and that's all i need out of it. Period. Again, you are welcome to visit any time. I have nothing to hide. :smile:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
happyappygirl said:
WELL DUH...when you're talking about a breed where 85-90% of the REGISTERED horses carry silver...there isn't much choice now, is there? Sorry I had to say that....

:nono:

You know...I had been pretty nice on this whole subject, I feel to each their own, and was trying to just discuss the facts. But now you want to get fresh with me??? One of the few people who hasn't attacked, judged, or condemed your practice? To you, my dear....I say good day. :rolleyes:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appendixqh said:
:nono:

You know...I had been pretty nice on this whole subject, I feel to each their own, and was trying to just discuss the facts. But now you want to get fresh with me??? One of the few people who hasn't attacked, judged, or condemed your practice? To you, my dear....I say good day. :rolleyes:
:lol: i wasn't being "fresh". I was re-stating a point, which I have written several times already. It is difficult to NOT choose at least one parent who carries silver in this breed. The books are closing this year to grade mares, which will limit the gene pool even further.

The foals I've had thus far have been from mares already in foal when i purchased them, and who had no DNA studies done on them. Now they have. And MY breeding "practices" are being put into place according to that information.

I've made one actual breeding decision myself so far, and the results will come next spring. I've bred a Red Chocolate mare (one copy of silver on a bay horse) to a Homozygous Black stallion (no silver).

I've purchased (based on pedigree for conformation, color and gaiting genes):
A second black mare who is 3/4 sister to one I already own, absolutely adore and is (supposedly) homozygous black, in foal to a double silver chocolate stallion (a very popular and well known show stallion BTW) and;

One other mare i received, already in foal, who is Silver sorrel, (0ne copy of silver in a red horse) in foal to true buckskin stallion (no silver) and chosen for that reason. He is a young stallion, will be shown next year, and mine will be among his first foals born I think. He's GORGEOUS.

So that is the beginning of our breeding program, and our "practice". I will hopefully have 3 Rocky foals next year, and maybe our own stallion prospect, since I haven't been lucky enough to find one I like enough to purchase yet. Only time will tell. And I have plenty of that. So thanks for thinking of me. :smile: No harm intended. Really. :huggy:

Carefulone

I guess I couldn't totally stay away....Happy, I'll reply privately....I've done 13 months of investagation, I know more about the operation and people involved with that operation, than I care too....was just trying to save anyone that might get sucked in, a huge disappointment...maybe we can be more open and honest in private....
Also know many small and large breeders that wanted to produce what you're striving for, the ultimate, pretty (Just ask, I'm an old Halter horse breeder, pretty is as pretty does.....)the first had three ASD in the first year, not cost effective, or heart effective....just know that any color in this breed, if it has what they've been bred for, tempermant and gait, the darn color doesn't matter, only to the first time buyer, and as a farm with a breeding future, you want repeat buyers, not because the first horse they bought from you wasn't what they thought, and you're trading...that in the courts was called "Bait and Switch", but because the foal was everything they hoped....and sited...HA....you'll do good if you disconnect......sorry, but has nothing to do with personality, liking or disliking....just about being an honest person, and that's so very lacking in that operation.....here I go again, I'll try to stop myself.....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Carefulone said:
I guess I couldn't totally stay away....Happy, I'll reply privately....I've done 13 months of investagation, I know more about the operation and people involved with that operation, than I care too....was just trying to save anyone that might get sucked in, a huge disappointment...maybe we can be more open and honest in private....
Also know many small and large breeders that wanted to produce what you're striving for, the ultimate, pretty (Just ask, I'm an old Halter horse breeder, pretty is as pretty does.....)the first had three ASD in the first year, not cost effective, or heart effective....just know that any color in this breed, if it has what they've been bred for, tempermant and gait, the darn color doesn't matter, only to the first time buyer, and as a farm with a breeding future, you want repeat buyers, not because the first horse they bought from you wasn't what they thought, and you're trading...that in the courts was called "Bait and Switch", but because the foal was everything they hoped....and sited...HA....you'll do good if you disconnect......sorry, but has nothing to do with personality, liking or disliking....just about being an honest person, and that's so very lacking in that operation.....here I go again, I'll try to stop myself.....
A bait and switch scheme is a form of fraud in which the fraudster lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute which costs more, is. Rockies sell quickly, and he sells a lot of horses. It's that simple.

The horses I have purchased from the fellow you are referring to have been exactly what I was told they were. I have never been invited over to see a horse that wasn't actually there, and a different one was substituted once i got there. Nor has a different horse been provided to me. NOR have i backed out of a sale because of things other people have said to me, once a deposit has been made.

I have purchased a few horses who didn't pass a vet or temperament exam, were returned and were replaced, without question, and for horses of greater value then the ones originally purchased. That has been my experience. Nothing more, nothing less. All paperwork is in order (verified before purchase), and I follow all rules of the registry. That's the way i do business.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Bait and switch is as Happy said...

I am sorry..buying horses is a buyer beware market...like a used care..if you mess up...Your bad..

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:
A bait and switch scheme is a form of fraud in which the fraudster lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute which costs more, is. Rockies sell quickly, and he sells a lot of horses. It's that simple.

The horses I have purchased from the fellow you are referring to have been exactly what I was told they were. I have never been invited over to see a horse that wasn't actually there, and a different one was substituted once i got there. Nor has a different horse been provided to me. NOR have i backed out of a sale because of things other people have said to me, once a deposit has been made.

I have purchased a few horses who didn't pass a vet or temperament exam, were returned and were replaced, without question, and for horses of greater value then the ones originally purchased. That has been my experience. Nothing more, nothing less. All paperwork is in order (verified before purchase), and I follow all rules of the registry. That's the way i do business.

The way I look at it is,,,, your happy with your transactions/experiences then that's what matters... you play by the books and keep your ducks in a row,,, you owe no explanation to others. Not every battle has to be yours too.

Carefulone

First, and this is really all she wrote as she says, Happy, I know what is and I won't put it on line, you as you say will do as you will....
To HorseBroke, for a business owner who wants to become one of the best, you don't just care about yourself, and you don't buck the system, become part of the scheme and end up with horses with no background....everyone gets taken in one way or another, so as they say, what goes around comes around....I am so out of here.